Yardi Systems Associate Technical Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yardi Systems Associate Technical Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2017

3.2

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yardi Systems.

Interview

Got call from recruiter to set-up interview. Interview lasted an hour took assessment test then invited for second interview. Met with some of the managers and interviewed with them for two hours.

The office seemed very stale to me. No enthusaim or energy. As I learned more about the role, it seemed liked it was just a customer service rep role with a fancy title. Majority of the work seems like answering calls or emails.

They are looking for someone who has a cultural fit rather than skills/experience. If you're a CPA or someone with an IT background (like me) than this isn't the role for you. I declined as it wasn't for my IT background. Process took about a month but overall I had a positive experience and think it's a great company!

Interview Questions

• One thing I should know about you?

Why do you know about Yardi?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yardi Systems

Anonymous Employee in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Roswell, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

-Employee referral, sent resume to HR
    -Received email about career fair approx. one-two days later
    -Arrived, many other candidates, took an assessment test that involved property, accounting and general computer questions, went home
    -Had one in-person interview after, then had to do the online application while I was there, went home
    -Heard back by phone couple days later for next round of interviews
    -Showed up and had lunch with employees, another assessment with intro course first to test how comfortable you can be on the spot, then had to have three in-person interviews back to back after, went home
    -Heard back by phone couple days later for another in-person interview
    -Arrived and had three back to back (played Drake's back to back song on the way there) in-person interviews, went home
    -Heard back by phone one last time with an offer, accepted. Found out that my coworker and myself were the only two out of 50 candidates to get hired...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Goleta, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied on website, received a phone call from HR, invited to a group Information/Interview session with luncheon (about 25 candidates) where I had two 15-20 minute interview with a hiring manager, invited back to take a two hour test, then returned for four 30 minute interviews each with 2-3 managers, invited to submitted info for background check, and now waiting for a status update/offer. Seems like a long process, but very efficient and thorough. Very nice, friendly people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

The 1st interview had us take a short written assessment which measured technical skills and accounting skills. Then I met with an HR person and then with a manager. The second interview started with a group. We met with a team of two managers, a team of three managers, and also participated in a short training of the system

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was long. but nice still waiting to hear back from them. Very nice people. The company has a good rep. If you know about computer and like human interaction. This is the right job for you

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Dallas, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, face to face with director, assessment exam, final interview with 2 members of the team. Offer after background check and references confirmed about a week later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Received counter offer 2 hours later and accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Roswell, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Received an email from HR, applied online, invited to an open house a week later where I was interviewed by two groups of two team leads, then invited back for another interview a week later and was interviewed by three more groups of two team leads.

I sent a thank you and follow up email about a week later and was told they were still reviewing all applicants. After 5 weeks from the initial email from HR I followed up and was informed they went with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Yardi?
      How do you think your degree will help you in this position?
      Do you have any experience in the various realms of property management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Somewhat lengthy and bureaucratic process - Phone interview with recruiter, 90 minute meeting with a variety of team leaders, onerous 10 page application with "Why do you want to work here?" essay, and testing. Process takes about a month.

Recruiter was very professional. Seems to be a growing operation. Good benefit package.

In person interview process a bit awkward - you get asked similar questions by 4-5 different mangers. Other than the vague "culture fit", one manager seemed to want a cheery customer service oriented person, another was very hard to read, still another seemed to value someone with the initiative to learn software processes.

Office environment seems a bit sterile. Underlings work quietly in their cubes - managers are separated into their glass walled offices.

Found the test requirement to be irritating. Have a college degree? -- It doesn't matter -- they still want you to solve logic problems (described as "Math" problems).

Writing out responses to customer service scenarios was awkward. Evaluating personal communication skills should be more nuanced.

Seem to be unsure of what they want -- Will ask about accounting knowledge, technical abilities, and SQL database abilities, - - but also had several managers quickly dismiss its relative importance.

Will ask about handling common customer service scenarios the most. The job seems to be about handling your email and voice mail queue with efficiency and a cheerful attitude. Lack of accounting or technical ability is something they will work with.

Why not just call the job customer service representative ?

Interview Questions

• Most common questions are about handling common customer service scenarios.
      How would you turn down a client request ?
      Describe a situation where you received poor customer service.
      A difficult client has become upset with you. Describe how you would improve the relationship.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Went to the local school job fair and received an invite to an informational interview. The informational interview had about 30 candidates and all of the hiring managers (around 20?). Had 2 quick interviews with 2 separate managers. A week later I was called for another interview and test.
    The second interview comprised of two different interviews. The first one had a panel of 5/6 team leaders and managers, and the second interview was with a group of 4 other managers. Took the exam afterward (finished in an hour). Received a call a few days later that I got the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about what sets you apart from the other candidates.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a difficult experience with a client and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Associate Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yardi Systems.

Interview

Several rounds. Some testing. Met with managers on more than one interview. Talked about my past work experience and my education. Very polite. Took a written examination that also had multiple choice.