Yankee Candle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 28, 2017

2.2

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Louisville, KY) in January 2016.

Interview

Two interviews require. But the process is cake really, not many requirements as the pay rate is very low. Anyone could be hired here as long as you haven't killed anyone or anything like that before.

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Evansville, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

Picked up an application, dropped it off, got a call from the general manager to come in, etc. They actually interviewed me on the spot and the manager was really professional.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colonial Heights, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Colonial Heights, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I got there 10 minutes earlier than I was supposed to be and still ended up waiting 20 while the manager finished eating lunch. When she finally came out she said the backroom was too small for an interview and we ended up sitting on a bench in the middle of the mall, which i didn't have a problem with. She asked me the basic questions. Was polite and seemed nice. It didn't take more than maybe 15 minutes.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2015.

Interview

The manager met with me and was very kind and engaging. We not only interviewed, but we talked about ourselves as well, a little bit about our personalities, our experiences, different work environments. I felt very comfortable during the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked about prior work experience and different work situations. I had worked two jobs before this one, and she asked about situations that applied to both. She asked if I enjoyed my time at both places and how I came to work there.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sicklerville, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Sicklerville, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

The hiring process took a week and 4 days. I submitted my application in person on a Wednesday and was called that same day to schedule an interview. The interview took place on Friday the week after and was a one on one, very personal and easy basic questions. I was called back the next monday and was told that I got the job and that I'd start work a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Whats your availability like? Whats your favorite scent? How would you sell that scent to a customer? Why do you want to work at yankee candle? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Payment is minimum wage. Non negotiatable in any way.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Central City, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Central City, FL).

Interview

I was offer the job to move up in the company. Had worked my way up. Started as a second assist.I had only one interview which was the DM at that time. He was the one that had ask me to apply for the job.

Interview Questions

• Where were I like to be in a year? How would I handle a mad customer. Do I mind working on hoildays.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Spokane, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a little intimidating. The assistant manager interviewed me in the food court and the entire time she seemed to want to rush through the interview and was a little rude. When the interview was over she said i would get a call in the next week or so. I waited three weeks and went into the store personally to check up several times, about the third time she just told me right out that they had hired someone else.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2015.

Interview

I have a phone interview follow by a one on one interview with the District Manager. A week later had a phone interview with the Regional Manager. A background check was done before an offer was given.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle difficult situations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Saint Augustine, FL).

Interview

I was referred to the job through a friend who works there. I met with the Assistant Manager first due to the Manager being away to help another store, and was given a basic screening. I received a text to come in a few days later and I was given my real interview. That went smoothly and I was told that they would be in contact with me in a few days and that they had two more people interviewing for the job. A few days later I received a call stating I got the job because I really had the "Yankee Candle personality" and would fit in well.

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yankee Candle in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online several months prior to receiving a call. Call consisted of brief questions concerning my experience. Interview with store manager was very relaxed. Explained job expectations and filled out hard copy of application. Given background of interviewer and company.