Yelp Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 7, 2017

2.8

237 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

An initial phone call that had us talk about our selves. Then in office interview with 3 different people, where they made act how I would sell on a phone.

Interview Questions

• What have you sold in the past that makes you think you would fit?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied for this position through a school portal for jobs. Received an e-mail from a recruiter describing the job and compensation. Ask to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview is to find out how comfortable you are with calling businesses. After the phone interview, recruiter reached out for an onsite interview. After onsite interview there was a final phone interview.

Interview Questions

• In the past how did you deal with criticism from you superiors?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Very smooth interview process. Phone interview, then in person interview, then a final short phone call to tell you more about the job and then you get the offer or do not. They do skype interviews so people do not have to travel. There are a few people interviewing with you at the in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied and was contacted via email to set up a time for a phone interview. The phone interview lasted between 10-15 minutes and it was very basic questions. I then got an email to interview in the office. The on site interview is divided into 2 parts. The first you go around and look at the sales floor with the recruiter and you watch a couple of videos. You then go into a one on one interview with a sales manager who ask’s you some basic questions and then to role play situation. Then a couple of days after the recruiter gets back to you and does a 2nd touch base on how you feel about the role and the company and if you think that Yelp I the right fit for you. A couple of weeks later they offered me the position. It is a long proceeds from the initial emailing back and forth to actually getting an offer.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application through career fair. They contacted me to complete a short coding challenge (15 min). I passed that and took a 45 minute Skype interview with an engineer. The questions were fairly doable. The interviewer was super nice and provided hints when I needed help with the coding question he gave me.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

There are three parts. Phone screen, On-site Interview, Phone Screen then a job offer.

I applied online and received an email about a week later asking if I was available for a quick phone call. The phone call was relatively easy. It was more of an conversation . I spoke with a manager and he just wanted to know a little more about my background.
    I was offered an on-site interview on the phone.

If you are offered an on- site interview please get there at least 15 minutes early. They will give you a tour and then you will be shown an video of the day in the life of a Yelper.

After you are shown the video they ask if you have any questions or comments. After that you have an interview with a manager.

I was only interviewed by one manager in person. She was really nice and pleasant and she asked me to pitch. After the pitch she will give you feedback about the pitch and ask you to pitch again to see if you are able to take feedback and implement it, I thought that was really cool and I did appreciate that.

After the interview. If you passed they will send you an email within a week or two. I think it took a week for me. The email basically said they would like to move on to the next step in the interview process and there will be videos in the email that you need to watch. WATCH THOSE VIDEOS AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE QUESTIONS. That is really important You will set up a call with a recruiter.

The last part of the interview is that the recruiter will call you and it will be conversation but you still need to be on your A game. The recruiter really just wants you to show enthusiasm, why you are interested in sales, Why Yelp, etc. It is a sales position, so make sure you are selling yourself and be chipper on the phone. And again make sure you watch those videos and have questions.

After the last and final phone interview, I got a call the next week saying that I got the job. I was super happy.

Overall a pretty easy process.

Overall it is a pretty easy interview. Just make sure you are enthusiastic, ask a lot of questions, and just be yourself.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Had a phone screen first and then three on site interviews. Did roleplaying and spoke about my affinity for Yelp. Overall very pleasant and respectful of my time. I received an offer pretty quickly after the interview portion was done.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

A very easy question on hackerrank.
    Recruiter then asked for resume and scheduled an online interview with a technical recruiter.
     Second round was an skype interview. Interviewer was very nice and kind, and question was fair but I did not answer well.

Interview Questions

• Replace all occurrences of a certain char in a string with another string.
      NDA for skype   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied for the position and received an email about a week later to schedule a phone interview for the following week. The initial email from the recruiter included information about the job to discuss during the phone interview. Phone interview was basic questions about my resume/work history, what i understand about the position, and questions about past successes/failure and how i handled them.

At the end of the phone interview, a second in-person interview was scheduled. This involved an interview with management including sales role-play. About two weeks after the interview, i received an offer.

Interview Questions

• A family member is hesitant to advertise with Yelp. How would you convince them utilize Yelp ad services?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you experienced failure and how you handled it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted for a 15 minute phone interview and asked to come in for an in-person interview. I went to the New York office and was given a tour and a small presentation with a group of other applicants. Then, we split into individual interviews where they asked to role play scenario where I had to sell Yelp advertising to a neighbor with a small business at a barbecue.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you're proud of that is not on your resume?   Answer Question