Yelp Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.9

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

One coding challenge followed by an HR call (Nothing technical, just brief overview of the entire process). Next was the telephonic interview, wherein I was asked about my past experience, a simple non-technical question (Eg. What would you do if your page loads slow), and a coding challenge on CoderPad

Interview Questions

• What would you do if your page loads slow
      Merge Interval
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview easy just explaination of the job and simple questions about cold calling and sales. Second interview was about a week later met with two people, one right after the other. Role play scenarios, basic sales, cold calling questions. Thought the process went well and enjoyed speaking to the two interviewers. I was shown the office and told I would get a call in a few days. Instead I got a no-reply email two days later.

Interview Questions

• A time you were put out of your comfort zone and was still sucessful.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

They sent me an email that they are interested in me. Then a week later phone appointment. It was pretty general straightforward questions. Then onsite interview a week later. That's where the deal is. An hour long interview. It was great. Everything was professional. Then I got the offer. Awesome. Love the whole process. Not a single problem.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied and received and email the next day to schedule a phone interview two weeks later. After the call (where I was asked about my interest in yelp and knowledge about the position), I was told that I would be contacted by a recruiter to set up an on site interview that would happen about a week later. At the office, I interviewed with two nice managers who made the process very comfortable. They were mainly making sure I understood the difficulties of the position my sling questions relating to how I would handle the high volume of calls and rejection. Two days after the interview O received an email informing me that I was being moved forward and scheduled another phone call with a recruiter two days later. During this call the recruiter basically did the same things in a shortened version (making sure I understood the position and was up for the challenge. At the end of the call she extended an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when it felt like you were failing and what did you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a 2 phone interviews and an in-person. It was odd because I had a phone interview, which was followed by an in person, which was then followed by another phone interview. There were 2 separate times where the hiring manager forgot to call me.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a very straightforward interview process and it was pretty fast. Their questions were pretty predictable and they are good about getting in touch with you in a reasonable amount of time.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about making 80 plus phone calls a day?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

First a phone call with basic info about the role, asking why I wanted to work at Yelp and what my background experience is. Then, second phone call with another member of the recruiting team that went into a bit more detail about the role, questions included why I wanted to get into sales, what I was looking for in my career. Next was a Skype interview (because I do not live in NYC) with two sales managers - one after the other. This got even more detailed, asking me what I know about their advertising package. We did some role play and they asked more difficult questions regarding my experience ("what was a time where you...". Finally, I received a call a week or so later with my initial contact asking what I thought about the whole process. Received my offer a week later and was given 2 weeks to think it over. Overall, very easy and positive experience. Thanks for everything!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you worked proactively in order to not let work pile up (a time you finished ahead of schedule) -- this is paraphrased, can't remember exactly   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and saw the job posting online. Upon applying, I received an email back about 2 weeks later and a phone interview was scheduled. At the end of the phone interview, I was told that I qualified to move onto the next step, which was a Skype interview.

Account Executive, Digital Advertising Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I first submitted an online application, just resume and a cover letter. I was then contacted by a sales manager who asked basic get to know you questions. Then I was asked to interview via Skype as I wasn't located in NY at the time. It's two interviews, one with a recruiter and one with a sales manager. They're conducted back to back and take only 20-30 minutes each. Very low stress and kind people.

Interview Questions

• Very typical interview process (tell me about yourself, why sales, why Yelp). Then a role play section. You are to pretend you're calling a local business trying to get in touch with the owner.   1 Answer

Junior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview consisted of 2 parts. Phone calls and then next round was Skype or in person. The in person involved 2 role plays- most important part is showing you can give feedback.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome a big challenge in your life?   1 Answer