Yodle Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.4

Corporate Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (Scottsdale, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was pretty seamless and transparent. Yodle likes to preserve the great culture they have built and it shows by ensuring that all key stakeholders have a chance to meet with candidates.

Interview Questions

• it's hard to gauge what a difficult question would be as everyone is different. They really want to ensure a cultural fit as well as typical behavioral based interviewing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation as the compensation details were discussed early on in the process.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

Phone interview and discussed my background academically and what I wanted out of this job, set up a personal interview with HR a few months later, Shadow a sales rep, perform a computer test to show my competancy with Microsoft office suite

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

The application has an option to do one of two programs. I did the Juggle Fest program and got an email about 2 days later to schedule the first over the phone interview. Asked a few questions about OOP and that gave some insight to the company.
    The next week someone else emailed me to schedule the second interview for that same week over the phone. During that interview they asked a couple more questions about OOP and some about myself. Then they had me look at some code over the phone and complete it. It was simple as long as you know how to use the List implementation. I did not. I learned it while I was on the phone. The next day I recieved an email saying they were moving forward with other candidates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through glassdoor and received a response a couple of days later. It was a very brief phone interview but It was way past the scheduled time. They emailed me the decision another couple of days later. My experience overall was neutral cause I couldn't really tell if the company is good or not from the interview. I think their H.R. team is a bit sloppy judging by how they correspond (spelling mistakes in email).

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yodle in February 2016.

Interview

It was a phone screen set up at a convenient time for both parties. Overall lasted around 45 minutes.

Solved one of their test problems, so I scheduled an interview for the following week. Pretty straight forward interview about experience and general computer science, no in depth problems to solve. Did not have much interview experience, so I did not do as well as I could have.
    The test problems are fairly basic so might as well solve those to get in the door.

Interview Questions

• Why Yodle? Talk about heap/stack, inheritance, how would you improve a compiler if you could?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

Easy. They were mostly just trying to sell the company to you, they will literally hire anyone. Really a monkey could do this job. I have nothing else to write because the interview process was so easy. You spoke with a recruiter for 5 mins and they hired you.

Interview Questions

• How much money do you want to make?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

It was supposed to be a phone interview with HR then a phone interview with a technical manager and lastly following up with an interview on their onsite location, but after the interview with HR they claimed I made it to the next round but they they completely ducked out and disappeared.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions
      Why do you want to work here
      N   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online from a posting on Indeed . Received an email to schedule a phone interview the following day. Quick phone interview then an in person interview where a portion of the interview was spent sitting in on calls with a rep. Last portion of the interview was with a different recruiter. Part of the second part was a "scripted" mock call where the recruiter would play the customer and you would respond with one of the options from the script. I received an offer with was $20K Base plus commission. That is incredibly low! They mentioned that the average sales rep there makes $45k.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Everything was going well until they called me to followup after the unperson group interview and said they were passing because I didn't have enough experience. Why waste someone's time to make a decision based on experience when you can see that from their resume?

Interview Questions

• What real-world design update have you seen recently and what did you think? How would you make it better?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yodle (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

I received a phone call, then a phone interview, and then an in person interview. During the interview I was required to sit with a person in the call center and watch as they did their job so I could get a feel for the work I would be required to do. Afterwards I met with the interviewer and answered some basic questions as well as reading a script to see how well I could do it without hesitating or sounding like a robot.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to read a script. They also asked why I wanted to work there.   1 Answer