Yale New Haven Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Biomedical IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (New Haven, CT) in June 2017.

Interview

Friendly, laid back. The interviewers were well prepared, yet the interview was not overwhelmingly stressful. I knew rather immediately that I had been given an offer, and then accepted

Patient Escort Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (New Haven, CT).

Interview

The managers are very friendly ND welcoming. I felt comfortable , not a bit nervous at all. The interview was about 3 hours long. I met with hr, then the dept. Manager, along with shadowing for about 2 hours. It was about great experience.

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital.

Interview

Lengthy approximately 12 weeks from filling out online application to hire date. Several interviews human resource representative followed by patient care manager and several subsequent interviews with pcm and staff members to narrow candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good match for this position?   Answer Question

New Grad Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (New Haven, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone call with HR followed by in person interview with nurse mgr a week later. HR CALL was less than 10 mins. In person interview about 30 mins, followed by shadowing on the floor for 2 hrs. HR called the same day to request refs. Offer received 10 days post interview

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from HR to schedule for an in-person interview. Met with HR for about 15 to 30 mins. Then met with unit manager. Was able to shadow on unit with nurse for about 2 hours. Returned to manager's suite to wrap up. Got a call from HR shortly after leaving to discuss references. Everything took about a month from the time of application to job offer.

Clinical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (Middletown, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

I was called by HR who gave me instructions on the phone. I had to go to an HR office first and get some general information then head up to the floor for the interview with two people. It was hinted that I would get an offer after the shadow experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I do not believe they negotiate. It was "this is what a clinical nurse is paid" when talking to HR.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital.

Interview

Hiring and interview process was very easy and proceeded very quickly. I was able to go in my scrubs since I shadowed right afterwards. First, you read and fill out a form with the HR department. Then, you meet with the floor managers. Managers were a pleasure to interview with but I can't say much about HR since they did not end up scheduling a phone interview with me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you've had a conflict with a co-worker   Answer Question

Clinical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (New Haven, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and to the point, you also have an additional interview with the managers of the unit you are applying for. The initial interview was to the point, you need not sugar coat your answers, just be straight forward. In the interview with the unit manager, however, you are allowed to be friendly and let them get to know you

Interview Questions

• How do you manage conflict with co workers, and have you ever had a conflict with a coworker before?   1 Answer

Human Resources Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital.

Interview

It was a very pleasant experience. I was asked mostly behavioral style questions. It took over a month to get an interview. I applied online and received a call to schedule interview with recruiter. I haven't received any follow up yet but was told that it was a long process.

Pct Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (New Haven, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

Online application, called within a week, came in on time but the human resources person was in a "meeting." I had to hang around for an hour. Then I go to the unit to meet managers, who were also in a "meeting." When they finally arrived interview went ok, standard questions. Then HR schedules time for phone interview and never called. Then called at random time when I was busy. Called back & no return call. Not sure I want to work here. Think I will stick with a smaller place. I am going to say I didn't get the job, but since I am not calling this lady back again, I really have no idea

Interview Questions

• Many questions about conflict resolution and lazy coworkers. So, are they telling me there is a lot of conflict and laziness?   1 Answer