Yik Yak Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yik Yak Interview Questions

Interviews at Yik Yak

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yik Yak in November 2014.

Interview

I had an interview through an interview app. They ask the questions and you have 2 minutes to respond with an answer. I enjoyed it.It was through an app, but you could also do it from your computer and the website. They send you the link and give you two days in order to complete it.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yik Yak (Atlanta, GA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was online through an interview website. It recorded your answer to questions it asked 1 minute before. It was very impersonal and awkward talking to no-one and staring at yourself. The questions were very simple only asked about the app and yourself.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe the app?   1 Answer
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yik Yak in August 2015.

Interview

One way video interview. Questions pop up, you get some time to formulate a response and 30 seconds or so to respond completely. There are no retakes or redos. Quick process, takes maybe 10-20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe Yik Yak?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yik Yak (Wilmington, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty simple. There was a video interview that asked pretty basic questions. Unfortunately, upon finishing my interview, I never heard from them again. I think this is unprofessional and unfair.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yik Yak (San Francisco, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

It was a brief interview online. There is no one on the other side except a camera, answers are recorded. Asks 3-4 questions and you have a time limit to answer each question.

Interview Questions

• How would you market YikYak on campus and gain more users on the app?   Answer Question

Brand Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Yik Yak (Chicago, IL) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied in May, got an interview in August. Interviewed through a video recording site -- no live person on the other end. The website prompts questions and allows 30-60 seconds for each response. Honestly much more awkward than any regular interview I've done, but the questions were not hard and process was quick.

Marketing Manager Europe Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yik Yak (Atlanta, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I invested many hours in my Yik Yak Interview.
    After two Skype interviews with the headhunter that initially contacted me, I was interviewed by one member of the Yik Yak team via Google Hangout. So far the questions were rather easy.
    I was then sent documents to translate, an interview sheet to fill out and a copywriting "test" I had to absolve and send back.
    I then had another Google Hangout interview with 4 people in a row without a break, taking over two hours. The questions were a lot more specific and harder to answer, but everyone was very friendly
    They then never got back to me after easily taking 10 hours of my time and never responded to my email again. Very unprofessional and not at all appreciative of my time and work.

User Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Yik Yak (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

First, I did a video interview, where I recorded myself and i was asked some questions. After that, I got a set up with a phone interview. Lastly, I had a face-to-face interview with 7 people at their offices in Atlanta. I thought the interview went well. I had to take a typing test and write out an email reply. I figured I would get the role, but I didn't. After weeks of being denied, they updated the position on their website, and I figured I was overqualified.

Campus Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Yik Yak (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

First I received an email with a link to an on demand web interview, then I was able to do a few practice questions and then record my response. The interview was a little awkward as there is no one to interact with. But it was really quick and not at all time consuming. It is mostly to see the personality of the candidate and did not ask many questions about your qualifications.