Yelp Junior Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yelp Junior Account Executive Interview Questions

Updated Mar 5, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

1. 10-15 phone interview that went over responsibilities of the job and how much you know about the position. They also do a practice sales call with you to see what your base skill level is with cold calling.
2. 2 On-site interviews that lasted 20 minutes each. Each interviewer does a practice sales cold call with you.

Interview Questions

• What is the best advice you have received and how has it helped you?
    Why do you want to do sales?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was in three parts with calls with recruiters in between. The first was a general interview getting an idea about personal and professional background. The second is a little more in depth interview. The third is a Skype interview that includes role playing--selling Yelp to a hair salon.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Went into the office in NYC. Was interviewed by 2 people (one after the other). Included a role play with both interviewers in which you are asked to be a Yelp Account Executive and try to sell Yelp to a local business. They refuse Yelp services and you have to try to convince them to buy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Yelp?, How do you overcome adversity and rejection?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of 2 parts. Phone calls and then next round was Skype or in person. The in person involved 2 role plays- most important part is showing you can give feedback.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome a big challenge in your life?   1 Answer

Junior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

It starts with a short phone screening and a role play. This is followed by a few other interviews, ( mine were Skype) . There are more role plays each round, but the rest of the questions are pretty basic and are just about your background and interest in Yelp.

Interview Questions

• Role plays, but they coach you through them and really are just seeing if you are competent enough to hold the conversation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

One phone call, then a three step interview. For every interview you have one person. If they like you, you go on to the next person until you hit person number three.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

They bring you in a room and three different interviewers come in one at a time. They do a role play as well as ask behavioral questions. The role play they want you to first try to just make an appointment with a business owner- they want you to ask questions then be assertive with setting a date and time. The second role play they want you to convince a business owner to use yelp even though they say they don't have money. Again, ask open ended questions. Third role play they ask you to sell them anything you're passionate about.

Junior Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

They seemed eager to get you through the interview process. I was contacted by the recruiter a few days after sending in my resume, and had my first interview a few days after that. They offered me the final round interview on the spot, and I did that two days later.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward questions about sales. Nothing difficult or out of the norm.   Answer Question

=

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

First had a basic phone interview then met with three sales managers.

Interview Questions

• Last role play, had to do one that I needed to improve on.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yelp (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied to the job online, submitting a cover letter and resume online. The next day I received an email requesting a short, 15 minute phone interview. The phone interview felt like a refreshingly genuine interaction with a person--it mitigated all the typical interview questions. Next, I was asked to conduct an hour Skype interview with three managers at the location I was being considered. In this interview, I was asked, among other questions, to practice sales pitches as a future account executive. The exercise is really great in putting you in the shoes of what you will be doing in the day-to-day activities of the job. Each interviewer provides feedback, which you are asked to implement in the next pitch.

Interview Questions

• If you do not have a background in sales, they will notice and really push you to convince them why you want to enter the field.   Answer Question

I realized I wanted to pursue another field of interest outside of sales.