Yelp Account Executive Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yelp Account Executive Sales Interview Questions

Updated Feb 4, 2017

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL).

Interview

First was a brief 20 minute phone conversation. Then, about a week later, an in-person office interview consisting of a tour and then two separate interviews. An HR person showed me around the office then I was placed in a room. Through the foggy glass window, I watched my interviewer quickly glance at my resume before walking in. He interviewed me first. The interview included basic questions plus a cold-call scenario. Then he left and my second interviewer (female) came in. She spent a lot more time learning about me and my interests. We did a second cold-call scenario practice.

Interview Questions

The office was so loud that I had a massive headache just from the one hour spent there. Although I would enjoy sales and have enjoyed sales in the past, the office climate at the Chicago office was horrible. I've seen the SF (headquarter) office and it's much, much nicer.

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview process was very smooth, it is easy, you have a phone call first to basically see if you can hold a conversation with the person. Then you move onto Skype where you do the role play and get asked questions like when was there a time when you were told no and had to overcome that?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a multi-step process that began with a phone screening where I was asked general questions (why do you love yelp, what makes you suited for a sales position etc...). Second interview was a video conference where I spoke with two employees and had to do two sales pitches on the fly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted in less than a week to set up a phone interview. From what I was told if I had been in Chicago it would have been in person. The interview was set for about a week later. The woman was really upbeat the whole time so it was hard to read which way she was leaning or how she was feeling. The questions were basic but she pushed hard for some answers that I didn't have/felt like I already answered which made me feel flustered.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have with cold-calling? How would you handle a customer that continuously said no?   Answer Question

Account Executive (Sales) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a university recruiter in contact with me every step of the way. She was kind and responsive. There was a phone interview followed by an on-line tutorial and then an in-person interview. Each Yelp employee seemed genuine and down to earth but also good at selling me the job... I remember one of the interviewers telling me about her first job in marketing (I was applying for a sales role that she currently held in Yelp). She said her old job was fun but she got bored of staring at a computer all day, and that sales is great because you're dealing with people and its different everyday. This has stuck with me. Before an offer was made, I decided to take another temporary internship, but my recruiter still reached out several months later to check in. Would consider re-applying with this company.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in sales?   Answer Question
    • Role play: the interviewer pretended they were a business that I was calling to pitch. The interviewer was acting difficult and I was expected to think on my feet, be polite and close   Answer Question

Account Executive Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

First applied online, then got a confirmation that they wanted to move forward with me. Next went through a phone screening with a super enthusiastic former account executive who asked why yelp, why sales, basic questions about me. Got moved on to the on site interview. Met with two managers who both had me roleplay. Both managers were really nice and informative, but the roleplay is slightly intimidating. Be prepared.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yelp (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

It was a quick 10 minute phone call, very fast. Interviewee said if I passed then they would let me know within 2-3 days. Very professional and cordial. Interview was really fast and a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Online application, then a phone call. It took two weeks to schedule an interview. I had to keep emailing the recruiter because they missed my interview slot three times. However, when the interview came the woman on the phone was nice. She was very aggressive on how this job only allows for cold calls.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about cold calls?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

Two interviews, one on the phone and one over skype. The first was quick and basically a run down of your job history and the second takes you through different role-playing scenarios.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince a pizza place to advertise with Yelp?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was a really long interview process. You role-play as a cold-caller with current sales associate. You also run through different situations you might run into as a cold caller.