Yardi Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

2.8

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Santa Barbara, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied to Yardi Systems through their website, and a recruiter contacted me via email to set up an interview about 2 weeks after. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes. The recruiter gave an in-depth overview of the company and the position. She then proceeded to ask me to walk her through my resume, work experience, and asked me a few basic interview questions.

Update: My interviewer said they would get back to me. 3 weeks later, I saw the Marketing Assistant position had been reposted on Glassdoor, then received an automated email about a week after that saying that the position had been closed.

Interview Questions

• What would you say are three of your greatest strengths?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

The 1st interview had us take a short written assessment which measured technical skills and accounting skills. Then I met with an HR person and then with a manager. The second interview started with a group. We met with a team of two managers, a team of three managers, and also participated in a short training of the system

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Started off by applying on front end of website, got a call from HR a few days later. He screened me and then set up a phone interview with the manager in Salt Lake City. I interviewed in-person the following week. I talked with the team and took an hour long test to assess knowledge related to the job. Managers stressed that the test was to assess training needs rather than deciding a hiring decision.

The managers were up front that this position has no career path and the most they could offer long-term were lateral moves. After I expressed concern, they said their only hesitation with my candidacy was that I would ultimately get bored. It was a valid point-- they defined the role in customer service terms, it as highly service-oriented and client-facing over phone and email. I desire a more technical role, and this obviously wasn't that.

I was a great candidate and had fantastic rapport with the interviewers, so I believe that my ultimate lack of an offer stemmed from my honesty about my concerns about the position's potential. Unfortunately, Yardi didn't want to have this difficult conversation and simply never got back to me or answered my follow up.

Advice to Yardi hiring managers: let applicants know when you decide they aren't a good fit. It is a rude reality that many employers, Yardi included, simply ghost candidates after an interview. If someone takes the time to speak and test with you, they deserve an up front yes/no. I followed up 2 weeks after my interview, and have still heard nothing 5 weeks later. I accepted an offer at another company, but I wouldn't apply to Yardi again after this experience.

Interview Questions

• basic accounting questions, logic questions, your approach to working with teams, etc.   Answer Question

Public Records Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Waltham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

A woman from HR called me and set up a phone interview. After a couple days I set up an in person interview. The whole process took a few weeks. No one could answer me on what the pay was for the job which was odd. I had to contact them to find out I wasn't considered for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was long. but nice still waiting to hear back from them. Very nice people. The company has a good rep. If you know about computer and like human interaction. This is the right job for you

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yardi Systems.

Interview

Submitted resume, and got a response pretty quickly. Had a preliminary phone interview. The interview was pleasant, and it seemed like it went well - said that I would be hearing back in a couple days, then never heard back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roswell, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Roswell, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Received an email from HR, applied online, invited to an open house a week later where I was interviewed by two groups of two team leads, then invited back for another interview a week later and was interviewed by three more groups of two team leads.

I sent a thank you and follow up email about a week later and was told they were still reviewing all applicants. After 5 weeks from the initial email from HR I followed up and was informed they went with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Yardi?
      How do you think your degree will help you in this position?
      Do you have any experience in the various realms of property management?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Somewhat lengthy and bureaucratic process - Phone interview with recruiter, 90 minute meeting with a variety of team leaders, onerous 10 page application with "Why do you want to work here?" essay, and testing. Process takes about a month.

Recruiter was very professional. Seems to be a growing operation. Good benefit package.

In person interview process a bit awkward - you get asked similar questions by 4-5 different mangers. Other than the vague "culture fit", one manager seemed to want a cheery customer service oriented person, another was very hard to read, still another seemed to value someone with the initiative to learn software processes.

Office environment seems a bit sterile. Underlings work quietly in their cubes - managers are separated into their glass walled offices.

Found the test requirement to be irritating. Have a college degree? -- It doesn't matter -- they still want you to solve logic problems (described as "Math" problems).

Writing out responses to customer service scenarios was awkward. Evaluating personal communication skills should be more nuanced.

Seem to be unsure of what they want -- Will ask about accounting knowledge, technical abilities, and SQL database abilities, - - but also had several managers quickly dismiss its relative importance.

Will ask about handling common customer service scenarios the most. The job seems to be about handling your email and voice mail queue with efficiency and a cheerful attitude. Lack of accounting or technical ability is something they will work with.

Why not just call the job customer service representative ?

Interview Questions

• Most common questions are about handling common customer service scenarios.
      How would you turn down a client request ?
      Describe a situation where you received poor customer service.
      A difficult client has become upset with you. Describe how you would improve the relationship.
      Answer Question

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goleta, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Goleta, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview took around four hours to complete. I talked to several managers about my past experience and also projects on my resume. There was also some whiteboard coding questions that were not terribly difficult, just tested your ability to think on the spot. One manager asked most of the technical questions and the questions are meant to test you understanding of fundamentals: data structures, time complexities, some operating systems concepts, and databases.

I had to follow up a couple times to get a response about their decision. It took about two weeks to hear back from them. I did not get an offer due to lack of preparation.

Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yardi Systems in April 2016.

Interview

This is a multi-day interview process consisting of an "career day" and then followed by a massive "interview day", in which they request a three hour dedication of your time. The career day is just a high level interview day, followed a week later with a day of semi-serious interviews. They're quicker to write you off then to hire you, especially if you're qualified or even over qualified for the job. The trait of any good tech support professional is to be very adept in learning new skills. Then there's the pay, it was so far under fair for an experienced professional. Actually, they won't even tell you what the position pay rate is, all you can do is say a number and they answer you with "that's higher than what the position is paying". If you're an experienced professional, this company might not be the place for you.

Interview Questions

• I'm concerned than you're too technical in hardware. (It is a SaaS offering company)   1 Answer