Yale New Haven Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.8

Administrative Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (New Haven, CT) in November 2013.

Interview

I had a great conversation with the hiring manager and the human resource rep. It was five years ago so I don't remember much, I just know I have to write 30 words and this is really ridiculous that I have to do this because I just want to search for a job on here and it will not allow me to go ahead without doing this. I hope this is 30 words because I am done!!

Patient Escort Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (New Haven, CT).

Interview

The managers are very friendly ND welcoming. I felt comfortable , not a bit nervous at all. The interview was about 3 hours long. I met with hr, then the dept. Manager, along with shadowing for about 2 hours. It was about great experience.

New Grad Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (New Haven, CT) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone call with HR followed by in person interview with nurse mgr a week later. HR CALL was less than 10 mins. In person interview about 30 mins, followed by shadowing on the floor for 2 hrs. HR called the same day to request refs. Offer received 10 days post interview

Staff RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital.

Interview

Lengthy approximately 12 weeks from filling out online application to hire date. Several interviews human resource representative followed by patient care manager and several subsequent interviews with pcm and staff members to narrow candidates.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are a good match for this position?   Answer Question

Clinical Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (New Haven, CT) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was quick and to the point, you also have an additional interview with the managers of the unit you are applying for. The initial interview was to the point, you need not sugar coat your answers, just be straight forward. In the interview with the unit manager, however, you are allowed to be friendly and let them get to know you

Interview Questions

• How do you manage conflict with co workers, and have you ever had a conflict with a coworker before?   1 Answer

Clinicl Pharmacist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (New Haven, CT) in April 2012.

Interview

Multiple one on one interviews with managers/directors in the service area applying for as well as HR, some were conversational others posed situational questions, total interview time was from 8-3

Interview Questions

• When implementing a new protocol or policy, describe your gap analysis   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call from HR to schedule for an in-person interview. Met with HR for about 15 to 30 mins. Then met with unit manager. Was able to shadow on unit with nurse for about 2 hours. Returned to manager's suite to wrap up. Got a call from HR shortly after leaving to discuss references. Everything took about a month from the time of application to job offer.

Clinical Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (Middletown, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

I was called by HR who gave me instructions on the phone. I had to go to an HR office first and get some general information then head up to the floor for the interview with two people. It was hinted that I would get an offer after the shadow experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I do not believe they negotiate. It was "this is what a clinical nurse is paid" when talking to HR.

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital in May 2014.

Interview

the interview process was lengthly, met with the supervisor and it seem to be a breeze, there after met with the director had a really good chat, met with office manager and physician in the office both seem really welcoming and was very comfortable with everyone i met with, met with the front desk staff which was okay.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yale New Haven Hospital (New Haven, CT) in February 2013.

Interview

I spent time in the area i would potentially work at in order to see a day in the life to ensure that I truly understood and wanted to do the job. Later met with management and educators for official interview. Later spoke with human resources for another interview during the same day. Long day but the employees were really supportive and helpful.