Yodle Sales Development Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Yodle Sales Development Representative Interview Questions

2.4

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

It started would with getting a tour of the facility. After that, I shadowed a team member to get an idea of what the day-to-day looks like. You just listen in on the headset and pretty much just observe the cold calling and following the script. Then you meet with a senior recruiter who asks you normal questions you're asked for entry-level sales interviews. Nothing too surprising, it's a really straightforward process.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? How do you keep a good attitude when dealing with rejection? Do you feel comfortable following our script?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Yodle

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

The process was pretty quick. I applied online, then the next day I received an email to set up a phone interview/prescreening with a recruiter. He called within a few hours and gave me an overview of the position. After a few questions, he set up an onsite interview (you'll have to complete a quick assessment before attending the interview). Once onsite, I met with the sales manager and he introduced me to his team. I got to listen in on a call for about 20 minutes and was asked to jot down any questions I had. Afterwards, the sales manager along with a sales executive interviewed me. The interview was straight forward--how did I hear about the position, what do I know about the company, do I understand what my role would be, past work experience, etc. They also made it clear that they're very selective when hiring for this position. Then I was asked to read a script. It was pretty long and unexpected, as I thought the interview was over. I was caught off guard and stumbled a few times, but as long as you're able to read, you'll be fine. Be sure to read it VERBATIM. The script concluded the interview. Upon leaving, the sales manager said that either he or the recruiter would be in contact to discuss the interview. By early next week the recruiter called and let me know I had been selected. The total process was less than a week.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I had 30 minute phone interview before being asked to come to the office. When I arrived, I sat with a SDR on the desk for 30 minutes before a formal interview with sales role play.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX).

Interview

I had 3 phone conversations with an HR rep and manager. They were straight forward and less than 45 minutes each and always friendly. The process lasted approximately 4 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They asked me multiple times/in different ways/in different conversations about my commitment to sales. If you don't have any experience or strong interest in sales, dig deep into your soul to find a good answer to that question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

By far the easiest interview process out of any job I have ever had. The recruiter didn't even ask me any questions really. They had me makes slide on a power point presentation with my name on it and had me email it to them. I guess to make sure I wasn't mentally challenged. They had me listen to a currently employed representative while they were working, just to show me exactly what I would be doing for about 15-20 minutes. Guy came back asked me what I thought about it, I said doesn't seem too bad and a few days later I had the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you about the process/ do you think this is something you would want to do?   Answer Question

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

Entire process took about two weeks:

- Applied on website

- Received a call a few days later which turned into a short phone interview with a recruiter

- Received a call a day later to set up interview for the following week

- Was told to dress business casual

- Interview lasted 30 minutes and included speaking with SDR manager and senior recruiting manager

- Basic questions asked in every interview (previous experience, overcoming obstacle, why you'd be great at position, etc.)

- Received a job offer on the drive home

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in sales?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Really easy phone screen. At the actual interview, I spent 20-30 minutes shadowing an employee to get an idea of what they do, then spend 30-40 minutes interviewing with two managers. The interview was very relaxed and friendly. While less apparent at the time, this is definitely a company that will hire just about anyone since they have a very high turnover rate, so don't sweat the interview. If you want the job, just tell them you're really competitive and really like money.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Yodle in July 2013.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone with a recruiter, pretty standard questions, but she did keep asking me if I would rather go into a full circle sales position.

The second part of the interview is to come into the office and shadow a rep on the phone for 10-30 minutes. After that they pull you into an interview room, and ask you some pretty basic questions like what motivates you, do you think you would be able to make over 100 dials a day, etc. THenthey offered me the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• I thought it was weird that the recruiter kept asking me if I wanted to go into a full circle sales position, even though I had no real sales experience to speak of.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There isn't a negotiation phase. You're told you get $20k base pay and 20% commision.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Yodle.

Interview

Submit app online. They will call you and it seems like it's just to set up an interview time but it somewhat turns into a mini phone interview. Nothing too crazy just catches you off guard. Then they will set up a time for you to go to the location, you'll get a mini tour and then get to observe for about half an hour. Then you have your interview, typical questions, but they do want you to prove that you did research about the company and specifically about SEM and SEO. Ask lots of questions!

Interview Questions

• nothing too extreme. Just be ready for a possible unplanned phone interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Yodle (Austin, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

Initially it took them just over two weeks to set up the initial interview. Once I was interviewed it was a three step process (HR interview, manager interview, phone interview to assess selling skills) that took about a week. I was in a training class the following week iwht a group of five other people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate. There is a comp plan built in so you make what you earn.