Yardi Systems Technical Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yardi Systems Technical Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2017

2.9

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yardi Systems.

Interview

First I had a phone interview with the recruiter. Next I had an interview meeting with the general manager and director. Finally, I had an interview meeting with the team I would potential he be working with in a panel interview discussion.

Interview Questions

• Describe a conflict with a coworker and/or client and how you overcame it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yardi Systems

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Dallas, TX).

Interview

A series of short interviews all conducted on the same day. There were typically one or two interviewers in each session. They asked the type of questions you would expect for the role. There was a technical assessment, some logic questions, and a scavenger hunt on their application after a short demo.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yardi Systems.

Interview

The process was stressful. I met with 5 teams during one interview, which I wasn't notified of beforehand. I wish the teams provided examples of their product instead the interview was about personality, and the team I liked works on the driest product.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Santa Barbara, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

First they had a phone interview. Took evaluation, had at least one on site interview. They asked questions that were not about software, like questions about property management and accounting. They did not ask about any advanced software tools, only MySQL. The only difficult part of the interview is how they space out interviews over many days, because if this is not your first choice for employment you will want to schedule other interviews during this time.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about my experience, no technical questions   Answer Question

They don't talk about a lot of technical stuff, seems more like a career path for someone who is more interested in business/accounting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Santa Barbara, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was great. Met with 2 Managers. However, my interaction with the internal recuiter was horrible. After multiple discussions with the recruiter, I decided this was not a place I would want to work.

Interview Questions

• Explain the last time someone came to you for support?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Santa Barbara, CA).

Interview

Really long. You get contacted by email. They you intwrview. If you pass that you go to take a personality test that also has problem solving and accounting. There are SQL questions on it also. Then if you pass that you go back for a interview with multiple departments. I interviewed for hours and four different groups with three people in each group.

Interview Questions

• There is a test you take if you make it past the first interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yardi Systems (Santa Barbara, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

The process started at my college career fair, where I interviewed twice. Next, I attended an on site career fair in the SB office, then an hour long phone screen with a member from HR. This call was about my SQL skills, accounting experience, availability and desired salary. We scheduled the written exam, which was conducted at the SB office and consisted of 3 sections: one on SQL, accounting, and IT skills. I came in again about a week later for a panel interview with leads from 4 different CSD departments.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer building relationships with clients and longer projects or do you find satisfaction in solving a problem quickly to move on to another?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wrote down my desired annual salary on my application and Yardi accepted.

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yardi Systems.

Interview

I was contacted by a hiring manager to set up an interview. I was sent an application to fill out prior to my interview. I interviewed with three of the top-level employees at the same time. I was prompted to take an assessment before the interview began. I was called back for a second interview where I interviewed with three more individuals at the same time and then one other about 30 minutes after concluding the meeting with the first three.

Interview Questions

• What did I take away the most from studying Psychology in undergrad?   Answer Question

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yardi Systems.

Interview

Phone interview then two in person interview with the main office manager and team leads.

Interview Questions

• Interview was very easy, nothing difficult but they do give a 90 min written exam.   1 Answer

Technical Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yardi Systems in February 2013.

Interview

Initially received phone call from corporate HQ after applying online. The HR individual that called sound nice and friendly over the phone. She asked a few basic questions and that said she would follow-up with hiring manager. A couple of days later she called back and invited me to an interview. After receiving her initial email detailing the structure of the interview I noticed the process is 1.5 hours and since I'm currently working, had to re-schedule for a better time. Needless to say, they worked with me and accommodated my interview time/dates.

I did a brief research on the company's website and this site to get a good idea on what to expect. Long story short, I went to the interview and was greeted by the team lead of the department and another Technical Account Manager. The team lead lady lacked personality and didn't even shake my hand and offered little to no small talk. It was kind of awkward. The other Technical account manager that sat in on the interview wasn't better. The team lead person had me watch a 15mins presentation about their company and about their software and told me to take notes. I felt as if I was in school instead of an interview. After their quick presentation, they gave me a pop-quiz about what was discussed in the presentation which was mostly maneuvering in their software. I believe I got 7 out of 10 correct based solely on notes and memory because I've never been exposed to their software before. I was never given feedback at the test at the end of the interview. After that pop-quiz she proceeds to give me a second test based on their software as well. I've interviewed for many software companies and this is the first time they test you over something you've never worked before, the information on the test wasn't over my past experiences or past education super weird.

Next, the team lead tells me that she along with the other co-worker will ask some questions from my resume. She began to ask some regular interview questions and I explained my experiences and background. Her description of the position sound more like a customer service position vs. an IT Technical position which is what they posted. I then ask a few questions of my own, and learned that the two positions they are hiring for are replacement positions, which is always a red flag in my book, could potentially mean high turnover. I'm won't hold my breath for a second interview. I didn't get a good impression based on these two individuals. On a positive note, the benefits and the location is good for me.

Interview Questions

• The person that interviewed me gave me two tests based on a 15mins presentation of their software.   Answer Question