Yahoo Technical Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Yahoo

1 Interview Review

Technical Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Hillsboro, OR) in September 2011.

Interview

I applied for two jobs online. Their HR office is in CA so the CA recruiter contacted me for a phone screening within a week. She was pleased I seemed to fit with the culture. Within another day I had a 1-on-1 phone interview with the CA hiring trainer. It was clear in the phone interviews they were attempting to find out if I was the right fit.

In another couple of days I was asked to complete the application and had a panel interview with the CA hiring trainer by video and the Hillsboro team in their office. This interview was about my experience and how it related to the job directly.

I was asked to bring writing examples of courses, which were evaluated in the panel interview in about 10 minutes of our time. The team indicated that they do a lot of project work involving heavy deadlines and late nights at times. The OR and CA teams work closely together.

The customer service and sales departments are in the Hillsboro, OR office. They believe in having fun together, and they have many events to build morale. The Hillsboro office is only 1/2 a block from the Max train line, so it would be easy to commute via the train and avoid the bad traffic in the area. They are next to Intel plus other high tech firms that have a bad rush hour. Yes, they are very into purple. Dress code for the interview is casual business.

Note on the application, my only option was to fax it in. I paid $8.50 at a local store for the fax, so if you can figure out how to do it cheaper, I'd suggest you do.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about seeing "inappropriate" content?   1 Answer
  • How would you feel about being scheduled for a meeting at 1 AM?   1 Answer