KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Yelp Product Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 37 of over 2.9K interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Yelp

Application

I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

It was video call interview with HR first if selected goes to tech interview, then you get another interview with seniors for assesment about your experience then another final interview

Interview Questions
  • What do think the most important metric for a product manager
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Yelp

Application

I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

Round 1: Screening call with recruiter (straightforward fit and general knowledge questions) Round 2: Fit conversation with hiring manager (interest in product, digging into experience) Round 3: Onsite (5 rounds including case, situational, behavioural and technical questions)

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Yelp

Join the conversation on

Tech

1y

works at

Yelp

At Yelp we have “quarterlies” where we align with our manager on our growth over the quarter and if there is a “misalignment” in where we think I am then we chat about it to try and come to a mutual understanding. In my last two quarterlies I’ve felt like we’ve misaligned in multiple areas and I spent a ton of time explaining things that my manager didn’t know I did. So my question is… have you experienced something similar and what did you do to fix it. How can I gain visibility?

5 Comments

Join the conversation on

Yelp

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp

Interview

The initial phone screen was with the recruiter, and was simple enough. Then came an interview with one of the other Product Managers on the team who asked some case questions. The last round was a virtual on-site with 5+ hours of interviews

Interview Questions
  • How would you increase the number of reviews on Yelp by 10x in the next year?

Yelp

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp in Aug 2021

Interview

Applied online, got a contacted by their receuitment team within a week (or two) of applying. The recruiter was very helpful as they go through what's to be expected in the interview, how many rounds, types of questions, etc. I only did 1 round; I felt that there was limited match between their expected qualification and my experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Yelp

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp in Jul 2021

Interview

I have interviewed online. First interview was with HR with basic questions about background, framework I worked with and familarity with data. Second was with a PM which mainly covered basic questions with some specefic questions about the role.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a project you own it from ideaton to execution phase. How many Ads do you add in each listing page? (What are the parameters to decide the maximum ads per listing page?)

Yelp

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp in Feb 2021

Interview

Applied online and got a call from the HR recruiter after 2 weeks. Standard process, she spoke about the role and asked me basic resume and profile based questions. Told me the next round will be with a senior product manager and if cleared then 3 rounds of 45 min each with various internal employees from different teams. Second round the senior product manager asked various generic questions such as best product and how would you improve it. Projects I have worked on and challenges faced. Data driven decision making. What type of a product manager is best. Unfortunately received a rejection mail by next day. Overall Neutral experience

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (Toronto, ON) in Nov 2020

Interview

1. Recruiter reached out (I applied online) 2. Initial phone screen with basic questions (~2h) 3. Zoom interview about my experience and product-focused questions (~2h) 4. Longer zoom interview (5h) going over product case study with different people Went through a bunch of rounds and overall it was a very long interview process when it doesn't need to be. It felt like they were trying to copy larger tech companies. The interviews went well. I always ask for feedback at the end, and it was always positive. After that entire process, I never heard back. The recruiter ghosted me and I never heard from anyone else on the team. After putting in close to 10h for the interview process, I'd expect some feedback even if it's negative. Disappointed they didn't even reach out saying thank you for your time.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Tell me about your experience 2. Walk me through your product process 3. Scenario style questions 4. Long case study (~5h). with multiple people and teams
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (Toronto, ON) in Aug 2020

Interview

1. internal referral 2. call with HM: TBH i thought i performed terribly and was surprised to get a followup. zero questions on my background which is understandable since PM interviews are all about intellectual horsepower. did some case questions specific to my domain expertise 3. another call with fellow PM: case questions again both design and execution 4. final loop: met with 5 people (Business Strats, EM and PMs) again high focus on case studies both design, execution and analysis overall pretty hardcore and comprehensive interview process. in the middle the HM told me they're looking for a junior and lead PM. supposedly i fell right in between and wouldn't be a fit. i just hope they were a lot more firmer on this and cut me out in the beginning so i didn't to have to go all the way to the final to hear this. still, good practice that landed me a sick gig elsewhere.

Interview Questions
  • typical PM cases that you can find everywhere on the internet but with a Yelp twist
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (Toronto, ON)

Interview

Very bad interview experience I applied to Yelp via their website and was contacted by a recruiter for a screening call. Next round was directly with Hiring Manager. 30 min video call in which the manager came over 10 minutes late and interrupted me at the exact 30th minute saying they had to be someplace else. Received a reject soon after. The interviewer did not seem interested during the interview and the whole process just seemed like a waste of time.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamburg

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (Hamburg) in Jun 2019

Interview

The role itself is a bit ambiguous and changes its meaning from place to place. The interview was behavioral mostly with a little bit of guestimation. Cracking the PM interview helps but not to much extent. Past managerial experiences will come handy during the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 37 Interviews