Yale New Haven Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yale New Haven Hospital Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Resources Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital.

Interview

It was a very pleasant experience. I was asked mostly behavioral style questions. It took over a month to get an interview. I applied online and received a call to schedule interview with recruiter. I haven't received any follow up yet but was told that it was a long process.

Pct Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (New Haven, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

Online application, called within a week, came in on time but the human resources person was in a "meeting." I had to hang around for an hour. Then I go to the unit to meet managers, who were also in a "meeting." When they finally arrived interview went ok, standard questions. Then HR schedules time for phone interview and never called. Then called at random time when I was busy. Called back & no return call. Not sure I want to work here. Think I will stick with a smaller place. I am going to say I didn't get the job, but since I am not calling this lady back again, I really have no idea

Interview Questions

• Many questions about conflict resolution and lazy coworkers. So, are they telling me there is a lot of conflict and laziness?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital.

Interview

About a week after submitting an online application, I was contacted by YNHH HR and they conducted an initial interview over the phone about my clinical experiences, career plans, etc. I was scheduled for an interview for the critical care internship for new graduate nurses. I got to the hospital with about ten minutes to spare before my scheduled time, but it didn't matter because the manager who was scheduled to meet with me was over a half hour late. He began the interview by asking, "so what do you know about us?" and proceeded to lecture me on the metrics in place to make sure patients are cared for appropriately in as little time as possible. He seemed to know nothing about me as an applicant and did not ask any questions about my experiences, but mostly just talked about their emergency department and explained how it works (I did my capstone in an ED and already knew 90% of what he was telling me about it). I also got the impression that he was trying to intimidate or scare me away by the way he spoke about the metrics and how YNHH is very selective with who they choose as employees, etc. Overall, I was put off by the way the interview was conducted and felt like I was expected to brown nose my way into the position instead of speaking objectively about my own qualities and why I want the position.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital.

Interview

The interview was fair. I interviewed with HR and then the managers on the floor. There were some questions I was prepared for and some I wasn't. Overall, it was a professional and well conducted interview.

Referral Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (New Haven, CT) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online and one month later I received a phone call for an interview. On interview day I was given a personality test that took about a half hour. The HR rep that was to interview me was nowhere to be found as I was told but I remember seeing her when I was taking the test so my guess was that she didn't want to speak to me. So I was taken to the department where I applied to interview. Had a nice long interview with the supervisor who then had me briefly meet the manager. Later that day I was called for a second interview that was scheduled for 2 weeks later. Went to my second interview and met with the Director, nice meeting then they had me meet with the manager of the location that I would work at but she was not a person that I would report too, her problem with me was that I was in still in school and that I would not be able to work the shift that they were hiring about. I assured her that classes were almost over and that I am sure that by the time I was hire and trained that classes would have been completed and ready to work the assigned shift. Two weeks later I received an email stating that they hired someone that meets departmental needs. I was floored, I had 10 years experience that everyone I met liked and I had the education.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me what the difference between Physical therapy and Occupational therapy?   1 Answer