Yeshiva University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 15, 2016

2.5

Secretary Ll Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

I met with the Dean of students whom I would be working for. He asked me lots of questions, told me what he needed asked me if I think I could handle it and I said yes, at that time I was sent to HR to fill out my forms and was hired.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a very busy office if someone walked in while I was on the phone?   Answer Question

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

After I sent my resume through their portal, it was about two weeks until I received an email with the interview request. I met with three people for about an hour. They were very personable and knowledgeable. I felt well prepared and they listened carefully to my responses and answered my questions thoroughly. From the interview, Yeshiva University seems like a wonderful place to work.

Interview Questions

• What about my background makes me a good fit for this job?   Answer Question

Director of Advertising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied in July and was first contacted at the end of August. I had a phone interview with HR and was invited back for the 2nd round in September. The 2nd round consisted of meeting with HR in person, and then 2 more meetings with 4 professionals. It was a fine process, everyone was very pleasant and professional. My only complaint is that after such an intense interview process it would have been nice if they followed up with me in some way or another, if only to just tell me that the position has been filled.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

first round met HR, second round met web service manager and interactive director. About 70% are behavior questions, and 30%are technical questions. Nice conversation. Simple but professional. Q: Why do you think this position is good fit for you? What does you supervisor say about you?

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I received many questions regarding scenarios that would happen in the dorms and outside. A good interview should go for about 45 minutes and make sure to thank the interview for their time afterwards.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Simple and professional. An application to HR and then set up time with the party to whom you will report. Dean is wonderful and a real mentsch! I was most impressed with his honesty and integrity as he was willing to reveal the limitations of the position and the challenges one is likely to face.

Interview Questions

• How will you be able to mesh your talents with this role   1 Answer

TA Interview

Interview

You have to go in knowing the class and knowing what is important to the teacher. It it not enough to know all of the matirial. You have to be excited about it as well. The teacher wants to have someone with passion as well. it pay to do your research. look at what other classes in other schools are doing and try to to show her those ideas. that shows intiative

Interview Questions

• What would change about my teaching style   1 Answer

Negotiation

akward but open and understanding. if they want you, they will work with you.

Resident Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in April 2014.

Interview

You apply with a project and a couple essays, you then proceed to have a 2 on one interview with the heads of housing, if they like you they will call you back for the group interview with roughly 30-40 others and following that they will give you a week or two and then let you know if you received the position.

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yeshiva University.

Interview

Interviewed with my immediate boss and one level up. Fairly straight forward. Expectations were expressed and abilities were probed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated with HR. Don't be timid - they do their job, so you do yours. Will not affect your relationship with the boss.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yeshiva University (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

After submitting a resume, I was called to discuss the opportunity. It was a simple conversation with a few questions. Then. I was asked to come into the office and I met with my would-be boss. Interview went well, questions were pointed but not too difficult.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were standard, since this was a relatively easy position. I was asked:

Tell me about yourself.
      Can you perform the functions.
      What do you want to do while you are here, other than the duties described.
      Answer Question