Yelp Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yelp Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

Began with a phone interview then after that it is a one hour with two different sales managers. They go through your resume and mainly focus on role playing a sales call.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First was a phone interview, then a face to face, then another follow up phone interview.

The process was smooth and up until the final follow up phone call. I was told I received the position and was scheduled for a background check and given all of the information to accept the job. On the phone, the recruiter was basically telling me this position isn't for everyone, almost like she was telling me not to accept it. I became uncertain, considering it is a cold calling only position, so I took a week to decide. After another phone call I accepted the position, but then later was declined in an email. What a joke.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Took about 2 weeks, first a phone interview then an in person interview. In person interview began with a tour and a few videos about the day to day responsibilities of the position which definitely prepares you for the one on one interview.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

I was quickly approved for an interview, but then had to wait a month to schedule a time. I went through two interview rounds. One was on the phone. At my initial scheduled time, the representative never called me and I had to reschedule. The other was via Skype.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

First was a phone interview, then an in person interview at the office with two different hiring managers, then another phone interview with the recruiter. All of these were extremely conversational and flowed easily, unlike other interviews I've been on. After this process I got the offer on another phone call. Overall, it was a Very good interview process they weren't trying to trick me.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

1.) Be very patient, this interview process is long - but doable
    2.) Be coachable, and have a passion for sales and a competitive environment

1st interview was a quick phone screen with a sales representative, probably around 15 minutes - asked really basic questions about why you want to work for yelp

Next, I got a phone call about a week later to set up a Skype interview - this was scheduled about a month later. During the Skype interview, the role plays were important - the first role-play was difficult, the sales manager was really negative, and was saying no to a lot of what I had to say. We did this twice, and the second time i made sure to ask more questions and make more of a conversation. She also asked several behavioral questions about experiences I faced in past jobs and in college. The second sales manager did a similar role play, and it was a lot smoother. I only had to do it once, and I got positive feedback. After this, I was told I would hear back in 2 weeks.

In two weeks, I had another interview with the recruiter I had been emailing back and forth with since day 1. This is mainly a time to ask any questions about the role, and talk about your experience with the role plays. After this, she scheduled a phone call for a decision during the next week. Then an offer was made, and a week later - I got a tour of the office and got a e-mailed offer as well.

Interview Questions

• Role play, asking if pizza place would purchase ads from yelp/stopping pizza place from switching to newspaper ads   1 Answer
    • Why yelp, why sales? name a time when .....   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2017.

Interview

Within 24 hours I had a phone interview scheduled. I will finish my review after the first interview. The next step would be training. They supposedly have a great training process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Tour of the office followed by a 1 on 1 interview that lasted about 35min. Office is located in SoMa near the Museum of Modern Arts and the office space is very clean and nice.

Interview Questions

• Why Sales?   Answer Question
    • Someone on the train to work notices that you work at Yelp and is skeptical about the service provided   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

First, a phone call for 15 minutes. I was asked to role play on my phone call, which normally doesn't occur. However, I got asked to the second round. The second round was a Skype interview where I spoke to two sales managers for 30 minutes about role playing, the company, the atmosphere, etc. Then, I had a third phone call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with a phone call, then another phone call. After that it's a Skype interview. You start with the recruiter and another candidate and then you move into a one on one meeting with the head of a sales department

Interview Questions

• They asked me to do a role play for selling Yelp advertising. They also asked me about a time when I received criticism. Also asked me about why I wanted to work in sales/at Yelp.   Answer Question