Yelp Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Yelp

1,043 Interview Reviews

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Phone interview, in person interview, final phone interview. Initial phone interview was very simple and quick, asked a few general questions and told me about the position. Made it very clear that this was a cold calling job. Scheduled in person interview at the end of the phone call. In person interview was in a group setting at first, where we took a tour of the office and watched a video showing the day in the life of an account executive at Yelp. The second part was a one on one interview with an account manager which lasted about 30 minutes. A week later I received an email scheduling a final phone interview with offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Anonymous Employee in South San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (South San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process was quick and efficient. They informed you on the interview processes at the very beginning. There were no surprises along the way. They were very clear on the role and what was expected.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Applied through career center website. Had a few phone calls first. Moved to a Skype interview. Started in a group setting where we watched training tutorials and were then asked our thoughts. Split off into one on ones and was asked the basics: why sales? what are your strengths? weaknesses? Afterward, we moved into a role play scenario.

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview followed by a Skype interview in which I met with two managers. The process overall was pretty easy and straightforward. Everyone was friendly and helpful in answering any questions that came up during the process.

Interview Questions

• Pretend I'm a local business owner. How would you speak to me about Yelp's offerings?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview then onsite. They definitely test your EQ with their style of interviewing. Good cop bad cop, tough, uncomfortable questions. Role play of how you would open call a business/pitch. Situational/behavioral questions. Questions about my previous work experience and how it ties into this role. What my goals are etc. Overall good experience, left with a good feeling and got the job. Been here for 2+ years and still here and still growing w/in company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL) in February 2018.

Interview

Arrived in a group of 6 and walked around the office to see the sales floor and eventually made it to a conference room. Watched videos regarding the role of Account Executive and then eventually went into smaller conference rooms with a one on one interview with a sales manager.

Interview Questions

• Role Playing with someone that sees your badge on the train and asks about YELP   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

Was referred through a friend and a week later I did a phone interview. Received great feedback after the interview. The following day, they scheduled me for an in-person interview.
    First 30 mins of the interview was in a group setting where you watched a video of one of the associates making cold-calls. The next part was a 1 on 1 interview with a sales manager. You role play and try to convince them to use Yelp for their business. I didn't get an offer, however, the recruiter offered to give me a call and provide some more feedback. A+ for the interviewing experience all around!

Interview Questions

• I am a business owner. Sell me Yelp.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

It was quick easy and fast. Got a couple phone interviews with the recruiter. Last step got an in person interview and role played with him. Everyone was super friendly and helpful.

Interview Questions

• If you see me on bart and you own a automotive service. Try to sell me on your product.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yelp in February 2018.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone. It was easy and only about 20 minutes long. It was mores informational about what the job entails and what you should expect from it. Some questions were asked, but they were simple. The next interview was a Skype interview. The first part was in a group setting where you learned more about the account executive position at Yelp. You were able to give feedback during this time or ask questions if need be. Afterwards, there was a 30-45 minute one-on-one Skype interview with a sales manager. I was asked a handful of questions, but they were not very difficult. The hardest part was the role playing part. My question was, "Pretend you're an account executive at Yelp and you meet a business owner on the streets of New York. Tell them about Yelp and how it could benefit his/her business." I did this role play three times, receiving feedback on each one. My interviewer was so friendly and definitely wanted to see me succeed at this. It's important to take the feedback you get and implement it ASAP to show you can learn from your mistakes. After this, I got an email saying they enjoyed my Skype interview and that someone from HR would call to discuss my interview. After this phone call, I was told that I would find out if I was hired in about 2 weeks. I'm still in the waiting process.

Interview Questions

• 1. Name a time when you were not recognized for your hard work
      2. What are some qualities that you have that you think will help you in sales
      3. Name a time when you listened to someone and improved your work by doing so   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Brief phone call asking about background. Interviewer wanted to know if I was willing to make a lot of phone calls in one day. Asked me if I was good with communicating with people.