Yeo & Yeo Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Yeo & Yeo

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at Yeo & Yeo

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yeo & Yeo (Lansing, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted for a phone interview. Straightforward chat about myself and my career goals not heavily laden with behavioral stuff. Followed with a meeting at the office with the HR person. Similar to the phone interview, lasted about 1.5 hours. Last step was a lunch with the partner and the same HR person. Was very casual, really just a personality test. A positive experience, overall.

Interview Questions

• I was given a lot of time to ask my own questions, for which i was slightly under prepared.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yeo & Yeo.

Interview

The interview went well. I sat and talked with some of the partners about the position and it was overall very comfortable. They were all easy to talk to and made me feel welcomed. You are given an aptitude test that isn't too bad, just do your best.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yeo & Yeo (Auburn Hills, MI).

Interview

Personal interview with office recruiter, then a second personal interview with the partner running the office. The bulk of the questions were behavioral in nature. They were not very concerned with skill or knowledge of tax, they were looking for a "good fit" with their current staff.
    I felt hesitation from the interviewer when I asked them about turn over. I asked one of the staff about turn over and was told that the majority of the turn over occurs because of better opportunities elsewhere, which seemed like a warning sign. Overall I felt everyone was very professional.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were about how I have handled stressful work situations in the past.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yeo & Yeo (Saginaw, MI) in September 2017.

Interview

The first interview I had was on my college campus with the firm's Talent Manager. It was mix of regular and behavioral interview questions, and lasted about 30 minutes. She was friendly, and it was an easy-going process. I was called in a few days later to interview at the office where I wanted to work. I interviewed with a manager and principal. It was very comfortable and conversational, and took about 45 minutes, and they asked what my typical workday was like. Afterwards, the manager gave me a tour of the office, and told me when I'd hear from the firm, and the next steps in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yeo & Yeo (Lansing, MI) in October 2017.

Interview

Sent in my resume and cover letter online, was contacted by HR within about 2 weeks, phone interview lasted about 20 minutes with mostly behavioral questions. Interviewed in person about 2 weeks after that. Very comfortable meeting with the principal, extremely friendly and easy to talk to. That interview lasted about an hour with an array of different questions like 'what would your siblings say is your best characteristic? worst?' 'how do you like to be managed?' and more

Interview Questions

• How many years do you think it would take you to be comfortable leading a full audit engagement from start to finish without needing guidance from anybody?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flint, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yeo & Yeo (Flint, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

Before the interview they had me take a small accounting test. I believe it was 12 questions long. After that, the interview went very well. It went very smooth, both people interviewing me were very friendly as well. It seemed like a very nice place to work, wish I would have got this job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saginaw, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yeo & Yeo (Saginaw, MI) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview started off by getting asked basic interview questions. Some examples were what are your strengths and weaknesses and where do you see yourself 5 years down the road. Then they asked me any of my past accounting experience. At the end of the interview they had me take the wonderlick test. After that they showed me around the office and I got to talk to the employees and ask them any questions about the company.

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yeo & Yeo.

Interview

Overall, it was a very comfortable interview. The interviewer was very professional but also very "down to earth." Overall a very good experience...I really hope I get the job offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you like to be managed?
      Tell me about your previous job.
      What are some things you find to be frustrating in the workplace?
      Why are you interested in public accounting?   Answer Question

Entry Level Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yeo & Yeo (Grand Rapids, MI) in September 2015.

Interview

Really conversational, not too many questions. The interviewer was really comfortable and gave me some tips on my suit. He was a really nice guy and didn't make me feel bad about anything.

Interview Questions

Yeo & Yeo Response

Sep 30, 2015 – Marketing Communications Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to review your on campus interview at Grand Valley State University. At Yeo & Yeo we are passionate about our upcoming leaders and believe mentoring begins from day one... More

Audit Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Yeo & Yeo in September 2012.

Interview

It was a very straightforward interview. She asked general behavior based questions and spoke a lot about what the firm had to offer. It started with a 1:1 interview with an HR manager and then moved on to an office visit at the Lansing office to meet partners and other higher-ups. Not a difficult process. Very nice staff.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your family or friends to describe you, what would they say?   Answer Question