Yodle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yodle Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.4

Customer Success Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

I submitted my resume and received a call the next day for a phone interview. This went really well and I had a fantastic conversation with the HR rep. Then I got a call the next day to set up an in person interview with the 2 Hiring Mgrs. This was a 30 minute scheduled, but went an hour. It went really well so I was not surprised that I got a call that same day for a third interview with their manager. This was via phone as she is in Austin. Of course no one told me this and I thought I had another in person interview. I showed up at the Charlotte office and no one knew what I was talking about. Also they do not give you the last names of who you will speak to and the manager had a fairly common name.

I called the HR rep who then tells me the interview is by phone with a manager in Austin. Oops. However, she did not even have me on her schedule. I was told she would call me in an hour. It took me 45 minutes to get there and I rushed home. There were no apologies from anyone about the mix up

Despite everything, the conversation during the third interview went well. The manager said I would hear back either way by the middle of the following week. Of course I had been hearing this all along. Since they got back to me so quickly before and I was confident in my ability and the vibe of the interview that I would receive an offer. When I told the manager how interested I was in the position she said "Well you made it this far, so that's a great sign!" Again I totally thought I would get an offer.

The middle of the following week comes and I hear nothing so I sent an email inquiry. No reply. I waited until the start of the following week and sent a second email. This time the HR rep replied saying they decided to go with someone else. They acted like they were in a hurry to fill the role and I am more qualified for the role. Note: The job is still posted as a new posting.

So my experience was negative. You should never get to the third round in an interview process and then receive no word after promising a status update. I had to email them twice to get a reply. I doubt they would have sent me anything if I did not follow-up. I also did not like the mix up in the scheduling of the third interview. I bought a new outfit for it, which I did not need since it was via phone. Perhaps if they gave me a last name, the people in the Charlotte office would know the manager was in Austin. I felt they did not respect my time and the lack of follow-up for third round candidate was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• What are your ambitions? Would you like to be in a management role someday?
      Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer...(note: I got asked this in all 3 interviews)
      What did you like the most and the least about your last job?
      Tell me about yourself...
      Answer Question

Helpdesk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very unorganized review process with 6 different people asking the same questions, don't know how a bunch of unintelligent people run that site but they do. Didn't offer me water until an hour+ into the interview. Place was a dirty and unorganized mass of 600+ Austinites trying to all fish in the same hole. Very unprofessional atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What kind of environment do you like to work in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

Interview

Starts with a 15 minute phone interview, but can be much longer. For me, the interviewer did not even call at the scheduled time and it was not until I reached out via email that we rescheduled for the next day... which the recruiter was to as well. Questions were basic at first, but quickly transitioned to typical behavioral interview questions.
    Afterwards, it you are invited to an onsite interview to shadow another sales rep for 30 minutes, and to be interviewed by another hiring manager. The reps try their best to show how much fun they are having, but this is a smile and dial call center at its worst; a relic of the sales techniques of a time long past. The interview with the hiring manager mostly just covers your resume and a few more behavioral interview questions. Over all, very easy, but not worth accepting the position for the laughably low pay rate they offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you persevered when things did not go your way?   1 Answer

Sales Scottsdale Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

Basic interviews and background checks. The job pays minimum wage, but has a decent commission structure if you are assigned "the right" segment, Real Estate Agent, - over 90% of sales are made to Real Estate Agents. If you are not assigned Real Estate Agents you will make 30k/year at most. May as well quit and find a real job with a real company that understands a decent base salary equates to decent sales people. After being offered the job there is a new hiree mixer where you learn the company culture of drinking alcohol. Drinking is not required, but it is encouraged. Just like a frat house. Have fun burning business owners and having a negative impact in the business world.

Interview Questions

• Can you operate a computer?
      Can you read scripts without deviating?
      Are you familiar with SEO and online marketing?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. You get paid 20k/year and commission for each sale that does not cancel. I worked there for 2 years and was successful. But it was only because I was assigned Real Estate Agents. And they cancel a lot. If they cancel with 4 months you need to pay back commission you received. At one point I was paying the company back 800$ each paycheck. I saw a lot of talent leave after being frustrated for the last time.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

The interview process was an excellent one. There was an initial meet and greet to introduce prospective employees to management. The interview was lengthy but involved several rounds with numerous managers. The questions were insightful and real without being the typical generic interview questions you get.

I was interviewed for numerous teams at one time and two of the three were people I had met prior at the meet and greet.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process was extremely quick. I submitted my application online, received an email for a phone interview the next day and was asked to go into the office the following day. I received an offer on my way home from the office.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I was recruited by them. It was a really simple process, a phone interview just asking the normal questions. They invite you in for an in person interview where they show you the office and you'll shadow a sales rep to get the feel for the job. Then pull you into a interview room and just make sure you are remotely qualified to learn the process. They will also have you read a script with the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Would you have an issue cold calling all day?   1 Answer

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC) in September 2016.

Interview

Recruiter reached out through e-mail. We scheduled a brief phone conversation within a few days. The recruiter asked questions about my resume and past experience. After this phone conversation, the recruiter scheduled a second Interview with managers. Second interview was scheduled within a week. Due to location and quick turn around, my second interview was completed via Skype and last around 40 mins.

Interview Questions

• Interviewers asked general questions. Tell us about yourself? Asked about past experience that related to job posting. Also asked how you would approach specific scenarios, ex. If you cannot meet a deadline, how would you approach the situation?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

You won't be able to count them to be able to avoid bias during the interview process. This means that when you are writing code for them you are being judged not judged on whether the code you are writing is correct. You are being judged on whether the interviewer is having a good day or not. The live coding problem was really to easy to screen for candidates. Focus on branding yourself well before the interview with your resume and try not to act so smart that you intimidate the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• It was the use case of the multiset. It is implemented in the google Guava libraries. The hiring manager did not know about Guava.   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (Albany, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, I was contact by recruiter. We fixed a time for the call, because of network fluctuation I missed the call somehow. Tried to get back to interviewer, HR people immediately and many times but there was no reply. I used to email 10 times to get an answer of Simple question, finally after one and half month my interview was rescheduled.
    The interviewer asked me if I require sponsorship, I said Yes and she said thank you for your time and may be we do not offer sponsorship(She wasn't sure), and she would check with someone and would try to get back to me and she cut the call. But I was never contacted. I tried reaching to her once after that and never tried again,

Interview Questions

• Do you require sponsorship?   1 Answer