Yodle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.4

Customer Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

I initially had a call with a HR team member. Once that call was completed and I answered the questions they required - I was then interviewed by three people at the office. Two managers and one being a lead on the team I would work with. I was interviewed in one day and then received a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What was a negative experience I had in CS and how did I handle it?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

lol the entire process is a joke and lets be real here, if you have a pulse and can read, you can get hired.

The hiring manager is a try hard exhipster who seems a bit jealous of an actual resume with experience beyond baby sitting. Is insanely disrespectful to potential candidates and the pay is laughable. The ad for the job is deceptive, but so are the sales practices. The overall ethics of the company seem to be lacking as well. Explains the high turnover rate and poor sales numbers. Yodle is like the Kia dealership of internet marketing.

How to get hired:
    Be young. Fill out online app. Dumb yourself down a bit on app to not scare HR. Phone call to schedule time to come in. Go in. Make sure you take the free coffee or water to make the drive worth your time! Job shadow for a bit. See unethical sales practices. Go to interview with tryhard hipster. Laugh at pay rate. Answer a few low level mundane job questions. Leave.

Protip: You can make better money at Whataburger.

Interview Questions

• How many other offers do you have?   1 Answer
    • Can you read? (Actual question)   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle in March 2017.

Interview

Internal recruiter reached out, I scheduled an interview with the recruiter and the recruiter never called. I emailed the recruiter 15 minutes after our interview was supposed to start asking whether or not we were going to have the interview or if we needed to reschedule. Recruiter didn't get back to me until 2 days later, we rescheduled and the recruiter never called again.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview : really simple getting to know you type questions.
    Technical Interview: They will ask you about your personal projects and then a coding test. The coding test was simple but I had less than 30 mins and its just difficult to code under that kind of pressure for me. Practice your coding

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yodle in February 2017.

Interview

A very good experience. Initially a phone interview (mostly standard questions and explanation of the position), and then an in-person interview within a day or two if you get past the phone interview.

The in-person visit (at the office) consisted of shadowing another rep. to observe how they make outbound calls for 20-30 minutes. Afterwards, you meet with the hiring manager for a deeper explanation of the role and to answer questions. You also are asked to role play and provide responses to questions (with a script). They are simply looking to observe your ability to read and articulate smoothly. They want to determine how you sound (tonal inflection) and how you respond to an impromptu set of questions. Overall, a pretty straight forward process. The manager was very amicable and the experience went very well.

Interview Questions

• 1) Why Yodle? 2) Tell me about yourself.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a very good experience. The two gentlemen that I went through the process with were professional and made you feel welcome and relaxed. I was given a walk through on a portion of the sales floors,. During the walk through they explained about the company and what the areas were. It was a good experience. Extremely nice people and the employees on the phones were really friendly. The company has a high energy level and it carries over.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX).

Interview

The interview itself easy interview. First they will call you and do a short phone interview and will then schedule you to come in face to face. First you will be asked to shadow another rep on the phones for about 20 min. They will then take you to an interview room describe the job to you, ask you a few standard interview questions then ask you to read a script. They will hire anyone with any background. They just want to know if you are willing to make dials all day, talk to people all day and get hung up on.

Interview Questions

• What is more important to you: respect or money??   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC) in December 2016.

Interview

One face to face interview. The interview lasted about an hour and included time shadowing an employee and a computer literacy test. I was offered the job after the interview. This position has a high turnover.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

It started would with getting a tour of the facility. After that, I shadowed a team member to get an idea of what the day-to-day looks like. You just listen in on the headset and pretty much just observe the cold calling and following the script. Then you meet with a senior recruiter who asks you normal questions you're asked for entry-level sales interviews. Nothing too surprising, it's a really straightforward process.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? How do you keep a good attitude when dealing with rejection? Do you feel comfortable following our script?   Answer Question

Software Engineering - NYC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website. After sending my resume, the HR contacted me after 3 weeks. She asked me about what I am doing now? Why am I looking for another position while I am already working. She explained about what Yodle does and their tech stack. The recruiter told me the different stages of the interview process. No technical questions from the HR. I liked the recruiter's attitude and liked the fact that the recruiter didn't ask me questions like what I experienced couple of years ago.

Interview Questions

• Coding test was through codepad. The tech lead of the software engineering team in Austin and another developer called me and gave me the link for coding test (coderpad.com).

The goal was to fix code so that when it is run, it shows result as true.

Read a long string and find the count of words and then sort the words in descending order based on its frequency.

Collections. sort(), comparable interface, Collections.reverse() - some of the functions used for this.

Finally got the code to run and got the expected result.

Then asked me to explain Big O notation for my algorithm.
      1 Answer