Yelp Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yelp Sales Manager Interview Questions

2.8

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview. Recruiter was very professional and informative. After a series of interview questions, the Recruiter will decide if they will set you up for further interviews.
I was set up with a Sr Sales and Sr Training Manager for another phone interview. They interviewed at different times, and asked different questions. They were very nice, but I was very surprised that they were in the positions that they were in. They weren't able to answer some basic questions about the position...kind of dodged some questions (not sure if they didn't know or didn't want to say).
They also informed me that I would be hired in as a sales rep for the first 3+ months, and eventually be moved to a sales manager (if I did well?)
They seem like a pretty fun company. Pay is average, and benefits are slightly below average (better than a start-up --- less than a Fortune company).
Overall, it is a decent position with a fun,growing company.

Interview Questions

• What metrics are you used to managing to?
    How many cold-calls are you used to making per day?
    What has been one of your biggest failures?
    How do you encourage the low performers to improve?
    How do you prioritize your day?
    Where do you see yourself in the future?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yelp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

Role Playing and Basic interview questions. I was told to pretend to call a manager of a salon and leave a voicemail after three other attempts to reach him/her. They gave me feed back and then i had a skype session. Two people. There was a 25 minute break in between interviews. it was off-putting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I interviewed at Yelp (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2013.

Interview

The interviews were easy... lots of mock sales with three different recruiters. The people there are very scottsdale snobby and kind of depressed. Made me really want to look at another job which i did.

Interview Questions

It seems like a horrible and depressing place to work... There is a great illusion going on. When out of high school kids are getting paid 30,000 a year or more you know there is a reason and its because working for yelp wont make you happy, and is a job you are always looking to find a way out of.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yelp (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview, Asked Questions about Sales and Customer Service experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

They called and we talked for about 10 minutes about my experience, knowledge, why I want to work for Yelp and why I would be good for Yelp.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yelp (Athens, OH) in September 2011.

Interview

The woman who interviewed me was very laid-back. She made you feel very comfortable because it seemed like a conversation. She asked the general questions (strengths, weaknesses, how you've improved upon your weaknesses, who do you look up to and why, etc.)

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yelp in April 2012.

Interview

During the interview they definitely want to hear how much you love sales. About 3 questions that they asked me basically required the answer to be about how interested I was in working with sales for the rest of my career.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yelp in August 2011.

Interview

I was called and asked a series of interview questions

The salary was too low