Yankee Candle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yankee Candle Interview Questions

Interviews at Yankee Candle

2.1

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yankee Candle.

Interview

Applied online. Interviewed with DM in person about a week later. Offered job the next day.

First Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Atlanta, GA) in May 2009.

Interview

I was hired as a sales associate initally and worked my way up in the company. After filling out the application, an interview is scheduled, if the manager is interested, as second interview is conducted. For management positions this is usually the district manager. Then a background check is completed.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Yankee Candle fragrance? Be honest. If you make something up, we will know. We know our stuff. If you aren't familiar with Yankee, say so. BUT we do love it when we get an enthusiast.   Answer Question

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Detroit, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was great, I had several interviews with the District Manager and also the Regional District Manager , both on the phone and in person. Both the District Manager and the Regional District Manager were super nice and overall it was a good experience. My advice is to know about their products and be an avid shopper with Yankee Candle. If you already know and love their products it is an easy interview.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2015.

Interview

I was asked my interest in retail and was I enthusiastic about sales. I was asked my knowledge of microsoft office and excel for reporting and understanding average dollar sales, conversion, sales budget and comparisons etc. Do I like management and working as a team. It was very informal and over the telephone.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand the importance of conversion regarding retail sales.   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yankee Candle in November 2018.

Interview

The interview took about 30 mins, I was offered the job on the spot. It was a very comfortable and pleasant experience. The onboarding process didn't take very long either. Overall, very easy interview scenario.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an accountability goal at other work places (ex.personalized candles)?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colonial Heights, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Colonial Heights, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I got there 10 minutes earlier than I was supposed to be and still ended up waiting 20 while the manager finished eating lunch. When she finally came out she said the backroom was too small for an interview and we ended up sitting on a bench in the middle of the mall, which i didn't have a problem with. She asked me the basic questions. Was polite and seemed nice. It didn't take more than maybe 15 minutes.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leesburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Leesburg, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

It was a casual interview, not high stress at all. I applied in store and had an interview the next day, the manager called back the same day as the interview because he was eager to have me start soon.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite scent? If it is a seasonal scent how would you sell it outside of the season?   Answer Question

Interview

Standard interview questions. You sit down with the manager of the store and fill out the application. She/He then asks you the standard interview questions and then you wait around a week to hear back.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yankee Candle.

Interview

Typical Management questions.
    Most of the questions related to you’re sales abilities and your ability to manage other and cash handling. Also had a question about what my weaknesses are in customer service.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite candle and how would you sell it to me?   1 Answer

Second Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Louisville, KY) in January 2016.

Interview

Two interviews require. But the process is cake really, not many requirements as the pay rate is very low. Anyone could be hired here as long as you haven't killed anyone or anything like that before.