Yelp Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 8, 2017

3.3

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Interview

Interview

make you do mock sales call on the first interview at the end, moves into a skype interview with multiple people, everyone was nice but interview a little grueling. be prepared

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online and saw the job posting online. Upon applying, I received an email back about 2 weeks later and a phone interview was scheduled. At the end of the phone interview, I was told that I qualified to move onto the next step, which was a Skype interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview. The questions were pretty tricky in the way that they were meant to stump you. The interview was relaxed in nature but it is important to be prepared on your answers.

Interview Questions

• What did you eat for lunch?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

Very behavioral for the first interview. The second was much longer and for sales you're asked more sales related questions. Be sure to read up on Yelp and know everything you can about the company. 3 rounds of interviews before decision was made.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY).

Interview

Basic interview process. Phone screening which lead to a Skype interview with two different employees who asked basic interview questions and then a third interviewer who asked to work through scenarios that could arise in the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you think has been your most valuable experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Sales Internship in San Francisco. I had some experience using Salesforce but I did not have former experience with sales via outbound phone calls. I applied online and I heard back after 1 week or so to schedule an initial phone screen with a recruiter in the East Coast. The interview was fairly behavioral, but I'm sure they're looking for someone who have some sort of phone sales experience because it's 95% of the job.

Interview Questions

• Why Yelp? What is Yelp? Pretend you're calling a local business and convince them to advertise with Yelp.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Quick 3 round interview from Sales professionals. Each round was roughly 10-15 minutes and consisted of mostly behavioral questions. However, the last question was a prompted assignment which I listed below. The process was a seamless skype process and with a lot of smiling and talking about chasing the deal. All three of my interviews were conducted by women. The first two interviews were from women who skyped in from New York and the last was from Arizona. Each one was friendly, introduced themselves and then outlined the process of the interview. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Assignment:

Find out everything you can about the Restaurant industry. Where are restaurants spending their money, time and resources to be found by customers. How would you position Yelp against those companies?

Be prepared to speak to your knowledge on this topic.   Answer Question

It was my back up.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yelp.

Interview

I applied online. About one month later, I received an email asking to schedule a phone interview. The preliminary phone interview was quick. They asked me what I knew about Yelp/to describe Yelp, then gave me a scenario for a possible sales situation. After saying what I would do in the situation, I then had to do it again based on the feedback they gave.

Interview Questions

• If someone missed a meeting with you (a potential client), what would you say in the voicemail you leave them afterwards?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yelp (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

3 step process.
    First two interviews were over the phone.
    Third was over Skype.

The Skype call consisted of three different calls. You speak with 3 different representatives and they all give you an example and you have to pretend you are cold calling. Be sure to practice beforehand.

Interview Questions

• They give you examples and you need to pretend you are cold calling.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yelp (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. I was interviewing for a position in which I couldn't meet in-person until school ended so everything was over the phone/Skype. If you make it past the phone screen you move on to another phone interview where you talk a little bit more about the role and do cold calling role plays. Pretty simple. Sometimes your role plays will be through Skype and then you usually find out soon if you got the position.