Yale New Haven Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yale New Haven Hospital Interview Questions

Interviews at Yale New Haven Hospital

2.8

Sort:

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was very easy and proceeded very quickly. I was able to go in my scrubs since I shadowed right afterwards. First, you read and fill out a form with the HR department. Then, you meet with the floor managers. Managers were a pleasure to interview with but I can't say much about HR since they did not end up scheduling a phone interview with me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've had a conflict with a co-worker   Answer Question

Patient Care Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital in May 2017.

Interview

I was called by the nurse manager on the floor I applied to and brought in for an interview. It went very smoothly and I was asked questions and then shadowed on the floor. I did not get the job, but it was a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with a difficult patient in the past?   1 Answer

Patient Escort Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (New Haven, CT).

Interview

The managers are very friendly ND welcoming. I felt comfortable , not a bit nervous at all. The interview was about 3 hours long. I met with hr, then the dept. Manager, along with shadowing for about 2 hours. It was about great experience.

Social Work Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (New Haven, CT) in December 2010.

Interview

It was good. It took about 4 weeks and it was ok with me. I met the supervisor, managers, other workers before I started working there. I was a good experience overall.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

ok. I was willing to sacrifice salary for experience

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital.

Interview

Lengthy approximately 12 weeks from filling out online application to hire date. Several interviews human resource representative followed by patient care manager and several subsequent interviews with pcm and staff members to narrow candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good match for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (New Haven, CT) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and knew someone who worked in the hospital who talked to the PSM (patient services manager) and got an interview. Questions included how would you work with coworkers who didn't do their job, what do you think about team work, what are your aspirations. do you want to be a nurse. Then they showed me around the unit. I thought it was very outdated but that people seemed to be friendly.

Interview Questions

• what was an bad experience you had with a patient or coworker or manager that you had and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. There is still a union for Clinical Technicians. A union that does nothing except collect dues every paycheck.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Haven, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (East Haven, CT) in September 2018.

Interview

Had an interview a little over a week ago. I feel like it went pretty well. I shadowed for an hour as well. The woman who interviewed me was very nice and made me feel very comfortable from the start. She gave me her business card and told me to give her call if I had any questions. She went pretty in-depth about a lot of things like (parking, training and uniform) I have yet to hear from anyone with a decision on me being hired or not. I’ve heard it’s a pretty long process sometimes so I’m trying to stay positive. Will be giving her s call on Monday!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for your job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (New Haven, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and to the point, you also have an additional interview with the managers of the unit you are applying for. The initial interview was to the point, you need not sugar coat your answers, just be straight forward. In the interview with the unit manager, however, you are allowed to be friendly and let them get to know you

Interview Questions

• How do you manage conflict with co workers, and have you ever had a conflict with a coworker before?   1 Answer

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (New Haven, CT) in November 2013.

Interview

I had a great conversation with the hiring manager and the human resource rep. It was five years ago so I don't remember much, I just know I have to write 30 words and this is really ridiculous that I have to do this because I just want to search for a job on here and it will not allow me to go ahead without doing this. I hope this is 30 words because I am done!!

Business Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (New Haven, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied on the hospitals website. Received a call from HR a week later for an interview. Met with recruiter for 10 minutes. Went to unit to be interviewed by managers. They didn't ask me any questions. I shadowed for an hour then spoke with managers again. Heard back from HR to start the reference and background check. It took over a week to complete. I didn't hear back for 2 months at which time I was told the position would now be per diem. After waiting 2 months for a decision, I was not expecting that. Total waste of time, very unprofessional.