Yelp Account Executive Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 3, 2017

2.9

169 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

Streamlined process. Started with phone screening from recruiter, then a call with a sales manager. After that, one in person with 2 managers followed by an online presentation going over the offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted for a 15 minute phone interview and asked to come in for an in-person interview. I went to the New York office and was given a tour and a small presentation with a group of other applicants. Then, we split into individual interviews where they asked to role play scenario where I had to sell Yelp advertising to a neighbor with a small business at a barbecue.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you're proud of that is not on your resume?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

Finished phone interview. Standard sales questions and background on resume. The initial phone conversation was about 15-30 minutes of smooth sailing. Haven't gone in for an on sight interview yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume (end of June 2017)
    Emailed back and forth with recruiting team (July 2nd 2017)
    Brief phone interview (July 11th 2017)
    In-office interview (July 25th 2017)
    Decision (July 27th 2017)

The reason I rated my interview with Yelp as a negative experience is detailed above. I spent an entire month going back and fourth with recruitment. The process took a very long time, and granted it was for the NYC office which I'm sure is in high demand for talent. It was a disappointing ending when after all the effort I had put into my interview process, I didn't get an offer. I left the in-office interview feeling very confident, the manager had even said "You'll definitely be hearing back from us!"
    I felt like things had gone over so well! But I digress. I don't believe this is any type of entry level position, even though they offer training. Have experience in cold-calling sales and you'll probably get the job. Although I don't have cold-calling experience, I have a lot of leadership experience and years of sales exposure. I guess I wasn't the right fit. In conclusion, be prepared to invest a lot of time in the interview experience and don't assume an outcome.

Interview Questions

• Your neighbor at the barbecue keeps getting Yelp sales call and he's stumped on how to deal with it, how do you convince him it's a good idea to invest in yelp?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was reached out to very soon after to schedule a phone interview. Had the interview the next week and was later reached out to attend an in-person interview. I went to the offices and was given a tour before the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you try to convince someone that buying ads on Yelp was a good idea?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted soon after. Scheduled a phone interview in two weeks time. The interview itself took 15 minutes and consisted mostly of basic HR questions. Pleasant overall experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

Began with a phone interview then after that it is a one hour with two different sales managers. They go through your resume and mainly focus on role playing a sales call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

First, a phone call for 15 minutes. I was asked to role play on my phone call, which normally doesn't occur. However, I got asked to the second round. The second round was a Skype interview where I spoke to two sales managers for 30 minutes about role playing, the company, the atmosphere, etc. Then, I had a third phone call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with two people. The first asked a few questions and then had me practice cold calling. Second person asked questions and did not have me practice cold calling.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position and received an email about a week later to schedule a phone interview for the following week. The initial email from the recruiter included information about the job to discuss during the phone interview. Phone interview was basic questions about my resume/work history, what i understand about the position, and questions about past successes/failure and how i handled them.

At the end of the phone interview, a second in-person interview was scheduled. This involved an interview with management including sales role-play. About two weeks after the interview, i received an offer.

Interview Questions

• A family member is hesitant to advertise with Yelp. How would you convince them utilize Yelp ad services?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you experienced failure and how you handled it   Answer Question