Yelp Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.9

222 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

Finished phone interview. Standard sales questions and background on resume. The initial phone conversation was about 15-30 minutes of smooth sailing. Haven't gone in for an on sight interview yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

Began with a phone interview then after that it is a one hour with two different sales managers. They go through your resume and mainly focus on role playing a sales call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

First, a phone call for 15 minutes. I was asked to role play on my phone call, which normally doesn't occur. However, I got asked to the second round. The second round was a Skype interview where I spoke to two sales managers for 30 minutes about role playing, the company, the atmosphere, etc. Then, I had a third phone call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with two people. The first asked a few questions and then had me practice cold calling. Second person asked questions and did not have me practice cold calling.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview which was laid back and engaging. Interviewer was interested in learning about my experience and knowledge of company. Was scheduled a follow-up, in-person interview for the following month.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied and received and email the next day to schedule a phone interview two weeks later. After the call (where I was asked about my interest in yelp and knowledge about the position), I was told that I would be contacted by a recruiter to set up an on site interview that would happen about a week later. At the office, I interviewed with two nice managers who made the process very comfortable. They were mainly making sure I understood the difficulties of the position my sling questions relating to how I would handle the high volume of calls and rejection. Two days after the interview O received an email informing me that I was being moved forward and scheduled another phone call with a recruiter two days later. During this call the recruiter basically did the same things in a shortened version (making sure I understood the position and was up for the challenge. At the end of the call she extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when it felt like you were failing and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

They sent me an email that they are interested in me. Then a week later phone appointment. It was pretty general straightforward questions. Then onsite interview a week later. That's where the deal is. An hour long interview. It was great. Everything was professional. Then I got the offer. Awesome. Love the whole process. Not a single problem.

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

One coding challenge followed by an HR call (Nothing technical, just brief overview of the entire process). Next was the telephonic interview, wherein I was asked about my past experience, a simple non-technical question (Eg. What would you do if your page loads slow), and a coding challenge on CoderPad

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your page loads slow
      Merge Interval   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

It started with a phone interview consisting with basic interview questions: "What do you know about yelp?" and "Why are you interested?". Then moved onto an in person interview at the Yelp headquarters in NYC where you get interviewed by two hiring managers. They ask you similar questions about, "Why sales?" and put you through a couple role plays for cold calling.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

First a phone call with basic info about the role, asking why I wanted to work at Yelp and what my background experience is. Then, second phone call with another member of the recruiting team that went into a bit more detail about the role, questions included why I wanted to get into sales, what I was looking for in my career. Next was a Skype interview (because I do not live in NYC) with two sales managers - one after the other. This got even more detailed, asking me what I know about their advertising package. We did some role play and they asked more difficult questions regarding my experience ("what was a time where you...". Finally, I received a call a week or so later with my initial contact asking what I thought about the whole process. Received my offer a week later and was given 2 weeks to think it over. Overall, very easy and positive experience. Thanks for everything!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked proactively in order to not let work pile up (a time you finished ahead of schedule) -- this is paraphrased, can't remember exactly   Answer Question