Yard House Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yard House Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2017

2.4

Hostess Interview

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call within a couple of days. They scheduled an interview with me for the following day. There were six applicants applying for the same position. We each met with the managers for five minutes. One of the mangers was trying very hard to be intimidating by continuously bringing up that this was a competition. It rubbed me the wrong way.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Interview

Interviewed by two different managers on two different occasions. Took less than a week after applying. Very easy interview. I was basically offered the job on the spot. I started working within the same week of interviewing.

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yard House (Northridge, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I interviewed with three different managers, not all at the same time. Managers were very nice and open to any questions about the position. As mentioned, I interviewed with one manager and was later introduced to a second and eventually a third. The final interviewer was the person to make the final decision. The questions were relatively easy.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yard House (Greenville, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

Walked into the restaurant and told the hostesses I was there for an interview. They sat me at a table, brought me water, then I waited for a manager. I spoke with two managers who both asked me questions. It was a pretty laidback interview.

Server Interview

Interview

Fairly relaxed and laid back. It was a one on one interview in the restaurant with the general manager at the time. We talked about my experience and my intentions and drive for working at The Yard House.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in the service industry when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yard House in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got a call about 2 weeks later to go in for an interview. I let with the manager and he asked me questions about what is was to be a hostess, what I'd contribute to the team and how my past work experience would be helpful to the job. At the end of the interview he asked me if I could go in to meet the manager who hired for that position a few days later and I said yes. The manager was super friendly. I came in for the next meeting and the manager was late so the first one came and sat down with me and talked me through the orientation process if I got hired, then another manager asked me to sit down and basically interviewed me too. He was very friendly too. When the manager who would hire me came in he asked me questions about scheduling and hours I wanted to work as if I already got the job, he was harder to read and more serious, he asked me a lot of random questions about me to get a feel of my personality I guess. Then he told he'd call me in the next 2 days to let me know but I really thought I didn't get the job. Later that night the last manager called me and offered me the job.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yard House (Tucson, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Talked to 2 different managers, both were very nice and talkative. We talked about my past job experiences and why I liked working in the restaurant industry. We ended up talking more about my past jobs and studying abroad than my actual work experience. It was a very easy interview and I felt very comfortable. They will ask you to describe/ sell an item to them, so know how to do that

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yard House.

Interview

Asked me about my previous experience. They want to see how well you can describe beer and how well you can sell an item. Overall pretty easy and very friendly interview.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yard House (San Jose, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had a scheduled interview a week after I had applied. Came in 10 minutes earlier than the scheduled interview time. Dressed in all black business casual attire (similar to what I would be wearing if I get hired). Typically a 3 person interview process, but only had to do 2 interviews. I first met with the GM, mainly asking about the longevity of my position at the company. The GM also talked about what the job entailed and the culture of the company. Came in the next day for the 2nd interview to meet with the Front Desk Manager. Began with asking me about myself and why I want to work here, and my availability. He went into further detail about the job description and what the expectations are for the position. After about 10 minutes into the interview, he told me to wait in the booth we were interviewing in and would return. Once he came back, he had a new hire packet and offered me the position. So glad I surpassed the 3rd interview! :)

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yard House.

Interview

Very Easy. I walked in unshaven and in my street clothes intending only to get an application. I sat down with one of the managers who was a cool guy and things went well with the standard questions about my background. We parted ways and i was told that I'd get a call for another interview with some different managers. The next and final interview took place when i happened to walk by the hiring location on my way to the bank and saw the managers, including the one who previously interviewed me, standing in front of the building.They told me to come by on my way back and when i did i talked to two other managers, the last of which hired me to work in the kitchen after originally applying for the host position.