Yard House Server Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yard House Server Interview Questions

Updated Jan 17, 2017

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yard House (Greenville, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

Walked into the restaurant and told the hostesses I was there for an interview. They sat me at a table, brought me water, then I waited for a manager. I spoke with two managers who both asked me questions. It was a pretty laidback interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yard House

Server Interview

Interview

Fairly relaxed and laid back. It was a one on one interview in the restaurant with the general manager at the time. We talked about my experience and my intentions and drive for working at The Yard House.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time in the service industry when you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yard House (Tucson, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Talked to 2 different managers, both were very nice and talkative. We talked about my past job experiences and why I liked working in the restaurant industry. We ended up talking more about my past jobs and studying abroad than my actual work experience. It was a very easy interview and I felt very comfortable. They will ask you to describe/ sell an item to them, so know how to do that

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yard House.

Interview

Asked me about my previous experience. They want to see how well you can describe beer and how well you can sell an item. Overall pretty easy and very friendly interview.

Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yard House (Moorestown, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

The hiring staff was very welcoming and always seemed very happy. From the day I walked into the door to fill out an application I was always greeted with a smiling face and sometimes even a high five! Everyone that worked there seemed to love their job and wanted to share that with everyone else. It was fantastic.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Yard House.

Interview

2 interviews, one with server manager and the other with agm. Interviews happened between 2-4 and there was a small group of people waiting for their interviews as well. Once hired, there were 8 days of training (2 food class and host/expo shadowing and 5 following a server trainer with quizzes on almost all days)

Anonymous Employee in Moorestown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yard House (Moorestown, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

I met with multiple managers, one at a time. They were all very nice and engaging. Most of them asked the same questions, but it was a very thorough interview. The managers stressed fun, and teamwork, and how they are a very approachable staff. It did not take a long time at all for the whole process

Interview Questions

• What is the toughest thing that i've experienced as a previous server   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hallandale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yard House (Hallandale, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and got a call in about a week. They're in hiring mode so there were about 70 other applicants. There were three interviews... I talked to two lower managers, then I came back a couple days later to meet the GM. Definitely not a breezy interview. I was asked to describe a dish from my last job. The GM and I had the same restaurant background, so the description had to be flawless :p Lots of beer knowledge questions.

Overall a really great process, but definitely not easy.

Interview Questions

• Sell me a dish from your last job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yard House (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

First I applied online by filing out an electronic application from Darden. I got an email a few days later saying that I would be scheduled for an interview. I called and set up a time and I went to a location downtown that was strictly set up for the new restaurant's recruiting process. I first interviewed with the server manager. He asked me about my past experience as a server. He asked me how I would describe one of our signature dishes to the customers. After about a 10 minute chat, he asked me if I had time to stick around and talk to the general manager. I waited and talked to the manager and I was pretty nervous. I thought I had bombed the interview, but after he gave me the "We'll call you talk" I told him that that's not now I wanted it to go and then he asked, well, why should we hire you? I think he respected the fact that I was able to see my weaknesses and own up to it. He gave me the job!

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yard House (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

They say they need 2 interviews to be considered for the position. Went in for open interview during the day, sat down with one of the managers and talked for a couple minutes of my previous serving experience. Then he explained the '2 interview' rule, and asked if I could wait a bit longer and get my second interview done immediately. I waited, and then the store GM sat down and talked with me a bit asking me some more questions about why I should deserve the open position.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any previous experience training others at your last restaurant?   1 Answer