Yelp Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Yelp Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Aug 15, 2017

111 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume (end of June 2017)
    Emailed back and forth with recruiting team (July 2nd 2017)
    Brief phone interview (July 11th 2017)
    In-office interview (July 25th 2017)
    Decision (July 27th 2017)

The reason I rated my interview with Yelp as a negative experience is detailed above. I spent an entire month going back and fourth with recruitment. The process took a very long time, and granted it was for the NYC office which I'm sure is in high demand for talent. It was a disappointing ending when after all the effort I had put into my interview process, I didn't get an offer. I left the in-office interview feeling very confident, the manager had even said "You'll definitely be hearing back from us!"
    I felt like things had gone over so well! But I digress. I don't believe this is any type of entry level position, even though they offer training. Have experience in cold-calling sales and you'll probably get the job. Although I don't have cold-calling experience, I have a lot of leadership experience and years of sales exposure. I guess I wasn't the right fit. In conclusion, be prepared to invest a lot of time in the interview experience and don't assume an outcome.

Interview Questions

• Your neighbor at the barbecue keeps getting Yelp sales call and he's stumped on how to deal with it, how do you convince him it's a good idea to invest in yelp?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was reached out to very soon after to schedule a phone interview. Had the interview the next week and was later reached out to attend an in-person interview. I went to the offices and was given a tour before the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you try to convince someone that buying ads on Yelp was a good idea?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted soon after. Scheduled a phone interview in two weeks time. The interview itself took 15 minutes and consisted mostly of basic HR questions. Pleasant overall experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

Began with a phone interview then after that it is a one hour with two different sales managers. They go through your resume and mainly focus on role playing a sales call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with two people. The first asked a few questions and then had me practice cold calling. Second person asked questions and did not have me practice cold calling.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview which was laid back and engaging. Interviewer was interested in learning about my experience and knowledge of company. Was scheduled a follow-up, in-person interview for the following month.

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

One coding challenge followed by an HR call (Nothing technical, just brief overview of the entire process). Next was the telephonic interview, wherein I was asked about my past experience, a simple non-technical question (Eg. What would you do if your page loads slow), and a coding challenge on CoderPad

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your page loads slow
      Merge Interval   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a fifteen minute OT, which went well after which I qualified for a phone interview. It took time for the recruiters to do the scheduling. The interviewer introduced himself, asked about my projects and internships after which we had a coding question

Interview Questions

• Implement Dequeue, Enqueue and FindMin()   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview easy just explaination of the job and simple questions about cold calling and sales. Second interview was about a week later met with two people, one right after the other. Role play scenarios, basic sales, cold calling questions. Thought the process went well and enjoyed speaking to the two interviewers. I was shown the office and told I would get a call in a few days. Instead I got a no-reply email two days later.

Interview Questions

• A time you were put out of your comfort zone and was still sucessful.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

First you do a phone interview then you about a week later you go in to the office. You speak to two different people and the the second interviewer takes you for a tour around the office. You sit down in one of their rooms and the interviewer goes over your resume with you and you talk about your experience.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation with an unsatisfied customer and how did you resolve it:   Answer Question