Yardi Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.9

121 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Goleta, CA) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online in late October 2017 and got a call from a recruiting manager in November 2017 about coming in for an evaluation. The evaluation had questions about Accounting, SQL, and IT. Took about 2 hours. A few days later I was called back to schedule an in-person interview. I was told that the interview would be with 1-3 managers from several different departments.

Database Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Goleta, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

One phone interview with an HR recruiter and was asked the usual questions about background and experience. I guess I did well enough and was set up for an in-person interview for the following week. Met with members of the DB team and they were very nice and asked some great questions to test my knowledge and experience. I readily admitted that I hadn't really done much with SQL Server since an internship 4 years earlier. Was told I'd hear some news by the end of the week, but had to follow up with HR rep on Monday afternoon and found out I wasn't chosen. Overall, I found the process helpful and I knew that I was lacking the level of experience they were most likely looking for, but I appreciated the chance to try.

Interview Questions

• What has been a difficult work experience that you had to overcome to complete a project?   Answer Question

Software Development Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Oxnard, CA) in October 2017.

Interview

I first received a phone interview asking me basic questions (career goals, describe yourself, tell me about your resume, etc). Very standard and straightforward.

After that I was offered to into one of the offices to describe the details in my resume in better detail as well as have a technical interview. Questions revolved around Java and SQL mostly. The office was very nice and the people were kind as well. A very welcoming environment from what it seemed.

Interview Questions

• What are Inner / Outer Joins in SQL? How are they different?   1 Answer

Leasing Agent/Customer Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Boston, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

The recruiter I initially had correspondence with over the phone was great. She was nice, informative, and attentive. I was invited for an in person interview after that conversation and was optimistic about the endeavor. However, my actual interview was awful. The interviewer was rude, uninterested, and I'm not even sure that she knew my name. I have more than enough experience for the position and gave strong answers to all of the same, tired questions she asked. But I never received much a response from her. By the end of the awful experience I was more than ready to go. She didn't even have the decency to call personally but I was sent a letter that they would not be extending an offer (not that I was surprised). Yardi seems like a good company to work for. But I honestly would have had better luck if I'd interviewed with a brick wall.

Transaction Processing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Santa Barbara, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR. Simple.. they asked me to walk them through my resume. Two weeks later they had emailed me saying they would like to schedule an in person interview. Was interviewed by two of the managers. Very friendly and definitely made my interview feel a lot less stressful. They said they would get back in touch with me. This was about 3 days ago. I saw they jusr reposted the job in Craigslist. Which I'm assuming they are no longer interested in me. Which is too bad because I could have seen myself working for Yardi for a very long time. Still highly recommend. I did a lot of research on Yardi and it would be a great company to work for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Goleta, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied on website, received a phone call from HR, invited to a group Information/Interview session with luncheon (about 25 candidates) where I had two 15-20 minute interview with a hiring manager, invited back to take a two hour test, then returned for four 30 minute interviews each with 2-3 managers, invited to submitted info for background check, and now waiting for a status update/offer. Seems like a long process, but very efficient and thorough. Very nice, friendly people.

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Santa Barbara, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone call interview with recruiter first. Once they think that you are qualified then they set you up with an interview at the company to meet multiple departments that you would be affiliated with. After you meed everyone there is a 60min test at the end that assesses your skills.

Interview Questions

• Give us an example of something that was broken, and how did you fix it?   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied to Yardi Systems through their website, and a recruiter contacted me via email to set up an interview about 2 weeks after. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. The recruiter gave an in-depth overview of the company and the position. She then proceeded to ask me to walk her through my resume, work experience, and asked me a few basic interview questions.

Update: My interviewer said they would get back to me. 3 weeks later, I saw the Marketing Assistant position had been reposted on Glassdoor, then received an automated email about a week after that saying that the position had been closed.

Interview Questions

• What would you say are three of your greatest strengths?   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Atlanta, GA) in May 2017.

Interview

3 interviews- One with HR and the rest with the other leads and managers broken up into 2 more interviews. You also have to do a skills test. The test is mostly IT and basic accounting questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

The 1st interview had us take a short written assessment which measured technical skills and accounting skills. Then I met with an HR person and then with a manager. The second interview started with a group. We met with a team of two managers, a team of three managers, and also participated in a short training of the system