Yahoo Web Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yahoo Web Developer Interview Questions

3.4

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo in November 2013.

Interview

Saw a post on a social media site advertising that Yahoo was looking for web developers. Having recently taught myself webdev, I decided to email my resume. Within two weeks I received a response that I had been chosen for a phone screen.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yahoo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (San Francisco, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It was a telephone interview. A basic get to know you/what are your skills interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

internal refer and get contacted by the hiring manager by email directly after
    2 weeks to set up an phone interview.
    last one hour : basic data structure and project experience.
    algorim question:
    find the intersection of two sorted arrays .
    design a card game
    desgin pattern ? factory ,adapter
    some basic javascript and css questions.
    what is the type of javascript?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yahoo (Menlo Park, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

The worst interview I ever had was for a web developer position with Yahoo! I was interviewed by a team of arrogant web developers. None of the people who interviewed me had any people skills. They basically interviewed me one-on-one, one right after the other. They bombarded me with questions that you could tell they were working on solving at the moment, and when I couldn't answer them on-the-fly without researching the problem and searching the Internet for solutions, they showed me out the door as if I had wasted their time.

Interview Questions

• Database case study problem and object-oriented JavaScript questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yahoo (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2007.

Interview

My interview took all day long and exhausting. However, some people have been hired after interviews with a few people and finished within an hour.

Later I became a hiring manager and noticed that the process is depending on availability of interviewers and work schedules (or laziness).
    Many interviewers do not have ability to judge technical skills (when hiring an engineer) so they simply see if they personally like the candidate or not.

Interview Questions

• Very vague questions like "what is a DTD?". "what is a box model?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Tell the HR that you have gotten another offer from another company. You'll be able to negotiate the better salary.