Yardi Systems Associate Technical Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yardi Systems Associate Technical Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was long. but nice still waiting to hear back from them. Very nice people. The company has a good rep. If you know about computer and like human interaction. This is the right job for you

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yardi Systems

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, face to face with director, assessment exam, final interview with 2 members of the team. Offer after background check and references confirmed about a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Received counter offer 2 hours later and accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Roswell, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Received an email from HR, applied online, invited to an open house a week later where I was interviewed by two groups of two team leads, then invited back for another interview a week later and was interviewed by three more groups of two team leads.

I sent a thank you and follow up email about a week later and was told they were still reviewing all applicants. After 5 weeks from the initial email from HR I followed up and was informed they went with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Yardi?
      How do you think your degree will help you in this position?
      Do you have any experience in the various realms of property management?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Somewhat lengthy and bureaucratic process - Phone interview with recruiter, 90 minute meeting with a variety of team leaders, onerous 10 page application with "Why do you want to work here?" essay, and testing. Process takes about a month.

Recruiter was very professional. Seems to be a growing operation. Good benefit package.

In person interview process a bit awkward - you get asked similar questions by 4-5 different mangers. Other than the vague "culture fit", one manager seemed to want a cheery customer service oriented person, another was very hard to read, still another seemed to value someone with the initiative to learn software processes.

Office environment seems a bit sterile. Underlings work quietly in their cubes - managers are separated into their glass walled offices.

Found the test requirement to be irritating. Have a college degree? -- It doesn't matter -- they still want you to solve logic problems (described as "Math" problems).

Writing out responses to customer service scenarios was awkward. Evaluating personal communication skills should be more nuanced.

Seem to be unsure of what they want -- Will ask about accounting knowledge, technical abilities, and SQL database abilities, - - but also had several managers quickly dismiss its relative importance.

Will ask about handling common customer service scenarios the most. The job seems to be about handling your email and voice mail queue with efficiency and a cheerful attitude. Lack of accounting or technical ability is something they will work with.

Why not just call the job customer service representative ?

Interview Questions

• Most common questions are about handling common customer service scenarios.
      How would you turn down a client request ?
      Describe a situation where you received poor customer service.
      A difficult client has become upset with you. Describe how you would improve the relationship.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Went to the local school job fair and received an invite to an informational interview. The informational interview had about 30 candidates and all of the hiring managers (around 20?). Had 2 quick interviews with 2 separate managers. A week later I was called for another interview and test.
    The second interview comprised of two different interviews. The first one had a panel of 5/6 team leaders and managers, and the second interview was with a group of 4 other managers. Took the exam afterward (finished in an hour). Received a call a few days later that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about what sets you apart from the other candidates.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a difficult experience with a client and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yardi Systems.

Interview

Several rounds. Some testing. Met with managers on more than one interview. Talked about my past work experience and my education. Very polite. Took a written examination that also had multiple choice.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Internal referral by friend. Was contacted weeks later. Brief phone interview and an interview was scheduled for the next day. Day after interview, I received a phone call for the second interview. Three groups of interviewers on second interview. Took about two hours. Everyone was very pleasant and friendly. Got good vibes from all leads.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were mostly about my previous work experience, my personality, etc. Customer service questions mostly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Got a phone call from the HR Generalist who was pleasant and set up a mutual convenient time to talk about the position. After the initial call I was invited to an on site interview. Upon arrival I was given an assessment that was made up of accounting, SQL, real estate, and math questions. It was not terribly difficult given that I was not well versed in SQL and real estate. After that I was directed by the admin to wait for my 2 interviewers in a board room. They were late but nice and asked softball questions. It was basically an in person HR screen. 3 business days later I was invited for a second interview with 3 sets of team leaders. I was very professional and answered all questions succinctly. This took roughly an hour and a half and afterwards I asked the admins for each of their email addresses to thank them for their time. Long story short I never heard from them again until I emailed the generalist a month later to see what happened. I didn't get an offer and strangely enough after I sent the email THEN i get a written notice in physical mail notifying me I didn't get the job which I thought was extremely late and unnecessary.

Associate Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems.

Interview

I had a brief phone screening followed by an in person interview which consisted mostly of assessments. Lastly, there were in person interviews with different managers.I noticed that that the company had absolutely no diversity in their management. I had to interview with about 4 managers for the last interview and like I said, NO DIVERSITY. SO it is no coincidence they did not call me back. I think they are racist.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the worst customer service experience you've had.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Roswell, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was very lengthy.
    Took a test to see where u are.
    Interviewed by 2 people
    Received a call within 2 days for second interview.
    Interviewed by a 6 team leads in pairs