Year Up Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 19, 2017

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Year Up (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

About 2 weeks after initial application, HR representative scheduled a 30min phone interview, where she described the role and organization briefly. She then asked me some basic questions about my past roles and experience, and why I wanted to work with Year Up. It was a wonderful conversation, and at the end she did ask about desired salary range.
    Next, was invited to do an in-person interview with Sr. Director of Program. Was a great conversation, and she asked many scenario questions: "If you see that a particular group of students are firing themselves from program, what kinds of interventions might you put into place?". A few days later, I was invited for a final interview with the Associate Director of Program, and Associate Director of Student Services. They asked many scenario questions as well, and throughout the whole process were open to me asking questions.
    That interview happened on a Friday, and about a week later received the offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you would handle managing up to other staff to make sure they are fulfilling their coaching obligations?   Answer Question

Recruitment Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Year Up.

Interview

Submitted application for role on Aug 4. One month and a half later, I get a one sentence email inviting me to a phone interview to take place the next day. Lack of professional courtesy turned me off from org despite its mission.

Interview Questions

• What have you been doing since your last period of employment?
      Explain your resume.   Answer Question

Content Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

After being contacted by the recruiter to schedule a phone interview, I responded and gave him some times. Then, I never heard from him again until I received a form email saying they decided to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• He asked me for some available times to talk on the phone. That's as far as the "interview" went.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Year Up (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone interview followed by in person. The in person was a panned, which could be a little intimidating. They asked a lot of really thoughtful youth development questions that gave me confidence in their programs. However, when I was offered the job, I was expected to take the job right then and there on the phone. When I asked if I could see an offer letter and have a day or two to decide, I was told they don't do that. I was really excited about the opportunity, but the phone call offering me the job made me feel uneasy enough that I decided to go with another offer.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Year Up.

Interview

It was wonderful I really liked it . I got a call back a couple weeks later and decided to go for the interview. The interview was pleasant and not too difficult. Two weeks after, I got an offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Year Up (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Was called the day before and asked to prepare a lesson plan for the 3rd interview. This interview was in another state and would take an hour to get there. Was not told about parking or even who I would be teaching. I get there and pay 20 dollars to park only for the staff to be rude and unprofessional. The two students I met where great.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Year Up (Phila, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very lengthy, expect at least four interviews over several weeks. Some people respond and act quickly to get you through the various interview processes, some are slower. I had a phone interviews, personality profile to complete, and two in person interviews.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Year Up (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I felt like I was dismissed rather quickly because of my age. It was evident within the first few minutes that my interviewer didn't feel I had the experience necessary.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Year Up (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online mid-February and was interviewed by phone at the end of March. Didn't click very well with interviewer, but interview was a pretty standard phone screen. Sent two follow-up e-mails until I was notified that someone else had been hired. HR department seems very disorganized and it's disappointing that an organization that does such good work is so inconsiderate to potential employees.

Interview Candidate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Year Up (Baltimore, MD) in March 2017.

Interview

Email received to schedule & confirm the interview date. We had a Telephone interview.
    The Interviewer was from a corporate office, not the local office in Baltimore, MD, however she was very courteous and demonstrated excellent customer service skills.

Interview Questions

• What is your background in workforce development?   1 Answer