Yelp Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 20, 2017

2.9

849 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Applied online and then got an email a couple days after to schedule a 15 minute phone interview. After the phone interview I got the chance to go to the company in Chicago, there I did a role play interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

There was a phone interview, followed by an hour long skype interview. I work for one of the biggest companies in the world and answered all the questions at the interview but I'm glad they did not make me the offer because the reviews are awful! I gave them all the answers and I never follow the cookie cutter way.....I am upset that they had the audacity to waste my time! I took a really long time to prepare and worked really hard but like I said this company is not worth it! Read the reviews!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First there was a 15 minute phone interview, about a week after I applied for the position. I advanced to the second phase, which was in office about 3 weeks after. The time that was given to me after the first interview over the phone and the email for the second interview confirmation was not the same.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in sales?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

I applied online and received an email response back about two weeks later. I was invited to do a 15 minute phone interview and was given a list of times within the week to schedule it. I chose a different opportunity and declined, but appreciated the followup.

Interview Questions

• One question they said they'd ask is how high my interest in cold calling is.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Interviewed on the phone for 15 minutes, had an in person interview THREE weeks later with a different sales manager than I spoke on the phone with. I had a female sales manager, practically the same age as me, asking me difficult questions and then told me to sell her the Yelp product on the spot. I was told they don't require you to do very well the first time as that is the reason they train their Account Executives for two months, but I was turned down with a generic email a week after my interview. I liked the culture of this company but the reviews are right- hard job selling a product very few businesses want, young managers that think very highly of themselves, and turn down candidates (like me) that have a degree from a highly recognized university. I applied because I really liked the overall atmosphere of Yelp, but if you don't truly want to sit on the phone from 8am-5pm everyday, steer clear of applying.

Interview Questions

• After learning more about the Account Executive role, how are you feeling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

Streamlined process. Started with phone screening from recruiter, then a call with a sales manager. After that, one in person with 2 managers followed by an online presentation going over the offer.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

My resume was submitted by someone who already works there. I received an email to set up a phone interview, and then after that I had a Skype interview (because it was an out of state position). For the Skype interview I talked to two people; the second person was the sales manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The first interview is 15 min phone call with a Sales manager, if this goes well a second interview is scheduled. The second interview is an onsite interview and role play with another sales manager

Interview Questions

• In your opinion, what are the main challenges of the job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Great interview. They brought you through several steps to really understand if you were made for the position. Each call I had was a very helpful call with a lot of information. Instructional videos were very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Role play: You are siting in an Uber pool with someone that knows nothing about Yelp and they see your Yelp shirt. How do you describe Yelp to them, what do you do and how can it help a business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter about the position. A week later we spoke over the phone and she asked general questions about my college career and why I was interested in the position. She was very nice and it went very well. I was scheduled for a second interview which took place about two weeks after the first. The second interview was an hour long. The first 30 mins consisted of watching a video about the daily activities of an account exec which was followed by a series of questions regarding the position. The second part of that interview was a one-on-one with a sales manager. This portion consisted of general questions and an exercise in which I was asked to give an elevator pitch about Yelp. After my first pitch I was given some feed back and was asked to do it again. A week later I received an email stating that they didn't want to proceed with the hiring process. lol