Yeshiva University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

One in person interview that was quick (half hour) with three faculty members followed by an Excel computer skills test and a document formatting exercise. The interview questions were standard with no curve balls or anything unexpected. The only thing that threw me off was that is was very quick and cut short towards the end because they had another candidate scheduled to come in immediately after.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job and what is your long term plan and goals?   1 Answer

Student Library Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Very easy. You sit in an office and the head librarian asks you what year you are in YU/RIETS. Additionally, you need a reference, but if you put down as a reference someone the library knows of (which is most of the rabbinical staff) then you're in.

Secretary Ll Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I met with the Dean of students whom I would be working for. He asked me lots of questions, told me what he needed asked me if I think I could handle it and I said yes, at that time I was sent to HR to fill out my forms and was hired.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a very busy office if someone walked in while I was on the phone?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

After I sent my resume through their portal, it was about two weeks until I received an email with the interview request. I met with three people for about an hour. They were very personable and knowledgeable. I felt well prepared and they listened carefully to my responses and answered my questions thoroughly. From the interview, Yeshiva University seems like a wonderful place to work.

Interview Questions

• What about my background makes me a good fit for this job?   Answer Question

Director of Advertising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied in July and was first contacted at the end of August. I had a phone interview with HR and was invited back for the 2nd round in September. The 2nd round consisted of meeting with HR in person, and then 2 more meetings with 4 professionals. It was a fine process, everyone was very pleasant and professional. My only complaint is that after such an intense interview process it would have been nice if they followed up with me in some way or another, if only to just tell me that the position has been filled.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Just one interview in the YU finance department. It probably lasted 20 minutes no longer. It was a brief and very easy interview. It was led by the Director of Accounting along with one of the senior accountant staff whom didn't really know much about interviewing. Then I heard back from the director of accounting after 2 weeks later I believe.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why you interested in this role? What do you know about the YU Finance department?   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

first round met HR, second round met web service manager and interactive director. About 70% are behavior questions, and 30%are technical questions. Nice conversation. Simple but professional. Q: Why do you think this position is good fit for you? What does you supervisor say about you?

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I received many questions regarding scenarios that would happen in the dorms and outside. A good interview should go for about 45 minutes and make sure to thank the interview for their time afterwards.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Simple and professional. An application to HR and then set up time with the party to whom you will report. Dean is wonderful and a real mentsch! I was most impressed with his honesty and integrity as he was willing to reveal the limitations of the position and the challenges one is likely to face.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to mesh your talents with this role   1 Answer

TA Interview

Interview

You have to go in knowing the class and knowing what is important to the teacher. It it not enough to know all of the matirial. You have to be excited about it as well. The teacher wants to have someone with passion as well. it pay to do your research. look at what other classes in other schools are doing and try to to show her those ideas. that shows intiative

Interview Questions

• What would change about my teaching style   1 Answer

Negotiation

akward but open and understanding. if they want you, they will work with you.