Yelp Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 11, 2018

2.9

885 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

The first part of the interview was pretty standard, showed us around the office and some videos. But the person i interviewed with seemed to have no interest in the interview. Was not taking notes, was drinking coffee and not caring about what i was saying.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

During my interview the person I interviewed with was not completely paying attention. While at the same time not taking any notes during my interview. He seemed to be uninterested in my interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

The hiring and interview process are very relaxed in comparison with most cold calling customer service positions. The interview is usually group based, as in you are interviewed by a series of managers (some all at once or they may come in at different times leaving you in a room with your thoughts for a few moments). If you are not in the city in which you are applying for the position you may have a video interview which is usually conducted in the same way.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

First interview phone interview then Skype interview
    The phone interview is getting to know you better and the Skype is more technical and asks you to pitch
    The Glassdoor interviews are very accurate

Interview Questions

• What are reasons why a business would not purchase Yelp Ads   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Phone interview, Skype/In-person interview, offer. The process was very simple and easy. Could tell they wanted to offer everyone they interviewed.
    Hiring process was simple. Two interviews and an offer pretty simple. Recruiter was very nice during the process, but once I signed on to start working at Yelp I was like a ghost to her.

Interview Questions

• Would you be okay with making 60-80 cold calls per day?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very streamlined. The recruiting team constantly updated me on the process. They really do undersell Yelp to you, as they want you to stay with the company long term. They really did stress that the job is hard.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

The first phone interview was very casual. I was asked very simple and generic questions. A lot of the questions were very broad. I think it was mainly to try and get what kind of person I was. and what my character consisted of.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rejection?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

There was a first round phone screening and then an in-person hour long interview that took place in the Yelp NY office. The phone screen was pretty simple - it basically asked mostly about the role, and about information on the links that they sent over prior.

Interview Questions

• What were the key takeaways from the links we sent you?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Started with a phone interview and it was very relaxed. I really enjoyed the person I talked to on the phone because the conversation went smoothly! I was expecting to meet with this person, but did not. The in-person interview started off as a group interview with 2 others and we watched a video explaining the job position. The recruiter would pause the video at times and asked our opinions. We then split up into one-on-one interviews. We talked one-on-one for about 30-45 minutes. It was not a natural conversation, but more of myself being nailed with questions and the interviewer being non-responsive. Some of the questions seemed a little repetitive, too. I had some questions for the interviewer that I could not get to. The interviewer then walked out of the conference room before I left, almost as though they seemed in a rush.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

The phone interview was quick and easy enough, the interviewer was very nice and actually acted interested in my answers to his question. Does a good job of making sure you understand what the job is.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing not on your resume that you are proud of?   Answer Question