Yesware Agile Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Yesware

1 Interview Review

Agile Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yesware (Boston, MA) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process at Yesware was one of the most accommodating that I've had. After applying online, I was quickly reached out to by a recruiter for a phone screen. From the start, the overall tone was very welcoming and relaxed. The phone screen was a candid conversation to learn more about my background / interests and the position and company.

Soon after, I was contacted to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. Similar to the phone screen, it was an opportunity to have an open conversation about the position and how my background/interests may fit. The entire call was very conversational and didn't feel like a rigid, formal interview. Questions and answers flowed naturally throughout the conversation.

From there, I was scheduled for an on-site interview (2.5 hours) where I met 1:1 with 5 team members (recruiter, hiring manager, founder/CTO, and team members the role would work closely with). They were very accomodating with my schedule being that I was leaving for vacation and was only able to select from one of their options.

Upon arrival, I was greated and taken to a conference room. Each interviewer had their own style, but the overall approach was relaxed and focused on my past experience and how I would handle certain situations. What I appreciated is that the questions weren't scripted or your typical behavioral/scenario-based ones. Questions arose naturally through each discussion with a few specific ones popping up here and there. You could tell that the questions were focused on me, and they took the time to review my resume and background before hand.

At the conclusion of the morning, the recruited gave me a tour of the office where I got to see the space (and perks!). It was around lunch time, and a good number of people were socializing and eating together (which is a nice thing to see!).

By end of week, I was given an offer. The offer was not unexpected. In fact, the overall range and expectations were transparent from the start. After a few days to think, I ultimately decided not to leave my current employer due to a change of events that occured after my on-site interview.

Overall, my experience with Yesware was outstanding, and the decision to not accept was not easy. If my employer's unexpected need hadn't arisen, I would have joined the team in a minute!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever dealt with a situation where you had to work with differing personalities? How do you handle navigating those conversations?

Have you ever had a challenging situation with a software engineer? How did you handle it?   Answer Question