Yahoo Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

3.1

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Digital Marketing Optimization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Very typical assessment day. Nice chilled out interview later on in the afternoon. on a less positive note the HR people did not read my CV properly and offered me the job not knowing my availability and then did not offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• If you ha to explain what Yahoo does to someone really senior and knew nothing about the industry what would you say?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I has it with the Team Manager and his manager, it was a VP, it was pretty chilled and nice. it was all in all around 2 hours, had an interview with a sales person as well, to bring a bit of different perspective. they were all very nice and in a good mood.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Yahoo, which are Yahoos most important products, how do you think they can improve ?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview was not so hard, many basic questions, I wasn't impressed much by the knowledge of the interviewer and experience however the HR and the whole process was very professional and gave me a great feeling about working for Google.

Interview Questions

• What in my experience fit for the role? how will I handle X and Z? what systems did I use at my previous roles   Answer Question

Creative Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in July 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews - one phone interview with HR and a face to face with the creative strategy team in London.

1st Interview - HR forgot we had an interview arranged and so I got into work early all prepared and waited around for nothing. She then sought to re-arrange the interview the same day. Fairly straight forward with general vetting questions surrounding motivations for Yahoo/role

2nd Interview - involved a presentation and general interview questions regarding experience, motivations and technical expertise.

The last interview went incredibly well and one of the interviewers described my presentation as 'amazing'. They were practically selling the job to me towards the end. They said they would get back to me with a decision in a few days

HOWEVER - I was told a few days later by HR that my interview went really well and that they were 'seeking approvals'. A fortnight went by and I emailed HR and they stated again they were 'seeking approvals'

A MONTH WENT BY - HR stated that they were still seeking approvals but something should materialise soon.

I emailed HR a strongly worded email suggesting I may have to consider and accept other opportunities if I wasn't told where I stood with Yahoo i.e am I being offered a job and what are the terms/conditions and stated clearly that I would like a concrete response with timelines for the 'approval' process.

2 Months Later - HR never responded to my last email. They never rejected me, but also never 'approved' my hire. So to this day - I never received a decision on my application - just was lead on for a month!

This experience was incredibly negative and showcases a very poor attitude to talent management. My time has been wasted and my hopes dashed. I would not advise anyone to work at this third rate organisation and if you are interviewing - please lower your expectations and don't be surprised by total un professionalism.

Interview Questions

• 1.) why are you leaving your job
      2.) why yahoo?
      3.) why role?
      4.) what could you bring to the table?   Answer Question

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Was contacted via LinkedIn by an in house recruiter. Only had the initial phone interview currently and waiting to hear about any possible next stages. Was asked 20 questions about varied subjects ranging from what various acronyms stood for such as HTTP to when is it appropriate to use a button vs an anchor link. Was asked some more maths type questions with a particular focus on probability. These were considerably more difficult

Interview Questions

• You have a bag containing an unlimited amount of tennis balls and five boxes which you are trying to throw then into. For every throw you are guaranteed to get a ball in one box. What is the minimum probability of getting 11 balls in any one box.   2 Answers

Technical Yahoo - Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

There was an initial phone interview, with some basic tech questions.

The on-site interview was the interesting part. There was a fair bit of variety to the questions and the problems that were being asked, which seemed like it would select for well-rounded candidates, than specialists.

The on-site interview has four parts: An old school pen and paper test which about 15 questions, of which only 12 needs to be answered (or in the general ball park of these numbers). The list of questions ranged from: probability, high school geometry, unix specific commands etc. The second part is an open ended coding exercise where I was asked to implement a word count program in the map-reduce style. This is easier than it sounds, and no prior Hadoop knowledge is required. The third part had a couple of puzzles, which is not my favorite part :) The fourth part is: a system architecture is described to the candidate on a white board. The candidate can ask questions etc., and after a few minutes of this, the white board is erased, and the candidate has to now explain this back to the interviewers, on the white board.

Interview Questions

• Given 25 horses, how can you find the top 3, with minimal number of races? Don't worry about the ordering within those 3.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

I initially had 2 HR phone interviews, the first very general, the second more focused on my experience and ability to fit in the team. Then I had 2 face to face technical interviews testing my databases, analytical and logical skills

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very long and confusing, been contacted by several different HR people and started the conversation from scratch all the time

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yahoo (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

There are three parts. 1. Write code based on a design (actually more like complete the code) 2. Take a test with SQL, Math and Programming questions 3. Discuss your code written at 1 with a Senior Programmer and the Hiring Manager.

Even though I had to travel by bus for two hours, there was no reimbursement.

They seemed utterly confused and disorganised as I was trying to reach the recruiter for 10 days. They certainly do not justify their name and I won't apply there again.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, just a difficulty to stay on the same track with the interviewers as they were asking for something different than what was written at the coding description. They probably need to rewrite that description.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yahoo.

Interview

Very charismatic and welcoming people. No difficult questions.

Direct Response Analyst Interview

Interview

3 interview steps:
    Over the phone where you will go over your CV
    Interview with two yahoo's employees, basic interviews
    Interview with 2 yahoo's managers, basic interviews

The process is quit long (between 2 and 4 weeks to get an answer after every steps)