Yodle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.4

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

You won't be able to count them to be able to avoid bias during the interview process. This means that when you are writing code for them you are being judged not judged on whether the code you are writing is correct. You are being judged on whether the interviewer is having a good day or not. The live coding problem was really to easy to screen for candidates. Focus on branding yourself well before the interview with your resume and try not to act so smart that you intimidate the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• It was the use case of the multiset. It is implemented in the google Guava libraries. The hiring manager did not know about Guava.   1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (Albany, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, I was contact by recruiter. We fixed a time for the call, because of network fluctuation I missed the call somehow. Tried to get back to interviewer, HR people immediately and many times but there was no reply. I used to email 10 times to get an answer of Simple question, finally after one and half month my interview was rescheduled.
    The interviewer asked me if I require sponsorship, I said Yes and she said thank you for your time and may be we do not offer sponsorship(She wasn't sure), and she would check with someone and would try to get back to me and she cut the call. But I was never contacted. I tried reaching to her once after that and never tried again,

Interview Questions

• Do you require sponsorship?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX).

Interview

They sought me out through Indeed. The interview was a joke. Sounded like he may have worked there a few months. Couldn't answer basic questions about the company. He asked what I made at my current job. It was a total fishing expedition. Unprofessional.

Chop shop

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied through their website. Next day was emailed about doing a phone interview.

The phone interview was very pleasant with standard background questions.."Why sales?" etc. In-person interview was offered at the end of the phone interview.

Walking into the office you immediately see two large rooms named 'Training Room' -- big giveaway that there is probably quite a bit of turnover, but that didn't deter me.

In-person interview started with a 30 minute shadow of a sales rep on the call center floor who seemed like he'd rather be anywhere but there; but his phone skills were rather good.

A recruitment manager then came to get me for an interview. We talked about the shadowing, the position and straight forward back and forth questions.

Was offered a final interview with a sales manager minutes later who made me feel very comfortable, so it almost didn't feel like an interview.

Throughout the entire interview process every interviewer almost tries to discourage you from wanting to take the position by being super upfront about the intensity of the unglamorous telemarketing role, and what you should expect from it. They want to make sure you really want to be there or at least really want to get into a sales role.

A couple days later after I received a call with an offer
    from the initial recruiter. I want to get into Inside Sales and this seems like a really solid place to get started which is why I accepted (and free lunch uhri day...hopefully it's decent.)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Pretty self explanatory. Shadowed a sales rep observing them while they made phone calls and following a long on a script. The sales rep that was shadowed was very nice and was respectful. Then had a 10 minute interview with the hiring manager. That consisted of telling him about the company, what research was done, employment history, etc.

Web/UI Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY).

Interview

Average interview questions you can easily be hired here. HR personnel lack experience, use the same "startup" interview questions as every low tech "startup". If you have interviewed through out NYC startup scene its the standard hiring questions.

Biggest faux pas for me was HR person hiring me and the person who was to be "my boss" forgot to mention that "my boss" was quitting the same week I was starting. Did not help me "the boss" letting me that first Monday I started that she quit 2 weeks ago - then talking negatively about the company to me the whole week - Which made me second guess working there.

Interview Questions

• What new apps or software have you been using lately?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, then interview the next day, then offer the next day. The process once in person was checking at the front desk and that's the start of the interview, then on to the recruiter who dropped me off with a tenured sales rep to shadow, then to another interviewer directly involved, and on to a higher up involved in that department. Everyone was friendly, competent and seeing the environment and possibly future coworkers, I decided I wanted the job, that I wanted to work there no matter what. Let me put it this way, the people there are so cool and competent that I'm commuting two hours until I can get a place nearby. Every negative thing I've read about the company and process can be written off as college kids and others underprepared for the kind of environment and work.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job? Did I have experience in sales and marketing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I sat down with a Sales Rep and listened into a few calls. Shortly after I met with a hiring manager, he asked about me and what why I was looking at the position. We then went through a test call to see if I could read off of a script.

Interview Questions

• General questions regarding business and sales history   1 Answer

I received a verbal offer during the interview and was told I would receive an email later that week to go over everything. I haven't heard anything from them since even after sending the recruiter an email. I found that to be disrespectful to be honest.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yodle (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

I went to a hiring open house and it was a speed interview.

The company is young and tries to come across as ultra hip. The tour included bragging about their conference room set up for beer Pong and their many happy hour events.

The speed interviewing was more like a game. It was fun, but not very professional.

The place had the feel of a preschool call center.