Yesware Customer Success Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yesware Customer Success Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Yesware

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yesware (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very odd. I had an interview scheduled and then got a call, but I didn't get any information about the role. I was just told that I was over qualified for the role and that the company would reach out again potentially in a few months when there was something that matched my skill set more. I am a bit disappointed. The interviewer just kept talking about salary, but never asked how much I currently make, or mentioned how much the role paid. In reality, I would have loved to have at least interviewed, even if it was a step down for my level of experience. I knew that it was a bit below what I was looking for based on the experience listed, but the opportunity to work for a flourishing company was really what I was after. It's a shame that I wasn't given the opportunity to even at least hear a bit more about the role and make the decision for myself if I wanted to move forward or not.

I left a voicemail to see if I could try to get more information after the initial call. I was a bit thrown off by the initial call that I didn't really know how to react when I was told that I was over qualified. There are certainly worse things that I could have been told. But in any case, the opportunity to make the choice on my own would have been nice.

Would I apply or try again? Absolutely, I would just make sure to be a bit more direct and ask for clarity. It was just a strange occurrence.

Other Interview Reviews for Yesware

Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yesware (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

The whole interview process was a surprisingly positive experience. I submitted my resume and admittedly, it took a long enough time for someone to reach out to me that I thought for sure I wasn't in the running. But eventually, the Director of Talent emailed saying she liked my resume and wanted to do an initial phone screen. In her email, she included a link which allowed me to select a time to meet with her and book the phone interview right online.

The phone interview was pretty standard. She explained more about the position and asked generally about my experiences and what my salary requirements were. Once we agreed it felt like a good fit for both of us, she invited me in for an interview. They were very flexible and accommodating with my schedule and understanding that I needed to take time off work to come in. She asked me for three hours of my time, which terrified me, but my terror was needless.

I arrived at the Boston office in the morning and actually ended up riding the elevator with the Director of Talent, both of us flustered from an unpleasant ride on the T. After commiserating about awful public transportation, she showed me around their amazing office. I was nervous but she was so friendly and felt so much like a "real person," I was starting to feel more at ease.

The interview itself was six half hour meetings with various people from the Customer Success ecosystem. There were no crazy questions that you so often hear about tech companies asking. Each meeting was very much a conversation and you could tell they were truly looking for someone who would be a good fit both professionally and personally. While it was a little intense having back to back interviews for three hours, by the end of the second interview, I was no longer nervous and when I was done, I actually thought to myself, "That was fun!" The Director of Talent came in afterwards and just checked in with me to make sure I was still feeling interested in the position and answered any last questions I had and let me know in the spirit of transparency, they had interviewed a few other people that week and were going to talk about it and decide the following day.

The following afternoon she gave me a call and informally offered me the position so that I wouldn't be waiting in suspense, and a couple hours later, I received the official offer letter via email. The interview process was painless, the Director of Talent was there for me every step of the way and very personable, and the actual interview meetings were fun and not at all intimidating. I definitely felt like it was as much me interviewing them as them interviewing me. While I can't speak to what it's like to actually work there, I can say that after interviewing, I wanted to work there so much more than when I initially applied and I'm so excited to be joining Yesware!

Interview Questions

• They just asked questions about my experiences, the usual "tell me about yourself," and asked questions relevant to their needs in whatever part of the Customer Success ecosystem to which they belonged.   Answer Question