Yandex Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Sep 13, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 10 of over 189 interviews

Applied online38%
In Person25%
HardAverageEasy

Yandex

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yandex

Interview

Regular interview, took about 1 hr standart questions about education, skills and participating projects then continiued with logical quiz than interviewer asked to write simple algorithm in python i was a litle bit nervious and flunked the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Logical quizes and algorithms realization
    Answer Question

Yandex

Application

I interviewed at Yandex

Interview

1 HR asks all the questions and writes notes to laptop. HR has not many technical background, but she were very friendly and answers all the questions you ask. The whole process took about 40 minutes.

Interview Questions
  • Print "1 s 2 s 3 s ... s n" for arbitary given string s and integer n.
  • How to find out the metrics for a test and decide whether to make a tested change

Yandex

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yandex in Apr 2019

Interview

After filling form I received the online test-task. The time limit is 2 Hours. The day after HR contacted me and we agreed on a Skype interview for the next week. The Skype interview took 1 hour.

Interview Questions
  • Q1: Python code for Transpose matrix Q2: Machine learning algorithms & Metrics Q3: Create metric for asked problem
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Moscow, Moskva

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yandex (Moscow, Moskva)

Interview

Online test - mostly math and probability theory. 2 onsite interview with Senior Analyst and Managers. Questions about running experiments, measuring loss, users satisfaction and some python questions. How to improve measurements.

Interview Questions
  • Q: how would you measure the effect of failing Yandex mobile app for 15 mins.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow, Moskva

Application

I interviewed at Yandex (Moscow, Moskva)

Interview

I was disappointed by the quality of Yandex employees and the recruiting process in general. Interviews were poorly organized and the interviewers were quite unkindly. The company asked a lot of standard brainteaser questions, but was not willing to discuss specific experience and job responsibilities.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow, Moskva

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yandex (Moscow, Moskva) in Apr 2017

Interview

1 or 2 persons asking you questions or tests which may have no good answer or you need some not standard thinking to solve the quiz. But sometimes they simply don't know what they want. Like in my case. Three times in a row.

Interview Questions
  • You have two flamable threads, each burning for 1 hour. How to measure 45 minutes?
  • They show you projection of some 3d small object. Asking you to picture an object itself.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Moscow, Moskva

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yandex (Moscow, Moskva) in Jul 2016

Interview

Interview with four sections (probability theory, internet, brain teasers, coding). Each section one hour long, with 30 minutes lunch break. All interviewers were friendly, but not their questions. Coding section was pretty easy.

Interview Questions
  • How would you find the average salary in the team of developers? It is prohibited to ask question that will explicitly or implicitly let you know their individual salaries.
5 people found this interview helpful

Yandex

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yandex in Jun 2016

Interview

I had about 6-8 interviews on different mathematical and computer science topics with Yandex employees. They were polite and helpful. The problems asked were quite difficult and interviewers do not expect immediate answer to most of them, usually they wish to hear your thoughts on the tasks.

Interview Questions
  • Various questions about statistics, combinatorics, algorithms

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow, Moskva

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Yandex (Moscow, Moskva)

Interview

1.On-line application via company's website. Nothing special (cv, cover letter and a couple of standard brain teasers). 2. Skype interview. You have to make sure your internet connection is ok, have a rest and don't get nervous. The interviewers are there to help you and guide through the process. Be aware that you are not allowed to use neither a calculator, nor a pencil to make some calculations. Don't forget about time. Think out loud when solving the brainteasers. 3. F2F interview. Again a couple of brainteasers, background and experience questions.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about search algorithms? How do they work?
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moscow, Moskva

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yandex (Moscow, Moskva)

Interview

I got a call from HR suggesting to fill the form at the site's vacancies zone. Then I was invited to technical 1.5 hour interview with specialists. We talked about how to create a search engine, how search engines work an so on. Then I got a problem to solve at home with a week limit (to apply some machine learning algorithm). Then I was invited to another interview with not only technical specialists but also team managers and head of the department. There were some quite simple questions and some tricky questions with multiple ways to solve they expected to hear.

Interview Questions
  • How can we understand that search is good? What is search quality?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Interviews