Yankee Candle Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.0

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Lake Grove, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I walked in the store and asked to speak to a manager, where I then told her of my past experience at another Yankee Candle location and asked if the store was hiring. The manager was extremely kind and right away gave me an application and asked me to come back the next day. When I did so, she asked me a few questions about my work ethic and why I have again chosen to work at Yankee Candle. The whole interview was very relaxed and I felt totally comfortable. I was hired on the spot, I look forward to starting!

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe an instance where I had a difficult time following the rules.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yankee Candle

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yankee Candle.

Interview

When I interviewed, they were opening a new store, so I was actually interviewed by another store's manager as they needed to hire an entire staff for this new store. The interview was simple. I filled out a lengthy questionnaire and afterward went over my answers with the manager. She was casual and laid back, and we made small talk throughout the interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were about personality and work habits/skills. How would you handle situations, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Southlake, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The Manager brought me into the back room for a one on one, she was very nice. She read my application papers (which, at least at the store I worked at, must be sent physically and not electronically) and asked me about my schedule, interests, skills, etc...

Interview Questions

• Do you have any special skills?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Denver, CO).

Interview

Filled out info card in the store after seeing a hiring sign. I was called a few days later asking if I could come in for an interview. The interview was conducted by the temporary manager because their manager left and they are looking for a new one. She asked me basic questions. The type of questions no job even asks anymore like "what are your strengths/weaknesses," and "if you were an animal, which would you be." I thought it was inappropriate that she asked my age.Those questions don't mean anything and don't help employers evaluate potential candidates. Overall it took about 15 mins. The interviewer was nice, but really out of her element conducting interviews. After, she told me they'd call the following Monday to let me know. 3 weeks later and have not heard anything. I just think it's really unprofessional not to even give someone the courtesy of following up or doing what you say you'll do. I know it's hard to tell someone he/she doesn't have the job, but still! It'd be nice to know either way.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      If you were an animal, which would you be and why?
      Feel free to tell me your age or whatever you want about yourself.
      What is your sales/retail experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Evansville, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Evansville, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

Picked up an application, dropped it off, got a call from the general manager to come in, etc. They actually interviewed me on the spot and the manager was really professional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Spokane, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

It was a little intimidating. The assistant manager interviewed me in the food court and the entire time she seemed to want to rush through the interview and was a little rude. When the interview was over she said i would get a call in the next week or so. I waited three weeks and went into the store personally to check up several times, about the third time she just told me right out that they had hired someone else.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Saint Augustine, FL).

Interview

I was referred to the job through a friend who works there. I met with the Assistant Manager first due to the Manager being away to help another store, and was given a basic screening. I received a text to come in a few days later and I was given my real interview. That went smoothly and I was told that they would be in contact with me in a few days and that they had two more people interviewing for the job. A few days later I received a call stating I got the job because I really had the "Yankee Candle personality" and would fit in well.

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy. Few questions to answer. Ask what you would do when there is a conflict between a co worker and yourself. Ask what is the hardest conflict you've had to overcome. All very basic questions you can answer.

Interview Questions

• How can you sell me this candle?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Columbus, OH) in October 2014.

Interview

Submitted my application and got a phone call about 2 weeks later. Came in early for my interview and the store manager took me to a seating area outside of the store. She was super nice and we clicked immediately. She listened to what I had to say and wrote down my answers to the questions she asked me. Then after the questions she went over what the dress code was and offered me the job and told me my start date and time.

Interview Questions

• State a time where you were put in a difficult situation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Monaca, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Monaca, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

It was an on-the-spot interview. Was just walking by the store and saw a hiring sign. The manager had me fill out a application right then and did a interview with me right after. The manager was very friendly, easy going, and not difficult to talk to.