Yankee Candle Sales Associate At Yankee Candle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yankee Candle Sales Associate At Yankee Candle Interview Questions

Interviews at Yankee Candle

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paramus, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Paramus, NJ) in October 2014.

Interview

ist interview was with store manager went extremely well I was asked to come back for a second.I was interviewed by the 2nd asst mgr...she was not nice..ok a know it all...a week went by and no phone call..they didn't even check my references...I called and I was told they offered position to another,,,What went wrong?????? I always wanted to work there and I told them that...waste of my time..I thought if a candidate would call it would sound that they really wanted the job..I am a collector of there candles and even thought of not patronizing them anyore..I was so upset..and hurt

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yankee Candle

Anonymous Employee in Merrillville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Merrillville, IN) in July 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview with the store manager and first assistant. The interview was detailed and very easy. The hiring process was quick and efficient and I started right away with two other people from my interview group. The staff was very nice and helpful. Altogether I think their hiring process was put together nicely.

Interview Questions

• They gave us product and asked us to act out selling it to them   1 Answer

Sales Associate At Yankee Candle Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle in October 2014.

Interview

I applied in the store and got a call back later that night. I went in the next day to interview. The manager took me into the back room and interviewed me. She asked me basic questions like "what are you going to school for?", "have you ever worked before?" I was only 18 at the time by the way. I was hired on the spot and it was an easy, laid back interview.

Anonymous Employee in Tinton Falls, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Tinton Falls, NJ) in October 2012.

Interview

Very lax and calm- they ask basic questions and want to know your work ethic, work history and other things. They want to genuinely see how you are as a person and if you have the social skills to talk to a costumer calmly if you can talk to an interviewer calmly. At first it was stressful but after the third question or so it turned out to be a very casual and positive conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Lincoln, NE) in May 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed a day or so after I had applied. Basically the manager asked me typical interview questions about myself etc. There were no specifics on candles or fragrances. It was mellow and laid back. I got offered the job the next day.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Two interviews: First with the manager and then a second with the assistant manager. Since the store is small they really were looking for personality as well as reliability. The first interview I was seated on a bench, directly outside the store and sat beside the manager. It was a friendly back and forth and very conversational between the standard questions. I received a phone call a few days later and asked to come back in for the 2nd interview a week later. This interview was with the assistant and we sat across from each other at a time in the food court. Many of the questions were the same. The interview process seemed surprisingly long for the position. It took close to 3 weeks. At one point I was told I was picked out of a stack of applicants so personality seemed to be a big part of the choosing process.

Interview Questions

• Boiler plate questions including "Tell me a little about yourself, why do you want this job, what was your greatest work achievement, where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jeffersonville, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Jeffersonville, OH) in March 2011.

Interview

Was asked to tell about myself and why I would be a good fit for Yankee Candle. I was asked if I knew what the company was about and how I thought I could contribute to the company. What hours I was able to work and was I okay with working on weekends and Holidays.

Interview Questions

• What is something you could improve on about yourself?   1 Answer