Yelp Account Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yelp Account Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

2 vs 1 during the interview. You will sit across the table from 2 of the hiring managers and will start with a role play. Does not matter if you understand their company process or not, if you do not get it right, you're out.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Yelp (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The interview was very similar to everything that's been posted. Typical questions of Why Yelp? Etc Want to know what you can bring to the company etc. They want young out of school people, if you are over the age of 40 you're not part of their crowd. They'll give you the song and dance of going through the interview process, but they'll not hire you. I have more experience than they have on their little fingers, but that's not what they want. They have so many young people in charge they don't understand that an older person would probably serve them better than younger, due to the fact an older person has more loyalty and was trained with good work ethics.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial phone call interview which included role play followed up by face to face interview in office with more role play. They basically want to see that you can be coached to handle business owners who are upset with negative reviews. Their solution seemed to be to distract owners from their rage with small talk and convincing them that no one would pay attention to the review if they had generally positive reviews.

Interview Questions

• role playing questions like steve's pizza is upset about their negative review, try and talk steve down   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

It took me nearly 3 months to hear back from them since I applied online. After them asking if I was still interested, they took another month to set me up with a phone interview. At the end of the phone interview, they set me up with an in-person interview. A lot of role plays to expect. It's basically a call center setting with "outstanding" perks. The HR department tends to be ambiguous sometimes. Overall, a decent interview experience, yet, definitely was not my top choice.

Interview Questions

• Convince me to visit one of your favorite restaurants   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Started with a short interview with basic questions to get to know you. Then moved to a Skype interview (Being I was in a different state) which was more formal. Asked two role play questions and interviewed by two people.

Interview Questions

• Call a company to see if they would be interested in Yelps services.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Skype, and then in person if you are close enough. Really easy roleplaying and also explaining why you want this role. Basically just research the company and its advertising and how to role-play scenarios and you will be ok.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be an account manager? Roleplaying.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Short and Sweet. Very kind and made it very casual. Process took less than a day to receive word of interview times after submitting my application. Easy interview with very little stress.

Interview Questions

• Role Play- Customer calling to cancel their subscription.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Recruiter got in touch with me to set up an initial phone screen with an Account Manager. During my call with the AM, I was asked to describe the products they sell and also did a role-play at the end of our conversation, after which an onsite interview was scheduled for the same week. Went onsite (be prepared to take a selfie for the company's records) and met with a Manager who asked very general questions at the beginning of the interview followed by 2 role playing scenarios. Training/start date and salary for this position were already pre-determined.

Interview Questions

• How do you address a customer who wants to cancel because of budget?
      What do you say to a customer who requests that a bad review of his business be removed?
      Describe your favorite restaurant to someone who is new in town.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL) in February 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was very nice and candid. They had an initial introductory phone call and followed up the following week with a phone interview. They gave a brief overview of Yelp, and the account manager position. They then began to do situational problem solving seeing how i would respond.

Interview Questions

• If the owner of a pizza called and wanted to cancel their subscription, what would you tell them to keep their advertising subscription?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yelp (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was a little different for me as I moved across the country for the job. So I had one phone interview and one Skype interview. When they ask you to interview, they send you the information that you need to speak to in the phone interview. READ IT! It's not an impossible interview, but they want to know that you're taking it seriously so you'll need to prepare a lot. At the end of the interview they'll give you feedback and ask you to Skype interview/come in in person. Remember that feedback because they're going to ask you about it again and see if you can implement it. Get ready for some role plays. Don't be intimidated by them as they don't expect you to know everything. They want to know that you can take criticism and grow from it and be resilient. If you don't know how to react in a role play, ask open ended questions (tell me more about what's going on, walk me through what you're feeling, etc). You'll knock their socks off with those! My biggest downfall in the role plays was that I talked too much because I was so nervous. Take a deep breath, relax, and shut up when you've said enough and be okay with silence. When in doubt--ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Role play about a biz owner who is upset about a critical review   Answer Question