Yard House Line Cook Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yard House Line Cook Interview Questions

2.0

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yard House.

Interview

Very Easy. I walked in unshaven and in my street clothes intending only to get an application. I sat down with one of the managers who was a cool guy and things went well with the standard questions about my background. We parted ways and i was told that I'd get a call for another interview with some different managers. The next and final interview took place when i happened to walk by the hiring location on my way to the bank and saw the managers, including the one who previously interviewed me, standing in front of the building.They told me to come by on my way back and when i did i talked to two other managers, the last of which hired me to work in the kitchen after originally applying for the host position.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yard House

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yard House in December 2010.

Interview

I arrived on-site with an application already filled out. I waited no longer than 10 minutes for an on the spot interview. My first interview was with the regional kitchen manager due to the fact that the executive kitchen manager of the location was off that day. The interview went very well. Everything was clear and concise. Excellent communication of wants and needs from both myself and the interviewer. After about 10 minutes of discussion I was asked to come back the following day for a second interview with the executive kitchen manager of that location.

On day 2, I arrived 10 minutes early so that I could observe the kitchen (its an open kitchen) from the waiting area prior to my follow up interview. The interview began promptly, a beverage was offered this day as was the previous day. A similar exchange took place as the day before. This day there was more emphasis on what I could earn as far as professional advancement within the corporate structure. I was also told that if I proved myself to be worth the money and training, they would make it happen. (Thus far that is an accurate statement). After about 20 minutes I received a job offer and accepted promptly. I began working before weeks end.

Interview Questions