Find jobs for Software Engineer New Grad

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Yelp Software Engineer New Grad Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 48 of over 2.9K interviews

Recruiter5%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Yelp

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp in Mar 2021

Interview

Hackerrank challenge followed by a call with a recruiter. Then, an techinical phone screen of average difficulty followed by and onsite of total of 4 interviews which cover both technical interviews (think DS, algo + system design) and behavioural interviews. Everyone is very friendly, company heavily focuses on maintaining good WLB for employees and developing interesting product features.

Interview Questions
  • Algorithm and data structures based questions
    1 Answer

Yelp

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp in Sep 2019

Interview

After applying, I was sent a HackerRank challenge and given a video interview with an engineer. They flew me onsite for 4 back to back interviews (2 behavioral interviews, 1 technical, 1 system design).

Interview Questions
  • Similar question to https://leetcode.com/problems/top-k-frequent-words/
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about Yelp

Join the conversation on

Tech

1y

works at

Yelp

At Yelp we have “quarterlies” where we align with our manager on our growth over the quarter and if there is a “misalignment” in where we think I am then we chat about it to try and come to a mutual understanding. In my last two quarterlies I’ve felt like we’ve misaligned in multiple areas and I spent a ton of time explaining things that my manager didn’t know I did. So my question is… have you experienced something similar and what did you do to fix it. How can I gain visibility?

5 Comments

Join the conversation on

Yelp

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp in Aug 2019

Interview

First I was given a fairly simple hacker rank question to be completed in 20 minutes. Then the next step was to complete a 45 minute video interview over coderpad. The first time the call was scheduled, they sent me a faulty coderpad link, so I had to reschedule it. The second time the call was scheduled, my interviewer didn't show up. Overall I don't know what it is, but terrible interview experience that just wasted my time.

Interview Questions
  • The hacker rank was a pretty easy string/json parsing question.

Yelp

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp in Aug 2019

Interview

Phone interview was a graph question. Onsite consisted of 4 rounds. Data structure, system design and 2 behavioral rounds. Very friendly interviewers and the process was smooth. Recruiter is very professional and considerate.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (London, England) in Jul 2019

Interview

Got HackerRank a couple days after applied online. Pretty straightforward. Then phone screen with HR asking bunch of general questions. Then got to a technical interview with an engineer, which is a coding question, start with a simple one and add functions to it. Got an email that night to set up an onsite interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

Phone screen interview with an employee. First introduce yourself and go over the resume really quickly. Then open the HankRank do the coding problem. Although I finished the coding problem, still fail the interview, really confused.

Interview Questions
  • Asked one algorithm question and solve it with backtracking.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in Nov 2018

Interview

20 minute Hackerrank prescreen, reached out for a 45 minute technical Skype interview with an engineer one week later. Took about a week after I sent my availability to confirm the time of the Skype interview. Very flexible in rescheduling this interview when I realized I was double-booked. This interview was quite easy, and seemed mostly to give an idea of how collaboration is at Yelp. About a week later, the recruiter reached out with an onsite offer. The onsite was 4 interviews: 2 behavioral, 2 technical (one system design, one algorithms). The engineers were friendly and acted as good sounding boards. After the onsite, my recruiter was very respectful of my deadlines and rushed the process, getting back to me with a decision just three days after my onsite.

Interview Questions
  • Design a system for calculating and displaying a small new feature on a Yelp business page.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in Oct 2018

Interview

Submitted my resume when they came on campus. Was sent a Hackerank OA - it was easy but only had 15 minutes to solve it. Got a Skype interview call a week later. This was a technical interview. After some days, received an email for an onsite. Four back-to-back rounds on-site: two technical and two behavioral rounds. Received an offer a week and a half later. All the interviewers were friendly and the whole process is very transparent and quick.

Interview Questions
  • Given a list of tuples representing (testID,testTime), and a value T, schedule as many tests within the time T.
  • Randomly pair up list of users.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

First applied online, after 2 months got an online coding. Then talked to recruiter about interests and little about resume, then set up a phone interview with an engineer. Onsite interview, 4 rounds with 4 engineers.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yelp (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2018

Interview

began with email saying to take 20 min hacker rank question, then response within a week and chat over email, then interview over stream and solve code problems with choice of language, then on site tour and interview

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 48 Interviews