Yelp Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yelp Executive Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.9

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

I applied online and interviewed over the phone. Nothing stood out as unusual. Most of the interview involves making sure you understand that the position includes 80-90 cold calls per day. I was moved to the second round of interviews but declined.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL).

Interview

several phone screens then an onsite interview with several managers. They ask you questions about yourself, the company, and your understanding of the role and the products that are offered.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in a high-volume cold calling position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First round was a quick phone interview with a HR representative. I was then invited to an on-site where they did a group tour of the sales floor. We separated and then interviewed one-on-one with a senior manager of sales.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied and received and email the next day to schedule a phone interview two weeks later. After the call (where I was asked about my interest in yelp and knowledge about the position), I was told that I would be contacted by a recruiter to set up an on site interview that would happen about a week later. At the office, I interviewed with two nice managers who made the process very comfortable. They were mainly making sure I understood the difficulties of the position my sling questions relating to how I would handle the high volume of calls and rejection. Two days after the interview O received an email informing me that I was being moved forward and scheduled another phone call with a recruiter two days later. During this call the recruiter basically did the same things in a shortened version (making sure I understood the position and was up for the challenge. At the end of the call she extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when it felt like you were failing and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

They sent me an email that they are interested in me. Then a week later phone appointment. It was pretty general straightforward questions. Then onsite interview a week later. That's where the deal is. An hour long interview. It was great. Everything was professional. Then I got the offer. Awesome. Love the whole process. Not a single problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

First call was over the phone quick interview. Second was in San Francisco Office. Showed me the position which is nice if you like micro managed telemarketing job with quotas and low pay.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Yelp sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter a day or two after applying on the website. We had a 15-20 minute phone call and then she scheduled me to come in for an in person interview the next week. I arrived and there were three other interviewees there. We all took a tour of the facilities (very nice with a large kitchen, pool table, and a coffee bar), then we watched a video on "The Day in the Life of an Account Executive" and answered some questions form the recruiter. She stated this portion was not an evaluation but I think it was. Then, we all split up and spoke to a manager individually. My interviewer was a young woman who was pretty friendly and personable and asked me some questions. Then we did a role play twice. Then, she walked me to the door.

Interview Questions

• Why Yelp? Why sales? What was a time where you didn't get recognition and you thought you should have? How did you handle it? What is something you are working on personally or professionally that you've taken action on?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview and then I was asked to do an in person interview. I was given a brief tour and was then interviewed by two people. Seemed like a kind of unnecessary process to do so much interviewing for a job they hire in the hundreds and consistently. I guess it's the turnover. They look for the retention.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell Yelp to an old person who doesn't know what it is?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

First interview was informational. Super friendly interviewer. Easy to talk to. Conversation flowed naturally. The questions were straightforward. Told me about the position I was applying for.

Second interview is a Skype interview that includes role play in a sales setting.

Interview Questions

• What do you think the biggest challenge you might face will be in a sales role.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Why did you decide to choose Yelp? How do you handle challenges? Are you okay with the pay? That's where you say no.