Yelp Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 11, 2017

2.9

984 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The interview wasn't bad, the only thing that caught me off guard was "What can you tell me about yourself that isn't on your resume?" but other than that, the interviewer was very kind and explained the position very well then asked me quesitons about what she just said

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Horrible. Interviewer was unprofessional did not listen to my answers and constantly felt rushed. Also they make you
    Start out in a group interview and then it breaks away into individual interviews with people that would potentially be your boss.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how would you convince a business owner to claim their business.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial call with sales recruiter to go over experience and make sure I aligned with the role. Call was 15 minutes. Then second call about an hour with the hiring manager to answer more questions and ask questions.

Interview Questions

• Am I open to a high volume cold-calling role (65 calls per day)?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp in July 2017.

Interview

Between emailing and setting up a phone interview, the whole process took about a week. It was comprised of a quick 15 minute phone interview. It was relatively easy. Was asked basic questions pertaining to the job. Overall, was a good experience and wasn't to stressful or overwhelming.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself and What else that isn't on your resume that has helped you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online on the careers page after being told by a friend that they were looking to take on college grads. I immediately received an email telling me how interested they were in interviewing with me and to select a time to speak on the phone. I selected my time slot only to have been given the wrong date and have the interviewer "call" (I didn't receive a call or voicemail) at the wrong time. After rescheduling I spoke on the phone with someone for 15 minutes or so which seemed very rushed but was told through another email afterwards that I was able to schedule an in person interview. The application to phone interview process took about two weeks. I then had to wait an entire month to have my in person interview. I met with the person who initially emailed me back about the role and was given a tour. We went on to watch videos and have a discussion about the role and product. I was initially supposed to have a group interview but it ended up just being me. I had a positive experience with the person from the tour but that was quickly diminished when I had my "real" interview with one of the account managers. Before even getting to the interview he knew he was not interested in hiring me based on reading my resume. After making a big deal about my name pronunciation for two minutes we began the interview. He started off the interview in a very condescending tone going through my resume. When he began asking the official questions he questioned every answer I gave to him as if I had stupid answers even though I gave explanations to every answer I gave prior to him asking "Really, is that what you think will be the most challenging?" "So you would do this?" "Idk, if you think that's ... Blah blah" . However, towards the end of the interview and role-playing I felt like we had gotten back on track because he had lightened up and became less offensive. Overall he was very unprofessional and I have no idea why he is responsible for doing interviews. I get that Yelp has a casual vibe but trying to have a debate about everything and nitpicking at answers because it's not the answer that you would have gone with is just weird. If you're not interested simply take the answer and get over with the interview. The process with him was supposed to take 30 minutes but it took 45.

Interview Questions

• A plethora of questions that I'm sure he had not asked others. +Role-playing about meeting a friend on the train who has launched a business and needs advertising.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was reached out to very soon after to schedule a phone interview. Had the interview the next week and was later reached out to attend an in-person interview. I went to the offices and was given a tour before the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you try to convince someone that buying ads on Yelp was a good idea?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted soon after. Scheduled a phone interview in two weeks time. The interview itself took 15 minutes and consisted mostly of basic HR questions. Pleasant overall experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I really enjoyed the experience with Yelp! It starts out with a phone interview where they ask basic questions regarding experiences and skills. They also ask about future plans and where you see yourself in five-10 years. After the phone screening, they invited me to a group interview via Skype with 3 other candidates and the recruiter. They show videos describing a day in the life of an account executive as well as listening in on some phone calls as well as feedback regarding the videos and our thoughts (Very unique and enjoyable). This takes about 30 minutes and the next 30 minutes or so involves a one on one interview with a Sales manager where you continue the questions regarding your experiences, but they also do a situational role play where you pitch the idea of Yelp to a friend or family member. After this, they send you three more videos regarding training, professional development, and compensation followed by another phone call from the recruiter in order to give feedback and ask questions regarding the videos.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

There is one phone interview and then one in-person interview. The phone interview is about yourself and what you know about Yelp and the in-person interview they have you do a sales pitch

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Very smooth interview process. Phone interview, then in person interview, then a final short phone call to tell you more about the job and then you get the offer or do not. They do skype interviews so people do not have to travel. There are a few people interviewing with you at the in person interview.