Yelp Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.9

877 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Phone interview, Skype/In-person interview, offer. The process was very simple and easy. Could tell they wanted to offer everyone they interviewed.
Hiring process was simple. Two interviews and an offer pretty simple. Recruiter was very nice during the process, but once I signed on to start working at Yelp I was like a ghost to her.

Interview Questions

• Would you be okay with making 60-80 cold calls per day?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very streamlined. The recruiting team constantly updated me on the process. They really do undersell Yelp to you, as they want you to stay with the company long term. They really did stress that the job is hard.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Started with a phone interview and it was very relaxed. I really enjoyed the person I talked to on the phone because the conversation went smoothly! I was expecting to meet with this person, but did not. The in-person interview started off as a group interview with 2 others and we watched a video explaining the job position. The recruiter would pause the video at times and asked our opinions. We then split up into one-on-one interviews. We talked one-on-one for about 30-45 minutes. It was not a natural conversation, but more of myself being nailed with questions and the interviewer being non-responsive. Some of the questions seemed a little repetitive, too. I had some questions for the interviewer that I could not get to. The interviewer then walked out of the conference room before I left, almost as though they seemed in a rush.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

The phone interview was quick and easy enough, the interviewer was very nice and actually acted interested in my answers to his question. Does a good job of making sure you understand what the job is.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing not on your resume that you are proud of?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

Phone interview, 2nd phone interview, in person interview with 2 sales managers who ask you questions about motivation and then we did a role play situation, where they give feedback that they would like you to implement.

Interview Questions

• What is an obstacle that you have overcome in your last position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL) in November 2017.

Interview

There were three different interviews; phone, Skype and in person. The first interview was about 15 - 20 minutes long. The second interview was through Skype and took longer.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied and was contacted via email to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted between 10-15 minutes and it was very basic questions. I then got an email to interview in the office. The on site interview is divided into 2 parts. The first you go around and look at the sales floor with the recruiter and you watch a couple of videos. You then go into a one on one interview with a sales manager who ask’s you some basic questions and then to role play situation. Then a couple of days after the recruiter gets back to you and does a 2nd touch base on how you feel about the role and the company and if you think that Yelp I the right fit for you. A couple of weeks later they offered me the position. It is a long proceeds from the initial emailing back and forth to actually getting an offer.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp in November 2017.

Interview

Good, overall. I applied online and heard back the very next day (talk about fast!) Then, I had a phone screen with a sales manager, just trying to get to know me and see if my personality fits. At the end of the call the manager invited me to an on-site interview for two weeks later. At the on-site, I was in a group and we toured the Yelp building. We watched videos about the role, and answered questions about it. Afterwards, had an interview with a sales manager, and did a role play. Towards the end he said they'll reach out in a week. A week later, one of the hiring coordinators phone interviewed me, asking about my thoughts and checked if I'm good with a cold-calling role. We did this one more time within the week, but really short, and a day later I got an offer!

All the interviewers were positive, upbeat, and natural, so I had a good experience. Grateful for the positiveness here, and I feel encouraged. They are really assuring people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself (every interview)   Answer Question
    • You're on the train and someone sees you & the Yelp logo on you and has questions. (Not being specific here, but have a basic understanding of the Yelp product.)   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about them cold calls?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied for this position through a school portal for jobs. Received an e-mail from a recruiter describing the job and compensation. Ask to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview is to find out how comfortable you are with calling businesses. After the phone interview, recruiter reached out for an onsite interview. After onsite interview there was a final phone interview.

Interview Questions

• In the past how did you deal with criticism from you superiors?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yelp (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview/Application Process began by applying online that included a resume and cover letter. From there, the next step is a 10-15 minute phone interview with someone from the Yelp Phoenix Office who asks about who you are, your background and previous work experience. This step is very easy. The second interview consists of a Skype Group interview or a on-site interview. For some reason management told me that the second interview would be onsite in Phoenix (I don't live anywhere near Phoenix) despite saying that this step would be a Skype interview and didn't offer to help pay for the roundtrip flight for Phoenix especially during thanksgiving week. The group Skype interview consisted of two parts the first showing a video about the role a account executive has to offer and in particular asks questions about the three sales failed calls. The second part consisted of a one on one with a manager who had previously been an account executive. The manager asked about my work background and then asked me to model a sales call to sell the Yelp product to them as someone who had never heard about Yelp. After both interviews I received an email informing me that I had been rejected from the process and that I would have to wait 6 months before applying for this role again. The Phone interview and Skype group interview was late by a minimum of 5-7 minutes. Overall disappointed with the process especially the reason provided by the rejection email of the reason of lack of experience when the job was centered around people with no experience and learning from nothing. Would not recommend working for Yelp. This job is a terrible offer and holistically a bad experience as a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you want to work at Yelp?   Answer Question
    • Tell Me About Yourself:   Answer Question
    • Q: What are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question
    • Q: Talk to me and sell me Yelp if I'm a business owner whose never heard of Yelp before   1 Answer