Yahoo Technical Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Technical Interview Questions

Interviews at Yahoo

2.6

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in February 2016.

Interview

Fairly straightforward overall. Started out with a phone screen where I was asked a few basic questions, then followed up with another phone screen. Never had an on-site interview, only phone interviews and emails with the recruiters before I got the offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

Qualified by a contract agency about my experience and skill sets. Once approved and submitted I was next invited to Headquarters in Sunnyvale for a face to face.

Interviewed with 3 people and was called back the next Monday for a position. Very fast, efficient process. They were more interested in how fast I could learn, figure something out rather than what I already knew. This is clearly how smart engineers used to recruit fellow brainiacs.

Wisdom also shuns from fabled unicorns, purple squirrels ( although I swear I saw a few at Y!) and other fictitious entities as they are as real as the very definition of these wonderful businesses we seek employment with.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Austin, TX).

Interview

There were two back-to-back face-to-face on-campus interviews. Got the interview at career fair, and was interviewed the next day.An informal offer was given after two weeks. Some people had interviews after with hiring managers, but I didn't.

Interview Questions

• 1st interview: asked to describe a bug and how I resolved it in one of my projects. Then asked to Serialize a binary search tree, i.e. give a string representation of a BST. At the end there was time for questions.

2nd Interview:
      Casual. Asked about some code that I had on GitHub. Asked about my background in CS. Anytime I mentioned something, e.g. regex or relational databases, he would ask for a simple example confirming I actually knew it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

After one or two days when my friend sent the referral email, I got the message from project manager, he arranged two round phone interviews with me, after that he informed me the result and talked to me regarding the potential projects I will work on. The whole process is good and project manager is very helpful. But it takes almost one month to get the final confirmation of the offer from HR.

Interview Questions

• One open-end question: given the user behavior such as login logout time, etc, how to identify the bad users? Use any machine learning methods you can think of.   Answer Question
    • What is copy constructor in C++? Give some examples. What is virtual function in C++?   Answer Question
    • Design a C++ class that can parse string like "https://www.yahoo.com/:8080" into protocol: https, website: www.yahoo.com, port number:8080, no need to implement the actual method, just how to design the private member, public method, etc.   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo in March 2015.

Interview

A phone interview was set up with the interviewer. The call lasted for around 45 mins. Questions related to problem solving and optimization were asked. Coderpad was used to share my code. The interview started with theoretical questions and then the interviewer gave coding assignments.
    First, I had to solve the problem in the most efficient way possible and later code my solution.

Interview Questions

• How would you arrange an array consisting of purely 0 and 1's so that all 0's were followed by 1.
      Given a sorted array, how would you determine if the input number is a sum of any of two numbers present in the array?
      Difference between array and array List.   1 Answer

Technical Interview

Interview

2 telephonic interviews.Questions related to team asked.Response of HR really slow.2 telephonic interviews.Questions related to team asked.Response of HR really slow.2 telephonic interviews.Questions related to team asked.Response of HR really slow.