Yard House Hostess Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yard House Hostess Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.2

Hostess Interview

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call within a couple of days. They scheduled an interview with me for the following day. There were six applicants applying for the same position. We each met with the managers for five minutes. One of the mangers was trying very hard to be intimidating by continuously bringing up that this was a competition. It rubbed me the wrong way.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yard House

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yard House in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got a call about 2 weeks later to go in for an interview. I let with the manager and he asked me questions about what is was to be a hostess, what I'd contribute to the team and how my past work experience would be helpful to the job. At the end of the interview he asked me if I could go in to meet the manager who hired for that position a few days later and I said yes. The manager was super friendly. I came in for the next meeting and the manager was late so the first one came and sat down with me and talked me through the orientation process if I got hired, then another manager asked me to sit down and basically interviewed me too. He was very friendly too. When the manager who would hire me came in he asked me questions about scheduling and hours I wanted to work as if I already got the job, he was harder to read and more serious, he asked me a lot of random questions about me to get a feel of my personality I guess. Then he told he'd call me in the next 2 days to let me know but I really thought I didn't get the job. Later that night the last manager called me and offered me the job.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yard House (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a scheduled interview a week after I had applied. Came in 10 minutes earlier than the scheduled interview time. Dressed in all black business casual attire (similar to what I would be wearing if I get hired). Typically a 3 person interview process, but only had to do 2 interviews. I first met with the GM, mainly asking about the longevity of my position at the company. The GM also talked about what the job entailed and the culture of the company. Came in the next day for the 2nd interview to meet with the Front Desk Manager. Began with asking me about myself and why I want to work here, and my availability. He went into further detail about the job description and what the expectations are for the position. After about 10 minutes into the interview, he told me to wait in the booth we were interviewing in and would return. Once he came back, he had a new hire packet and offered me the position. So glad I surpassed the 3rd interview! :)

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yard House (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy interview. As a host they want someone who can represent the restaurant and make a good first impression on the guest. Had a second interview with the GM as he is the final say in who gets hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the role of the Host is at a restaurant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yard House (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the next day I went in to hand in my resume and cover letter. The manager greeted me and sat me down at one of the booths. He asked questions like why I wanted to work there and about my work experience. It was very relaxed. If you go in make sure to go during the down hours around 2pm-4pm when its the least crowded. I was not offered a job because I was only looking for seasonal and they don't hire seasonally.

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yard House (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and then went into the restaurant to follow up. I was told to come back the following week for their open hours. When I came back, I interviewed with one manager who told me come back the next day to meet with the other managers. I met with the other two managers the next day who asked me the typical questions (Why do you want to work at Yardhouse? What does customer service mean to you? Where do you see yourself in a year? etc.) and after responding well, I was offered the job! They were very friendly and there seemed to be a great atmosphere so I'm excited to start working.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yard House in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call to come in for an interview the same day. The interview was with 3 different managers, one right after the other. There were also other people having interviews at the same time but at different tables. They all asked about work and customer service experience, pretty standard interview questions. Overall the interview was about 30 minutes long.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yard House (Northridge, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was okay. They called me to set up a time and date when I can go in. When I went in I was suppose to meet a girl manager but instead I got a guy manager. He was very nice. We talked for a bit told him about my previous job how, my manager would describe me my work ethic and so on.

Interview Questions

• Describe how a typical night at your old job would go for you?   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yard House in October 2014.

Interview

When I went in for my interview, I waited just a few minute before I was approached by one of the managers. It was friendly and welcoming, which then another manager came to interview me. They both asked generally the same questions, though were gauging my response They asked somewhat personal questions, nothing inappropriate, but to be friendly and get a better feel for who I am and my work ethic. I believe that that's what made them give the general manager the okay to higher me. So based off these two, I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was what I wanted to gain from being hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room for negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yard House (Northridge, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by one of the managers and he made me feel so comfortable. I was not offered the job and would have accepted if asked.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing difficult about the interview. I was asked simple questions and felt like I was talking to a friend.   Answer Question