Yelp Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

2.8

232 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

A very easy question on hackerrank.
    Recruiter then asked for resume and scheduled an online interview with a technical recruiter.
     Second round was an skype interview. Interviewer was very nice and kind, and question was fair but I did not answer well.

Interview Questions

• Replace all occurrences of a certain char in a string with another string.
      NDA for skype   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

There are three parts. Phone screen, On-site Interview, Phone Screen then a job offer.

I applied online and received an email about a week later asking if I was available for a quick phone call. The phone call was relatively easy. It was more of an conversation . I spoke with a manager and he just wanted to know a little more about my background.
    I was offered an on-site interview on the phone.

If you are offered an on- site interview please get there at least 15 minutes early. They will give you a tour and then you will be shown an video of the day in the life of a Yelper.

After you are shown the video they ask if you have any questions or comments. After that you have an interview with a manager.

I was only interviewed by one manager in person. She was really nice and pleasant and she asked me to pitch. After the pitch she will give you feedback about the pitch and ask you to pitch again to see if you are able to take feedback and implement it, I thought that was really cool and I did appreciate that.

After the interview. If you passed they will send you an email within a week or two. I think it took a week for me. The email basically said they would like to move on to the next step in the interview process and there will be videos in the email that you need to watch. WATCH THOSE VIDEOS AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE QUESTIONS. That is really important You will set up a call with a recruiter.

The last part of the interview is that the recruiter will call you and it will be conversation but you still need to be on your A game. The recruiter really just wants you to show enthusiasm, why you are interested in sales, Why Yelp, etc. It is a sales position, so make sure you are selling yourself and be chipper on the phone. And again make sure you watch those videos and have questions.

After the last and final phone interview, I got a call the next week saying that I got the job. I was super happy.

Overall a pretty easy process.

Overall it is a pretty easy interview. Just make sure you are enthusiastic, ask a lot of questions, and just be yourself.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

Streamlined process. Started with phone screening from recruiter, then a call with a sales manager. After that, one in person with 2 managers followed by an online presentation going over the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted for a 15 minute phone interview and asked to come in for an in-person interview. I went to the New York office and was given a tour and a small presentation with a group of other applicants. Then, we split into individual interviews where they asked to role play scenario where I had to sell Yelp advertising to a neighbor with a small business at a barbecue.

Interview Questions

• What is something that you're proud of that is not on your resume?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

Finished phone interview. Standard sales questions and background on resume. The initial phone conversation was about 15-30 minutes of smooth sailing. Haven't gone in for an on sight interview yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume (end of June 2017)
    Emailed back and forth with recruiting team (July 2nd 2017)
    Brief phone interview (July 11th 2017)
    In-office interview (July 25th 2017)
    Decision (July 27th 2017)

The reason I rated my interview with Yelp as a negative experience is detailed above. I spent an entire month going back and fourth with recruitment. The process took a very long time, and granted it was for the NYC office which I'm sure is in high demand for talent. It was a disappointing ending when after all the effort I had put into my interview process, I didn't get an offer. I left the in-office interview feeling very confident, the manager had even said "You'll definitely be hearing back from us!"
    I felt like things had gone over so well! But I digress. I don't believe this is any type of entry level position, even though they offer training. Have experience in cold-calling sales and you'll probably get the job. Although I don't have cold-calling experience, I have a lot of leadership experience and years of sales exposure. I guess I wasn't the right fit. In conclusion, be prepared to invest a lot of time in the interview experience and don't assume an outcome.

Interview Questions

• Your neighbor at the barbecue keeps getting Yelp sales call and he's stumped on how to deal with it, how do you convince him it's a good idea to invest in yelp?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was reached out to very soon after to schedule a phone interview. Had the interview the next week and was later reached out to attend an in-person interview. I went to the offices and was given a tour before the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you try to convince someone that buying ads on Yelp was a good idea?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted soon after. Scheduled a phone interview in two weeks time. The interview itself took 15 minutes and consisted mostly of basic HR questions. Pleasant overall experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

Began with a phone interview then after that it is a one hour with two different sales managers. They go through your resume and mainly focus on role playing a sales call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

First, a phone call for 15 minutes. I was asked to role play on my phone call, which normally doesn't occur. However, I got asked to the second round. The second round was a Skype interview where I spoke to two sales managers for 30 minutes about role playing, the company, the atmosphere, etc. Then, I had a third phone call.