Yankee Candle Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yankee Candle Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Yankee Candle

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Pembroke Pines, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I walked into the store asking for the manager to ask if they're hiring, what are the requirements, etc. The manager wasn't there so another associate gave me an application packet but emphasized that i needed to be 18. (i'm 17..) When i went to turn the packet in the manager was entering and i shook her hand, gave her my name and left. Exactly one week later they called me in for an interview. Store Manager was busy so the District Manager held the interview. It was individual.

Interview Questions

• What products do you own from Yankee Candle?   1 Answer
  • In my resume (i'm still in highschool) she asked what do i do in the clubs im in   Answer Question
  • how do i act as a leader/what leadership qualities do i have   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yankee Candle

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2012.

Interview

Very casual and laid back. We met outside the store and spoke for about 20-25 mins. Asked the general questions, what are your strengths? Tell me about yourself. What is your availability? Conversation flowed freely.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

*Please keep in mind I interviewed more than 5 years ago and a lot has changed*

The interview was more like a conversation. The store manager wanted to get to know me, mostly about my personality/customer service.
    We talked for about a half an hour. At the time the company still required us to take personality tests and a skills test. Those were all done by hand. The company no longer requires those tests.
    It was a fairly easy interview.
    Dress in business attire. Be positive and genuine.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what my definition of customer service is.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sicklerville, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Sicklerville, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

The hiring process took a week and 4 days. I submitted my application in person on a Wednesday and was called that same day to schedule an interview. The interview took place on Friday the week after and was a one on one, very personal and easy basic questions. I was called back the next monday and was told that I got the job and that I'd start work a week later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Whats your availability like? Whats your favorite scent? How would you sell that scent to a customer? Why do you want to work at yankee candle? Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Payment is minimum wage. Non negotiatable in any way.