Yelp Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 8, 2017

2.9

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Basic interview. They will ask situational questions related to the job. They aren't looking for a correct answer, just to see how you answer it. They're are really interviewing your personality.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a biz owner calling in angry that Yelp doesn't work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

First you have a phone interview, then move onto a skye interview and follow up call interview. During the skype interview you met with two different people who asked you questions about your experience and why you would want to work for yelp.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

2 vs 1 during the interview. You will sit across the table from 2 of the hiring managers and will start with a role play. Does not matter if you understand their company process or not, if you do not get it right, you're out.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee / friend (which I think flags your resume so ou immediately go to the phone interview round.) Then I had a very low stress phone interview. And finally, a few days later, I had the in-person interview. The whole process took less than a week.

Interview Questions

• I'm a business owner, you have 2 minutes, sell me Yelp Ads   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Yelp (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The interview was very similar to everything that's been posted. Typical questions of Why Yelp? Etc Want to know what you can bring to the company etc. They want young out of school people, if you are over the age of 40 you're not part of their crowd. They'll give you the song and dance of going through the interview process, but they'll not hire you. I have more experience than they have on their little fingers, but that's not what they want. They have so many young people in charge they don't understand that an older person would probably serve them better than younger, due to the fact an older person has more loyalty and was trained with good work ethics.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial phone call interview which included role play followed up by face to face interview in office with more role play. They basically want to see that you can be coached to handle business owners who are upset with negative reviews. Their solution seemed to be to distract owners from their rage with small talk and convincing them that no one would pay attention to the review if they had generally positive reviews.

Interview Questions

• role playing questions like steve's pizza is upset about their negative review, try and talk steve down   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

It took me nearly 3 months to hear back from them since I applied online. After them asking if I was still interested, they took another month to set me up with a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, they set me up with an in-person interview. A lot of role plays to expect. It's basically a call center setting with "outstanding" perks. The HR department tends to be ambiguous sometimes. Overall, a decent interview experience, yet, definitely was not my top choice.

Interview Questions

• Convince me to visit one of your favorite restaurants   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Started with a short interview with basic questions to get to know you. Then moved to a Skype interview (Being I was in a different state) which was more formal. Asked two role play questions and interviewed by two people.

Interview Questions

• Call a company to see if they would be interested in Yelps services.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Skype, and then in person if you are close enough. Really easy roleplaying and also explaining why you want this role. Basically just research the company and its advertising and how to role-play scenarios and you will be ok.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Short and Sweet. Very kind and made it very casual. Process took less than a day to receive word of interview times after submitting my application. Easy interview with very little stress.

Interview Questions

• Role Play- Customer calling to cancel their subscription.   1 Answer