Yankee Candle Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yankee Candle Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Yankee Candle

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Lake Grove, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Lake Grove, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I walked in the store and asked to speak to a manager, where I then told her of my past experience at another Yankee Candle location and asked if the store was hiring. The manager was extremely kind and right away gave me an application and asked me to come back the next day. When I did so, she asked me a few questions about my work ethic and why I have again chosen to work at Yankee Candle. The whole interview was very relaxed and I felt totally comfortable. I was hired on the spot, I look forward to starting!

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe an instance where I had a difficult time following the rules.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yankee Candle

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Cleveland, OH) in July 2013.

Interview

They do not make you fill out an application until after you receive a job offer. Instead they use interest cards which lists the basic information and job availability. I was asked about 10 to 15 questions during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were in a disagreement and how did it get resolved?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Southlake, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Southlake, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

The Manager brought me into the back room for a one on one, she was very nice. She read my application papers (which, at least at the store I worked at, must be sent physically and not electronically) and asked me about my schedule, interests, skills, etc...

Interview Questions

• Do you have any special skills?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Denver, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy. Few questions to answer. Ask what you would do when there is a conflict between a co worker and yourself. Ask what is the hardest conflict you've had to overcome. All very basic questions you can answer.

Interview Questions

• How can you sell me this candle?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yankee Candle.

Interview

The assistant manager (acting manager at the time) took me to the food court and we sat at a secluded table. He asked me several questions and gave me encouraging feedback. It was very laid-back and took about 30 minutes. He offered me the job at the end.

Interview Questions

• What are some questions you would ask a customer to find them a fragrance they might like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Peoria, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

Easy. All the questions were from glassdoor. The manager really wanted to know more about me and asked situational/behavioral questions. It was not a hard interview. I recommend the job it was great way to better my social skills.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite Candle?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

1 on 1 interview with the manager at the store. Mostly asked about customer service experience and how flexible my schedule was. Was told the next day that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Danbury, CT) in October 2018.

Interview

It was an easy interview. Asked where I worked before and how long I have been in retail. asked if I could climb a ladeer and carry upto 3o lbs.

Interview Questions

• How long have I been in retail.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yankee Candle in January 2016.

Interview

Easy as can be for anyone who desires to work there. No problem in getting in. That's about all that's needed to be known about the job. Make sure to know a little about what the company is all about.

Anonymous Employee in Mankato, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yankee Candle (Mankato, MN) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a bliss. My first interview after almost 4 years of unemployment. (I was a SAHM) Manager of the store was very sweet. She talked calmly and helped me feel at ease. I wasn't stressed or worried about a thing. We talked as if we already met. Her name is Lisa. I will miss working at Yankee Candle for the rest of my life. Ughh.