Yodle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

77 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Success Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Although I was disappointed that the position I applied for was filled, I was surprised to be offered a non position specific interview.

The general questions helped identify future opportunities as well. Excellent follow-up and overall interest in the candidate.

Full Stack Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone screening and round of 6 interviews onsite.

Interviews were medium in terms of difficulty. However, they never reimbursed my trip expenses and just kept ignoring my emails. Do not accept or commit to traveling to NYC unless they actually pay or book your trip.

Interview Questions

• Design Elevator communication between panel and the actual lift.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by an in-house recruiter, and the process moved very quickly from start to finish in just ten days. Everything was very professional. There was an initial phone interview with the hiring manager, and then he scheduled an onsite interview through the in-house recruiter. I was scheduled to meet with six people: three quantitative engineers, the hiring manager, and two marketing types. First, I met with two of the engineers, then the hiring manager, and then another engineer. I did not interview with the two marketers because they were in a meeting later, which I interpreted as a bad sign.

The first interviewer threw me the HORSE question, and I thought to myself, Oh God, here we go lol. But I was surprised to get a couple of the formulas right, but right there I knew this interview was going to be a challenge. The next interviewer asked me about SQL, queries, and then a question for estimating pi. I chose importance sampling but couldn't remember the formula for the graph of a circle: x^2 + y^2 = r^2. The interviewer told me that the formula was x^2 + y^2 = 1, but that was wrong, so the program did not end up working. He said "this is tedious", and at that point I could feel myself going down in flames. By the way, if you want to estimate pi, just sample x and y over the uniform distribution, and then count the number of hits within the circle relative to an enclosing square. That number will approach pi / 4. So, after doing your sampling for N, just multiply by 4 and you will get an estimate for pi.

The next interviewer was the hiring manager, and he asked about my experiences in development, solving problems, and working with teams. His questions were very insightful, and he was a good listener. He pushed for clarification, and that is a sign of a good manager. I really enjoyed speaking with him, as he has worked his way up through Yodle for many years. Good dude.

My final interviewer was another quantitative engineer who was very personable and friendly and quite brilliant. His question was suppose that you had images that were 1000 x 1000 pixels in dimension and that there were millions of these images. If you selected one image, how would you find the 15-20 images that were most similar to the original? Clearly, simple distance calculations would not work, so your job was to figure out an efficient algorithm to find the nearest images relatively quickly, all in 20 minutes lol. In any case, I really enjoyed the interviews but realize that some of the challenges have become ridiculous. Everyone is looking for the perfect candidate, when in fact very few people can meet these challenges, including the interviewers themselves.

The day after the interview, I got a telephone call from the recruiter saying that she spoke to the hiring manager and the feedback was that I was "not technical enough", but they wanted me to keep them posted of my progress. Why? I hung up and thought, man this is a strange world we live in.

Interview Questions

• You are playing a game of HORSE with a replica of yourself, so your shooting percentage is probability p (for the both of you). The rules are that if you make a basket and your replica misses, then you win the game. If your replica makes the basket and you miss, then you lose. If you both miss, then you start over again. What is the expected probability that you will win the game?   Answer Question

Database Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

I had a pre-screening call. Followed by which I had a technical phone interview. The last round was supposed to be 1:1 interview. But unfortunately I couldn't get through the technical interview.

Interview Questions

• Logical question involving cards   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied online and did not hear from anyone for days. Went to the website and used their contact form to ask the status. Received a call shortly after. Asked me basic things about why I wanted the job, previous work history, and why I was qualified. They setup an interview for me to talk with the Sales Manager in NYC and "possibly" with another person.

Met with the manager and was immediately taken back by how weird he seemed. Kind of robotic and a bit on the cold side. Not sure if that was intentional. I prepared a bunch of questions and he answered them all as if he was feeding me sales lines he had said a million times to his clients. Weird. Interview ended (didn't meet with anyone else) and I was told I would hear from the woman who called me initially.

A week later, didn't hear from anyone. I emailed the woman.

Nothing.

I called and she wasn't available. I left a message.

Called again a few days later and she told me they decided not to go with me. Confused as to why they couldn't just email me this news.

Later on I get a call from Yodle again from a new person. He leaves me a message saying to call him back.

I do. It turns out he found my resume and wants to set me up to meet the manager in NYC... wow. Thanks.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your last client interaction. How did you close him?   Answer Question

Quantitative Develooer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yodle in January 2010.

Interview

there is first a phone interview with an recruiter and then a phone interview with the team manager. During the onsite, I met four people from the group, each has different tests from algorism to code test.

Applications Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Yodle (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

Written,followed by One on one interview,mostly about your current profile and day to day activity in depth.The interview was about 45 mins long followed by a rjection.

Interview is easy to crack

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yodle (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

I went to a hiring open house and it was a speed interview.

The company is young and tries to come across as ultra hip. The tour included bragging about their conference room set up for beer Pong and their many happy hour events.

The speed interviewing was more like a game. It was fun, but not very professional.

The place had the feel of a preschool call center.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone interview : really simple getting to know you type questions.
    Technical Interview: They will ask you about your personal projects and then a coding test. The coding test was simple but I had less than 30 mins and its just difficult to code under that kind of pressure for me. Practice your coding

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle in March 2017.

Interview

Internal recruiter reached out, I scheduled an interview with the recruiter and the recruiter never called. I emailed the recruiter 15 minutes after our interview was supposed to start asking whether or not we were going to have the interview or if we needed to reschedule. Recruiter didn't get back to me until 2 days later, we rescheduled and the recruiter never called again.