Yelp Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Yelp Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

I received an email from Yelp the day after I applied, informing me that I had passed the first stages of their interview process. The email gave me a few phone interview times and I was to pick two and respond back with my choices. However the times were:
    Wednesday, December 5th from 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM
    Thursday, December 6th from 9:30 - 10:30 AM
    Thursday, December 6th from 1:00 - 4:00 PM
    I had just read my email on December 5th so that time was impossible and so was the first time on December 6th because I had work. So I emailed back with the last time option, hoping it wouldn't be a problem as it was a 4 hr block. I waited and did not receive any call, so I tried to call Yelp and set up another interview. BIG MISTAKE. Yelp doesn't want people to call them so they make it impossible they only want you to email them with questions, which I did and still received no response. I realized that I didn't want to try to sell advertising for a company that makes it impossible for their customers to reach them. Its very dirty of the company and speaks volumes about their level of organization. Thanks but no thanks Yelp........

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Went in and met with 2 interviewers...all of the questions and role play situations previously mentioned were very helpful and useful...interview was very straight forward and professional...the role playing situations were a little difficult because i have not sold before but the interviewers help you out and push you in the right direction

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

The entire interview/hiring process was quick. Got an initial phone call (screening). Upon passing that, I was invited for an in-person interview. I was interviewed by three different people. At times, I got nervous but they made me feel comfortable and put me at ease. BE RECEPTIVE TO COACHING!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Entry-level sales position. Base salary then commission based on performance. No room for negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Process took about a month
    - phone screen with account manager
    - in person interview with 3 account managers/ background check request
    - phone interview with hiring manager
    - webinar
    - phone call with hiring manager asking you if you want the job!!!!!
    The process was long, but it really gives you the chance to show how resilient you can be and present yourself in a way that makes you a desirable candidate for this position. I am so happy and excited to begin my job at Yelp in November!!!! The process was definitely worth it and made me a stronger interviewer and communicator in general.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?
      Why Yelp?
      What makes you a good candidate for this position?
      How do you handle rejection?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

They straight up tell you the base salary before your first phone screen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online.
    I received an e-mail for scheduling phone interview on the third work day.
    10 min phone interview
    The HR was really nice.
    I thought I answered pretty good, but I received a rejection e-mail in two days.
    The questions she asked were not difficult. Glassdoor was helpful.
    Questions:
    Why yelp?
    Why AE?
    Future plan
    Something isnt on your resume
    when you feel stressful, what you will do?

Software Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Enjoyable, courteous and clear. The recruiter was prompt in responding to my emails and questions. Went to the Yelp booth at my campus's career fair and did not need to wait long lines.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Really friendly staff and supportive of career ambitions. Extremely attentive HR coordinator. Friendly office environment. Was a very positive experience overall, great office benefits, great job for someone looking to get into Yelp community. Really fun work environment.

Interview Questions

• Previous experience and how it relates.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a 2 phone interviews and an in-person. It was odd because I had a phone interview, which was followed by an in person, which was then followed by another phone interview. There were 2 separate times where the hiring manager forgot to call me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

It was poor. They use telephone interview to screen applicants. Then if you are successful you do a face to face interview. The issue is they hire anyone.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next three years?   1 Answer

Got a better job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

Phone interview does not allow much room to show character and impress. The interviewer expects you to repeat the 10 facts about yelp, and the daily blog of an account executive.
    In my opinion, it does not properly screen potential workers, as it does not allow any room for creativity or self expression. Not sure on what basis the interviewer grades the phone interviews.

Interview Questions

• The question are as follows "
      1. Tell me what you know about yelp (10 facts)
      2. What can you tell about the product
      3. What do you know about the position
      4. Why do you fit the job (examples can be found in the provided blog)

Hardest question? When the interviewer asked what i want to ask him.
      After this mutually scripted phone interview i wasnt sure i am talking to a real person at that point.
      Answer Question