Yelp Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.9

830 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

My resume was submitted by someone who already works there. I received an email to set up a phone interview, and then after that I had a Skype interview (because it was an out of state position). For the Skype interview I talked to two people; the second person was the sales manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The first interview is 15 min phone call with a Sales manager, if this goes well a second interview is scheduled. The second interview is an onsite interview and role play with another sales manager

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what are the main challenges of the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

Streamlined process. Started with phone screening from recruiter, then a call with a sales manager. After that, one in person with 2 managers followed by an online presentation going over the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had a brief phone interview just asking about background information. Came in a few days later for an hour long interview. It consisted of a group tour, watching a few videos on the account executive role, and then a one-on-one interview to finish up. This included more questions about my background, a few quick role plays, and a chance for me to ask questions. I received the job offer but did not accept after finding a better fit at a different company. (Also, the reviews for this position were veeery consistently bad, and I didn't want to be a part of that)

Interview Questions

• Role play where I had to tell someone who has never heard of Yelp about what they do and how ads on yelp could help their business. Not bad at all... interviewer gave me feedback, I had a chance to do it again.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

Finished phone interview. Standard sales questions and background on resume. The initial phone conversation was about 15-30 minutes of smooth sailing. Haven't gone in for an on sight interview yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Horrible. Interviewer was unprofessional did not listen to my answers and constantly felt rushed. Also they make you
    Start out in a group interview and then it breaks away into individual interviews with people that would potentially be your boss.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how would you convince a business owner to claim their business.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

Interview

The interview wasn't bad, the only thing that caught me off guard was "What can you tell me about yourself that isn't on your resume?" but other than that, the interviewer was very kind and explained the position very well then asked me quesitons about what she just said

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial call with sales recruiter to go over experience and make sure I aligned with the role. Call was 15 minutes. Then second call about an hour with the hiring manager to answer more questions and ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Am I open to a high volume cold-calling role (65 calls per day)?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp in July 2017.

Interview

Between emailing and setting up a phone interview, the whole process took about a week. It was comprised of a quick 15 minute phone interview. It was relatively easy. Was asked basic questions pertaining to the job. Overall, was a good experience and wasn't to stressful or overwhelming.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself and What else that isn't on your resume that has helped you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the careers page after being told by a friend that they were looking to take on college grads. I immediately received an email telling me how interested they were in interviewing with me and to select a time to speak on the phone. I selected my time slot only to have been given the wrong date and have the interviewer "call" (I didn't receive a call or voicemail) at the wrong time. After rescheduling I spoke on the phone with someone for 15 minutes or so which seemed very rushed but was told through another email afterwards that I was able to schedule an in person interview. The application to phone interview process took about two weeks. I then had to wait an entire month to have my in person interview. I met with the person who initially emailed me back about the role and was given a tour. We went on to watch videos and have a discussion about the role and product. I was initially supposed to have a group interview but it ended up just being me. I had a positive experience with the person from the tour but that was quickly diminished when I had my "real" interview with one of the account managers. Before even getting to the interview he knew he was not interested in hiring me based on reading my resume. After making a big deal about my name pronunciation for two minutes we began the interview. He started off the interview in a very condescending tone going through my resume. When he began asking the official questions he questioned every answer I gave to him as if I had stupid answers even though I gave explanations to every answer I gave prior to him asking "Really, is that what you think will be the most challenging?" "So you would do this?" "Idk, if you think that's ... Blah blah" . However, towards the end of the interview and role-playing I felt like we had gotten back on track because he had lightened up and became less offensive. Overall he was very unprofessional and I have no idea why he is responsible for doing interviews. I get that Yelp has a casual vibe but trying to have a debate about everything and nitpicking at answers because it's not the answer that you would have gone with is just weird. If you're not interested simply take the answer and get over with the interview. The process with him was supposed to take 30 minutes but it took 45.

Interview Questions

• A plethora of questions that I'm sure he had not asked others. +Role-playing about meeting a friend on the train who has launched a business and needs advertising.   Answer Question