Yelp Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 9, 2017

2.9

865 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

The phone interview was quick and easy enough, the interviewer was very nice and actually acted interested in my answers to his question. Does a good job of making sure you understand what the job is.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing not on your resume that you are proud of?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

There were three different interviews; phone, Skype and in person. The first interview was about 15 - 20 minutes long. The second interview was through Skype and took longer.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

I applied through my college's career website and received an email with phone interview times the next day. The first interview is only 15 minutes. There are a total of 3 interviews, and none of them exceeded 20 minutes. Efficient process.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone interview, 2nd phone interview, in person interview with 2 sales managers who ask you questions about motivation and then we did a role play situation, where they give feedback that they would like you to implement.

Interview Questions

• What is an obstacle that you have overcome in your last position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was a bit unorganized but not overall horrible. There were three interviews all together and the process took about 3 weeks. It started off with a quick 15 minute phone screening with a recruiter just getting to know you, your past experience and why you want to work at Yelp. Then after this there is a Skype video interview. My recruiter accidentally signed me up for the interview the same day as my phone screening just a few hours later. I spent all day preparing and attempting to get as much information as I could just to have another recruiter call me 30 minutes before my video interview to tell me they messed up and should not have scheduled me on the same day. They then rescheduled my next interview a few weeks later. The recruiter told me he would send me an email with information to prepare and a link for the Video call but I never received an email. The day of my interview I had to call the recruiter and ask for information and the video link since they messed up, again.
    Moving on to the video call, the first 30 minutes was a group conference with two other interviewees and an interviewer. She tells you some information about the job and then takes you through some videos showing what the job will be like. Pay attention because this basically is what you will be doing the next 30 minutes of the interview. After they go through the videos and you ask questions, it breaks off into a one on one video interview with a sales manager. She asks you a few behavioral questions then gives you a case scenario where she pretends to be a specific customer and you have to sell Yelp to her. After this she will critique you, ask what you think you could have done better, give you some pointers, and then ask you to do it over again.
    A few days after the video interview was a quick 15 minute follow up phone call from the recruiter who will ask you a to go over the video phone call, what you learned, what specific critiques you got etc. Then they will ask how you feel about Yelp, if you’re interviewing anywhere else, and if you still feel like this is a job you really want. Yelp is huge on underselling their business. They are going to tell you how it is, and it does come off like they are trying to shy you away from the job, but they just want to make sure you fully understand and want a cold calling position.

Interview Questions

• You are at a neighborhood barbecue talking to a family friend. How would you explain Yelp to them, what you do, and how it could help their local pool cleaning business?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Sent in a resume from a college job fair, then a phone interview, then a group Skype interview (it was our recruiter, along with two other people interviewing for the position), followed by a 30 minute phone call.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

It was a Skype interview. You first start in a group interview that shows you what an average day is like. Then a one-on-one interview where they have you role play the position.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Started out with a few phone calls, one Skype interview and then another few phone calls after that. They're usually pretty good about responding to emails and respond within a few days after each interview.

Interview Questions

• Role playing. Explain the benefits of Yelp and what it is to a stranger on the subway   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yelp (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

First interview was through the phone, with very basic questions and some information about the job. The second was on Skype where they described what the job was like every day. Then I had a new skype call with a hiring manager that lasted about 20 minutes

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yelp in October 2017.

Interview

A recruiter emailed me asking me to set up a phone interview. Very simple questions about myself for 10 minutes. Once I passed the phone interview, she offered me a skype interview, which we set up for later that week. there were two other interviewees for the first 30 mins of the skype interview. We just went over what yelp was and what our phone calls would be like. the 2nd part was one on one with a sales manager. She asked normal interview questions and then did the role playing question that lots of reviewers have mentioned. I did it once, then she gave me some critiques, and we did it again. they called me a few days later and offered me the position. My advice is: during the one-on-one interview show some personality! Have fun with the role play, goof around a bit, that's what I did.

Interview Questions

• We're friends at a BBQ, explain yelp to me.   1 Answer