Yelp Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yelp Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

First there was a phone interview which was easy, they just want to get a feel for your personality and phone demeanor. Then a week and a half later came the in-person interviews; in the same day I met with two employees. This included general interview questions, explaining to them why I want to work at Yelp, how my past work experiences will prepare me for this role, etc. Then there was a brief role play exercise, and I got some positive feedback.

Interview Questions

• Let's role play: I'm a pizza shop owner, I've never done any advertising. Try to sell me on Yelp Ads.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

You complete one preliminary phone interview. If you're selected to move forward after that, you are invited to the Yelp office to meet with three different Sales Managers (separately) for an in-person interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you genuinely tried hard at, but still failed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

1st call = 10-15 minutes just to see if you are not a debbie downer
    2nd (last in-person interview) = 1 quick 10-20 tour of office, and 20-30 minutes interview with role play and feedback. Mainly just seeing if you are coachable and can implement feedback on the fly

Interview Questions

• 1st call = explained their role, how long they been working there, asked me why sales, why I want to work there
      2nd in-person = why sales, why cold calling, talked about career opportunity, and did a role play about me being on bart and someone asking about my badge and etc. Just wanted to see if I could implement the feedback for the retrial of the role play.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

They contact you telling that they want to have quick call wth you. Initial interview is for 10-15 minutes. After that they send you email to visit them onsite. Recruiter tells you about position longer then you have time to response. they are mostly looking for fresh graduates and only think they want you do is to dial 80 calls per day. Pay is very low

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience?
      are you comfortable with called calling?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone screen, then interview my two team managers in separate rooms. Purpose is to gage personality and confidence. Have fun and show strengths in sales ability. Talk about something a past manager who gave rave reviews of your work ethic. If you can't handle being under fire with questions need not apply.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Applied at college fair and heard back from recruiter asking to set up interview times. Had phone interview then was offered in person interview. Since I couldn't go in person I had a Skype interview. Interviewers were friendly. The entire process took a few months. Was told if I got the job within a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The phone screen/1st Interview was very conversational. Without giving his name, he was very enjoyable to talk to and it definitely shows how pleasant some employees can be. They are going to ask you very simple questions, to make sure that you're not a debbie downer. Yelp is a young culture, they are growing constantly and don't like to be around negativity.

The One-on-One was with two people, Sales Manager and Sales Trainer. They role-play with those they are iffy with, sales isn't a walk in the park, but it's also not rocket science. A big thing they look for is confidence, honesty, and drive to get better.

Interview Questions

• Many people that we hire have no or minimum sales experience, why do you think you would do well in Advertising Sales?   1 Answer
    • Here at Yelp, we offer continuous feedback. How well do you take to feedback?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

They call you to set up a phone screen day after you submit a resume. Received phone screen following week from a manager: Asks questions about resume. Then 30-minute Skype interview with two different managers, ask for details about what is not on resume with each one has you do a role playing scenario, ask if you have any questions. Was emailed two days later with an automated email explaining they were moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Role-playing scenario: I am a pizza shop owner who you are following up with. I pick up the phone and immediately say I am sticking with advertising in the newspaper. Convince me why I should advertise with Yelp.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yelp (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Got an email to set up an interview a week or so later. The first interview is just a general phone screening, reading the reviews on Glassdoor really helped me. Just talk about why you want to be in sales, and be real with you answers. I talked about how I love meeting new people and establishing meaningful relationships. The phone screening is about 15 minutes, and then they set up your next interview while still on the phone with you.

I did a skype interview because I was from out of town. The Skype interview was about an hour, and you speak to 2 managers that put you in role playing situations. The first wanted me to "call" an auto mechanic and try to get to speak to the owner. The second was an owner that wanted to switch to newspaper advertising, and I had to convince him not to. I honestly had no idea how to do a sales pitch, but that doesn't matter to them. They just want you to show that you are willing to try, learn, and implement any feedback they give you. A good tip is to keep them talking, and keep asking questions to get to the root of the problem.

The last phone call is with the recruiter. They just want to get to know you better and basically make sure you're still interested. Then there's a background check, and once that's gone through, you'll get called for an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First part was phone interview, was immediately asked to come in person the next week. Came in, started with a tour, then watched a few videos showing examples of calls. You then meet individually with your interviewer and they will want you to do a roleplay. My interviewer played the role of a business owner recognizing I'm a Yelp employee on BART and wanted me to explain what Yelp does. The interviewer will give you feedback and make you do it again.

Interview Questions

• Q: Pretend we're on BART and I'm a business owner who recognizes you work for Yelp and I ask you to explain what you did.   Answer Question