Yodle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.7

77 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Yodle (Charlotte, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Brief phone screening with a recruiter, decided the position wasn't for me. Make sure you understand before you apply that their reps are paid HOURLY $9.60 per hour. 20k a year base salary (seriously). Also understand that you will be reading from a script 100% of the time. If you have any experience at all in sales, this job probably isnt for you.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you received constructive feedback from a manager and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Yodle (Scottsdale, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

If you apply online someone will email you to set up a phone interview. After that you go to the office and shadow a rep then you meet with Amy. A couple days later I got rejected but I don't really care. Everyone there smokes and I refuse to work in a smoking environment. The rep I shadowed smelled like cigs. It was so gross. He also didn't get any demos scheduled when I shadowed him. I don't think I am meant to do inside sales so it's whatever.

Process Efficiency Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

I applied online and within 5 minutes received a phone call requesting an initial phone interview. I was surprised because I would assume my resume, application responses and cover letter would take longer to review.

The job was also very different from the impression I received on their website.

I was disappointed that I wasted my time with a recruiter who did not take the time to review my application yet pushed me for answers about their company. (Side note-I did review the company, did my pre-work and wished I didn't after the inteview). Waste of time and clearly not a company that I would want to work for.

Interview Questions

• Q: What do you know about Yodle? What do we do?
      Q: Why did you leave your previous job without having secured a new one?
      Q: What was your last salary? (This was asked more than once, simply rephrased the second time).   1 Answer

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

1) Phone interview with recruiter
    2) Phone interview with UX Manager
    3) Take home Design exercise
    4) in person interviews

Probably one of the most unprofessional people I have interviewed with. The first phone interview with the recruiter went well, but the UX Manager acted very unprofessionally, asking personal questions about a former colleague. I also did the take home design assignment and the recruiter called back saying they liked my work and will schedule an in-person interview soon, but never ever heard back, in spite of 3 emails I sent over a period of next two months.
    Surprising, that it is 2016 and there are still people who do not bother to write back after some one has invested so much time and effort to go through the interview process. At least have the courtesy to reply back. Not expected from a company such as Yodle!

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly about design decision about my portfolio. UX Manager asked if I followed any design blogs etc and which ones. (and of course a couple inappropriate questions about a former colleague)
      Design assignment was to design a dashboard for Yodle's back-end website. (again kind of unprofessional to ask candidates to design their own project)   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yodle in August 2015.

Interview

Got call pretty quick for interview. Called didn't get response when I called maybe I'll try again I really was interested in this position. It would have been the perfect environment for I was looking for in a career work place.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and received a phone interview the same day. Fairly simple screening questions about customer service experience and challenges I've successfully dealt with. I was then told to confirm an in-person interview for the next week along with an application and an online scavenger hunt (very easy, just to show that you're competent with technology).

The in-person interview was really not my cup of tea though. I was fairly OK with the environment -- large call center, lots of chatter, music blasting. I shadowed an employee who was pretty funny and frank about his job. Saw firsthand a lot of the rejection that sales representatives face on a daily basis, though that didn't deter me. I was then taken to an interview room where I spoke to two guys about the job and read off from a script. While one guy was pretty nice, I felt like the other was a tad rude. I remained friendly and kept a professional demeanor, but it seemed that he made up his mind the moment I walked in.

I would normally try to follow up after an interview, but the job didn't seem to be very worth it after this interview in particular. Just wasn't for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

Received a phone call, was a great experience really cool guy, easy questions very straight forward. Made me take a test on the computer, a little tricky, but nonetheless simple. We spoke about baseball and the product/ service that Yodle provides. Seem really sincere and genuine

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

Phone Interview, Personal Interview. Overall the interview went pretty well in my opinion, first you walk in and they sit you down in a room with just a laptop and there are some directions to follow. You basically make a very dumbed down powerpoint presentation, at least thats what the directions say to do, this dosen't mean you cant enhance it (which is exactly what I did). Personally I believe anyone with drive and a few good success books in them (Dale Carnegie, Frank Bettger...) can get this job. I was not offered a position due to past criminal charges.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about? Why sales? Name a time you set and exceeded a goal? Do you have any prior sales experience?   Answer Question

Marketing Department Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Yodle in February 2015.

Interview

A Yodle recruiter contacted me on LinkedIn concerning an opening the company had matching my career history and credentials. I’m not currently on the job market, but why not see what the company and position is all about?

The recruiter and I emailed a few times over two days before we set up a telephone appointment to talk about the position. The recruiter was prompt and lovely to speak with -- she seemed interested in what I had to say and was receptive to my work experience.

And then she moved into the “behavioral interviewing” portion of the talk, which she informed me Yodle is a proponent of doing. Some of these questions stood out as overly arbitrary and complicated; I was asked four of them. Here’s an example: “Please tell me about a time you had to achieve a goal when faced with nothing but opposition.” OK... It’s not a bad question, but would be more effective when worked into a conversation during an in-person interview and not an initial screening.

Afterward, I was told my information was being passed along to the hiring manager, and if he/she was interested in talking further with me I’d hear back in 24 to 48 hours. But no matter what, I’d hear something either from the recruiter or hiring manager in that time.

I never did.

While the initial telephone screening was fine, I do find it inconsiderate and disrespectful I wasn’t contacted back -- even to tell me they didn’t want to consider me further -- considering the Yodle recruiter approached me first.

Interview Questions

• Please tell me about a time you had to achieve a goal when faced with nothing but opposition...   Answer Question

Sourcer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

Overall the process was fairly short. I applied for an open position. Had a 30 minute phone screen (and was told that Yodle is moving fast and would have results the day after the interview). Received a message asking for an in person interview. Went to the in person interview. And then waited for a response.

The interview itself lasted four hours. I had a schedule to meet with five different people (two via Skype). Two people that were on the onsite schedule did not end up meeting with me. One being the manager. There was a ton of lag time between interviews.

Took me a week to hear back after the interview.

Simply put: I think that they were rushing through the interview/ hiring process and forgot a lot of the details.

Interview Questions

• What kind of personality do you have?   1 Answer